annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

The Blackest Day is about her miscarriage and that’s the T

That would make the bio on her instagram account for Honeymoon quite eerie: "Honeymoon is alive and breathing". Yikes  :deadbanana:

:whoopi: :whoopi: :whoopi:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

after the bridge in the blackest day, when she's first singing the chorus with a lot less instrumentation before it kicks back in, there are some absolutely GODLY background vocals i had never noticed before. if you listen with earphones and truly focus in on those vocals it makes you view the song in a totally new way. blackest day is now my favourite song from HM.

This, the hidden vocals are beautiful

I thought the same at first listen. UV ain't shit :hottie:

8nl2OpX.png

If her Honeymoon account isn't alive and breathing, at least this topic is.

It's such an amazing journey listening to this album. Wasn't listening to it for months, and oh my God, it aged so well. To this day it's still so fresh.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Honeymoon is a cohesive masterpiece ... TLY ends with her humming and GKIT begins with it, Freak transitions into Art Deco through her vocals being echoed, Swan song samples HBTB vocals in the intro .. her BEST album!

the fact that I stan her so hard and don't even follow the HM account is SO embarrassing.... i'm a wreck. i was a huge stan even when the HM rollout era was happening--I just wasnt active on instagram then :( mess 

the fact that I stan her so hard and don't even follow the HM account is SO embarrassing.... i'm a wreck. i was a huge stan even when the HM rollout era was happening--I just wasnt active on instagram then :( mess

she probably forgot the password so ur not missing out on much (for now)

i76mrxw.png 

after the bridge in the blackest day, when she's first singing the chorus with a lot less instrumentation before it kicks back in, there are some absolutely GODLY background vocals i had never noticed before. if you listen with earphones and truly focus in on those vocals it makes you view the song in a totally new way. blackest day is now my favourite song from HM.

This is the beautiful thing about Honeymoon. The more you listen, the more of these stunning details you find all across the album.  :flutter:

People love to write off its production as stale and minimal, but that's not true -- you just need to listen to the album at a high volume with good headphones. 

I mean. Lana could have had a miscarriage. It's not like we (the fans) would even know anyway. But I still think it's a bit of a reach.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just commented on the analyzation of Music To Watch Boys To, here are my thoughts on it. Including a good idea for a video treatment that would taken the record to another level:

This record is a world of its own. With such a unique, otherworldly cinematic feel. Giving me Alfred Hitchcock "Rear Window" feels. Entering a world of voyeurism and mystery.

Still think the video in my opinion should've been inspired by those things. Her spying those guys she's into. Building up story mini story of voyeurism, mystery and obsession.

"the title (of the song) lends itself to a visual of shadows of men passing by, this girl's eyes, her face. I can definitely see things". - Lana

But then again its just me thinking to deep lol. Lana's music inspires that kind of visualization.

Just commented on the analyzation of Music To Watch Boys To, here are my thoughts on it. Including a good idea for a video treatment that would taken the record to another level:

This record is a world of its own. With such a unique, otherworldly cinematic feel. Giving me Alfred Hitchcock "Rear Window" feels. Entering a world of voyeurism and mystery.

Still think the video in my opinion should've been inspired by those things. Her spying those guys she's into. Building up story mini story of voyeurism, mystery and obsession.

"the title (of the song) lends itself to a visual of shadows of men passing by, this girl's eyes, her face. I can definitely see things". - Lana

But then again its just me thinking to deep lol. Lana's music inspires that kind of visualization.

No I can see it too. I was re-watching the film and immdiately thought of Honeymoon's opening strings. There are a lot of "spooky" vibes that come from HM, and I love how Lana makes it so beautiful, the peril, the mortality of things and how it makes living all the more worth living. Short answer, +1, yes. 

UV/Honeymoon