annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

i feel like this is my theory that i began writing about on this thread somewhere and in my LB blog

*ah i did before LFL was released, and it's release fit in perfectly with the concept

Thanks for sharing! What's your blog?

I just discovered her interview on France Inter, so I recorded it.

And I add the raw "Smile" song at the end of Honeymoon album and it fits so well between DLMBMisuderstood and Honeymoon :

https://picosong.com/wXuvN/

Happy 3rd Birthday Honeymoon  :worship:

I got the feeling I lived 9 lives since it's out. My live changed so muched, and this album was still here to add its colors on my personnal evolution

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

why?

Well, Honeymoon songs have the least amount of views on youtube out of all the other songs from other albums, the least amount of streams and people don't really remember or talk much about it so yeah..

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Well, Honeymoon songs have the least amount of views on youtube out of all the other songs from other albums, the least amount of streams and people don't really remember or talk much about it so yeah..

I meant why does he like it because it's her least successful album?

giphy.gif

I honestly love 'Burnt Norton - interlude'

It's a masterpiece, and a great poem by T. S. Eliot.

And Lana reading it gave me a breathe of life.

giphy.gif

I honestly love 'Burnt Norton - interlude'

It's a masterpiece, and a great poem by T. S. Eliot.

And Lana reading it gave me a breathe of life.

Lust For Life could have used something like this as a bridge between the sound since the sound changes in the album around the middle, the way burnt norton fades into religion is ART and its really refreshing to hear her speak softly for a bit after a while of her singing 

Lust For Life could have used something like this as a bridge between the sound since the sound changes in the album around the middle, the way burnt norton fades into religion is ART and its really refreshing to hear her speak softly for a bit after a while of her singing 

A soft poem would have fitted nicely into Lust For Life.

Wow wigg

giphy.gif

i've now gotten to the point where i can no longer tell if ultraviolence is still my favorite lana album

i think honeymoon may have taken over. i still love uv all the same, but i just now get this kinda indescribable feeling when i listen to like any song from honeymoon

she really fucking did that with this album

i would now like to personally take back any negative thing i've ever said about this amazing body of work (bar the album cover. i like it more now than on release but to this day it remains a choice)

i've now gotten to the point where i can no longer tell if ultraviolence is still my favorite lana album

i think honeymoon may have taken over. i still love uv all the same, but i just now get this kinda indescribable feeling when i listen to like any song from honeymoon

she really fucking did that with this album

i would now like to personally take back any negative thing i've ever said about this amazing body of work (bar the album cover. i like it more now than on release but to this day it remains a choice)

Thankfully you have seen the light. Honeymoon is a masterpiece  :defeated:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can't listen to most of the songs on Honeymoon because they make me so damn fucking sad. Not because they're bad, quite the contrary. But I don't know how to explain it. UV gives me this dark edgy feel, where as Honeymoon gives me very sad melodic vibes. It's such a beautiful album, but it always tears at my heart strings. I know Lana said UV was unlistenable because to her, that was her saddest album, but to me honestly Honeymoon takes the cake on unlistenable sadness. There's some light moments like Terrences Loves You, Freak, Swan Song, Music To Watch Boys To, but songs like God Knows I Tried, Honeymoon, The Blackest Day, Salvatore, Religion, etc. Idfk man, those are some beautiful tragedies. Truly one of her most interesting, and most depressing albums. 10/10 Lana. I'm listening to The Blackest Day again and damn, I swear I could mistake my house for an onion cutting facility right now.

tumblr_o7bypv0UWB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I can't listen to most of the songs on Honeymoon because they make me so damn fucking sad. Not because they're bad, quite the contrary. But I don't know how to explain it. UV gives me this dark edgy feel, where as Honeymoon gives me very sad melodic vibes. It's such a beautiful album, but it always tears at my heart strings. I know Lana said UV was unlistenable because to her, that was her saddest album, but to me honestly Honeymoon takes the cake on unlistenable sadness. There's some light moments like Terrences Loves You, Freak, Swan Song, Music To Watch Boys To, but songs like God Knows I Tried, Honeymoon, The Blackest Day, Salvatore, Religion, etc. Idfk man, those are some beautiful tragedies. Truly one of her most interesting, and most depressing albums. 10/10 Lana. I'm listening to The Blackest Day again and damn, I swear I could mistake my house for an onion cutting facility right now.

tumblr_o7bypv0UWB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

It's her saddest album by FAR - totally agree with you. Ultraviolence is too melodramatic to be sad for me. Honeymoon has the quiet and ethereal sadness found in the greatest poetry.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.