annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Hey yall ! I need my private investigators sisters.
I finally ordered a Honeymoon box set on Amazon and I recieved it. But when I compare mine to the CholFable one, I see strange differences.
Do you think my copy is a fake ? Do you have a copy that looks like mine ?

SOLVED : Mine is EU Version / CholFable one is US Version

> The video of CholFable : here

> My comparison :
1526463701-ldr-box.jpg

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

The more you listen to HM, the more it becomes more beautiful. I’m still noticing little details I hadn’t heard before.

If you're looking for more details; try listening to the album instrumentals. They're amazing. It seems like the beats gradually become more heavy as you go on. 

Also there's some sort of subtle "hospital"-sound in TBD which I think is very haunting. It gave me chills the first time I noticed.

If you're looking for more details; try listening to the album instrumentals. They're amazing. It seems like the beats gradually become more heavy as you go on.

Also there's some sort of subtle "hospital"-sound in TBD which I think is very haunting. It gave me chills the first time I noticed.

I occasionally listen to the instrumentals. They’re the reason why I realized its beauty.

Can you tell me which part of TBD? Never heard it

I realize the term "hospital"-sound sounds rather vague lol. It's more of a faint heart-monitor sound... I don't know how to describe it otherwise.

I occasionally listen to the instrumentals. They’re the reason why I realized its beauty.

Can you tell me which part of TBD? Never heard it

I'm getting my headphones, because it really is subtle. I think the sound is there throughout the entire song, but its best noticeable in the parts where all the other instruments aren't as heavy as they are in the chorus.

It's quite noticeable from 2:16 - 2:22 @cashcomesquick

I realize the term "hospital"-sound sounds rather vague lol. It's more of a faint heart-monitor sound... I don't know how to describe it otherwise.

I'm getting my headphones, because it really is subtle. I think the sound is there throughout the entire song, but its best noticeable in the parts where all the other instruments aren't as heavy as they are in the chorus.

It's quite noticeable from 2:16 - 2:22 @cashcomesquick

I know what you're talking about, I noticed them when I listened to the instrumental while studying about two years ago... I love those small beats!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

What about with Swan Song? You can't deny it's a masterpiece. One of my top 5. :hair:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

What about with Swan Song? You can't deny it's a masterpiece. One of my top 5. :hair:

It really is a masterpiece

Lanapedia says that the opening of the song samples vocals from HBTB but I can't really hear it...

Lanapedia says that the opening of the song samples vocals from HBTB but I can't really hear it...

It's "hiiiiiigggghhh" sampled really slow from the ending of HBTB.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's "hiiiiiigggghhh" sampled really slow from the ending of HBTB.

Ohh, I see. Thanks!

I wonder what the significance is of sampling that into SS. Like, why are SS and HBTB connected? Does anyone have a theory for that?

1. Taste!

2. Me neither, but after what @@Clampigirl said, I'll try again. :D

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I wonder what the significance is of sampling that into SS. Like, why are SS and HBTB connected? Does anyone have a theory for that?

Hm, I've never heard or thought of that. I've never seen a connection between the songs. :O

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Terrence Loves You is such an underrated song from HM. The instrumental isn't extremely complex but it has subtle details and soft instrumentals that make it interesting. Listening to the acapella and instrumental made me appreciate it so much more. Lana's vocals seem to fade out as she ends each line. Her diction when she sings matches the uniqueness of the song, as she doesn't really have another song like this in her discography. (Although I can see it being compared to Old Money) Plus the two part harmony at the very end of the song + in the choruses comes together to beautifully. One of her best songs in terms of musical composition and lyrics.