annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Terrence Loves You is such an underrated song from HM. The instrumental isn't extremely complex but it has subtle details and soft instrumentals that make it interesting. Listening to the acapella and instrumental made me appreciate it so much more. Lana's vocals seem to fade out as she ends each line. Her diction when she sings matches the uniqueness of the song, as she doesn't really have another song like this in her discography. (Although I can see it being compared to Old Money) Plus the two part harmony at the very end of the song + in the choruses comes together to beautifully. One of her best songs in terms of musical composition and lyrics.

TLY always reminds me of this garden that I'd always visit time to time at this science center in my city. It's at its own different league. It's almost legendary imo

UV/Honeymoon

I'm not simple, it's trigonometry

The fact that she made this line work, truly her magnum opus

What does she even mean by that, though?

i am going to get killed for this but honestly terrence loves you is my least favorite song on honeymoon (not counting burnt norton and i don't know whether i like dlmbm better than tly or not).

it's still great but idk it's just never been my favorite

also 24 is underrated 

i am going to get killed for this but honestly terrence loves you is my least favorite song on honeymoon (not counting burnt norton and i don't know whether i like dlmbm better than tly or not).

it's still great but idk it's just never been my favorite

also 24 is underrated

Consider yourself killed

Art Deco is such a stand out track on HM to me. It would've fit in perfectly with The Great Gatsby movie along with Young and Beautiful. If only the song had been born a little earlier!

Totally going to get something off my chest while I'm talking about Art Deco - is anyone else here a Pet Shop Boys fan? I wonder if Lana likes them, or if PSB are familiar with Lana? Art Deco gives off SUCH a huge PSB vibe and the lyrics/theme are really unique compared to anything other song of hers. PSB have done some really amazing and unique covers (Always On My Mind, Where The Streets Have No Name, etc.) and I just love them. I think I would die of eternal happiness if they ever did a remake of Art Deco. I can hear their "'cause you want moooore, (why?)" perfectly in my head.  :icant:

giphy-1.gif 

I really want another album like this.

24 is iconic. Freak is a bop. Terrence Loves You and Honeymoon are heartbreaking. Salvatore is THAT SONG. The Blackest Day is relatable. Swan Song is cathartic. It's just full of masterpieces.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

@lanaFlowers

Bowie's 1/2 brother Terry Burns, who committed suicide, who was abused badly by his family, and who had mega mental-health problems and extreme sadness

(hence the use of Space Oddity) and tying in with my thoughts as mentioned earlier.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

What does she even mean by that, though?

i kind of wonder if it's because of how Lana/Francesco's relationship and Lana/Barrie's relationships seemingly ....um.....overlapped?

Partially because he told a paparazzo that they were still together when she was publicly seeing Francesco? or something like that. My memory could be wrong, but I thought it may be a reference to her seeing a new guy before she'd officially broken up w/ her bf/fiancee of a few years. idk

i kind of wonder if it's because of how Lana/Francesco's relationship and Lana/Barrie's relationships seemingly ....um.....overlapped?

Partially because he told a paparazzo that they were still together when she was publicly seeing Francesco? or something like that. My memory could be wrong, but I thought it may be a reference to her seeing a new guy before she'd officially broken up w/ her bf/fiancee of a few years. idk

That's interesting!

From Wikipedia: "Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that studies relationships involving lengths and angles of triangles" (love triangles then? :creep: lol).

Also from Wiki: "The 3rd-century astronomers first noted that the lengths of the sides of a right-angle triangle and the angles between those sides have fixed relationships: that is, if at least the length of one side and the value of one angle is known, then all other angles and lengths can be determined algorithmically."

So are we to take a calculus approach to Lana's relationships?  :omfg2: