annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I love the transition from Burnt Norton to Religion.

“Down the passage which we did not take

Towards the door we never opened

Into the rose garden“

As soon as BN ends, Religion starts playing with its opening chords. These chords feel like a door being opened.

Into the rose garden“

As soon as BN ends, Religion starts playing with its opening chords. These chords feel like a door being opened.

This is why i love honeymoon so much

Into the rose garden“

YESSSSSSS you are totally right

UV: "Blessed is this union. I'm crying tears of gold like lemonade"

MTWBT: "Nothing gold can stay, like love or lemonade"

Meaning that the union she once held so dear has fallen apart? "I'm on my own again" (TBD)

I love how she makes these references. It's like she's openly reflecting / commenting on her previous perspectives / experiences.

UV: "Blessed is this union. I'm crying tears of gold like lemonade"
MTWBT: "Nothing gold can stay, like love or lemonade"

Meaning that the union she once held so dear has fallen apart? "I'm on my own again" (TBD)

I love how she makes these references. It's like she's openly reflecting / commenting on her previous perspectives / experiences.

ugh she really hates uv huh? dismantling its title track right on the next record, talent WON in the end.

i76mrxw.png 

Furthermore!

From Trash Magic (ugh, how I LOVE that song):

"He said, "Lana Rey,

Will you serve me lemonade?"
I said, "Yes, Bill, I will, it's the day of the parade." 

Lemonade as a symbol of Lana's and Bill's union? Hmmmmm, who knows!

you can listen to hundreds of songs hundreds of times and still find connections between lyrics or references that you missed before. HER MIND, TRULY

It's what I'm here for!! She is such an amazing writer. Some of y'all truly miss out on these references! Hit me up if you find connections as well  :hooker:

ugh she really hates uv huh? dismantling its title track right on the next record, talent WON in the end.

I'm not sure if she really hates UV, but her stance towards this kind of relationship certainly changed. Moreover, rather than dismissing just the relationship, she seemed to have come to the conclusion that nothing gold can stay. It's transitory. Nothing of some sort of union is forever. It's a bitter conclusion... 

I'm not sure if she really hates UV, but her stance towards this kind of relationship certainly changed. Moreover, rather than dismissing just the relationship, she seemed to have come to the conclusion that nothing gold can stay. It's transitory. Nothing of some sort of union is forever. It's a bitter conclusion... 

no, she's seen the light and hates it.

i76mrxw.png 

I doubt it's that deep.trigonometry just isn't simple, especially since the guy in TBD seemingly left her for another woman it ties in with the love-triangle metaphor

I never thought of the guy in TBD leaving her for another woman. When she says "under the spell of her weather" or whatever she is referencing herself in the third person? Only because she follows it with "I got you where I want you now", as is, on was her spell.

Idk if that makes sense. But I also think you're correct, it could be about her being left for another woman. :)

I never thought of the guy in TBD leaving her for another woman. When she says "under the spell of her weather" or whatever she is referencing herself in the third person? Only because she follows it with "I got you where I want you now", as is, on was her spell.

Idk if that makes sense. But I also think you're correct, it could be about her being left for another woman. :)

I don't know, I alwaays thought it was about her being left for another man (and then abducting and killing him lol)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

For me TBD talks about different relationships.

At first she was with this man and she was madly in love (Let's call him Barrie :creep:) but he left her for unknown reasons.

This left her so heartbroken that she goes "Looking for love. In all the wrong places", right after she goes looking for comfort or the excitement that a realtionship gives, but it's never enough for her ("I don't really wanna break up, we got it going on. It's what you gathered from my talk, but you were wrong"/"It's not easy for me to talk about. A half-life in lost dreams")

She's starts being defensive and acknowledges her lack of care of her current relationship ("got my new car and my gun"/"'Cause there's nothing for us to talk about. Like the future and those things")

On the bridge I think she reveals that his last lover cheated and betrayed her and she emphasizes on how she's starting to use men for her own advantage, she's so heartbroken that she just doesn't care anymore.

8nl2OpX.png

after the bridge in the blackest day, when she's first singing the chorus with a lot less instrumentation before it kicks back in, there are some absolutely GODLY background vocals i had never noticed before. if you listen with earphones and truly focus in on those vocals it makes you view the song in a totally new way. blackest day is now my favourite song from HM.

RVhKIwP.gif