annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

It's her saddest album by FAR - totally agree with you. Ultraviolence is too melodramatic to be sad for me. Honeymoon has the quiet and ethereal sadness found in the greatest poetry.

That's exactly it! Like UV is sad sure, but Honeymoon has this soft, almost holy quietness, like something you'd listen to very early morning or late at night. Don't get me wrong I love UV, but the stillness Honeymoon possesses just frames her voice and the emotions she's trying to convey perfectly! UV and HIADT could have a baby, and I'd still say Honeymoon is her most emotional album yet.

tumblr_mm8jt5fvaJ1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

HM is lush, majestic, luminous, grand, orchestral, etharal. She is at her most « Old Hollywood » on that album, which I love. She is more in control with that one after the rawness and fiery passion of UV. The lyrics are pretty much flawless, even when they seem a bit corny. Her voice is like a summer breeze. And there are so many heartfelt moments on that album. It’s a tour de force. To me, it is still her best. UV was stunning, but listening it from cover to cover is kinda a downer. I don’t get that down feeling after HM.

From NME interview (2015) on GKIT:

“On Monday they destroyed me but by Friday I’m revived… I’ve got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame,” you sing on ‘God Knows I Tried’. Is life in the spotlight as crushing for you as it sounds? What are the most extreme situations you’ve found yourself in because of fame?

“There were unusual situations I found myself in that I didn’t know how to extract myself from, situations that needed more attention than me or the people around me knew how to handle at first. I think that song was a reminder to myself that if you don’t want the problems that come with being in the spotlight the best thing you can do is try and take yourself out of the spotlight when you’re not on stage. I think my two big goals with work are to make great records, and stay out of the press for the wrong reasons, so that song lyrically and melodically is especially poignant for me when I listen back to it. My family was traditional, and some of my extended family used to say a gentleman is only in the paper two times in his life: when he’s born and when he dies. Obviously, it’s a little too late for me when it comes to that sentiment.”

Hello songwriting material for 13 Beaches and Cherry  :flutter:

From NME interview (2015) on GKIT:

Hello songwriting material for 13 Beaches and Cherry  :flutter:

"and stay out of the press for the wrong reasons,"

well lana u stoopid bitch

I can only wonder what the outtakes for this album sound like. 

Honestly the album instrumentals could be a movie soundtrack. Every song, I picture a different scene. They're so heavenly, especially all the strings (the strings/synths in Religion are straight orgasmic)

Swan Song's instrumental has to be the most cinematic, ethereal, atmospheric, and entrancing production out of all her songs tbh

negAbhB.png

Still praying for demos leakes... i listen to this album almost everyday.

It’s all that I playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But yes I’d love to hear demos or outtakes. It is such an amazing album. I’ve always been confused by Lana’s neglect of it.. especially live. My theory is she doesn’t think the songs are well known enough to do live or something...

I also just noticed in TBD instrumental, theres little hints of Art Deco's synths

I haven’t noticed that!! Will have to listen again. I often listen to the instrumental of the album because its amazingly beautiful and calming in a way.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I just came here to say, I really love the lyrics from this record.

“There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you”

“Flames so hot that they turn blue”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I just came here to say, I really love the lyrics from this record.

“There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you”

“Flames so hot that they turn blue”

"Flames so hot that they turn blue" is definitely in my top 5 opening Lana lyrics, it still shakes me to the core that people hate Freak when beautifully sung, beautiful lines like that exist  :defeated:

giphy-1.gif