annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

"Flames so hot that they turn blue" is definitely in my top 5 opening Lana lyrics, it still shakes me to the core that people hate Freak when beautifully sung, beautiful lines like that exist  :defeated:

people...hate...FREAK????  :horror:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

people...hate...FREAK????  :horror:

it's the worst song on HM next to the god awful cover

it's the worst song on HM next to the god awful cover

Yet you want Yosemite..... your judgement just lost all merit to me lmaoooooo (slightly kidding but not)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"Flames so hot that they turn blue" is definitely in my top 5 opening Lana lyrics, it still shakes me to the core that people hate Freak when beautifully sung, beautiful lines like that exist  :defeated:

Same! And here comes an extremely unpopular opinion: the stranger than a stranger lyric was not bad. Not her best but not bad and it definitely doesn't affect the beauty of this song.

I love the endless summer and easy rider references in this song. Plus the background vocals of the last chorus!! Some of her best layering, up there with Ultraviolence. It's such a HOT song, yet it's kinda cool as well. It's the centre of that album.

Woah, listening to this album right now with HQ headphones for the first time in a long time and I’m blown away with the opening track again. Wow this was such a good one. The HM track is just so haunting and chilling. I need this kind of stuff happening again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I still stan salvatore though, I still randomly sing it in the shower whenever I feel like hitting some really low notes  :)

I love Honeymoon man... it feels like her secret album. Like a real vanity project and in years to come it will get what it deserves. So weird going to HMV etc. They stock all her albums but I haven't seen Honeymoon on vinyl instore since it's release.

The only thing I hate about Freak is the bridge, It's just such a weird change, it kind of feels anticlimatic.

8nl2OpX.png

this freak slander is absolutely despicable. yall don’t recognize her best work and that’s why she’s not sharing nfr cuz she knows none of u will appreciate it

UbsOye5.png

this was such an iconic era. August-October 2015. This is my favorite Lana album, and that says a lot since I LOVE BTD. The production on this album is absolutely perfect in everyway, it would be such a good movie sound track. Highkey want an instrumental vinyl release of this album.

People who don't like this album are incapable of appreciating the cinematic side of Lana that she does oh so well

I will praise this album until the day I die. If Lana ever made another cinematic album like Honeymoon I would absolutely die of happiness

negAbhB.png

I’m listening to The Blackest Day rn while typing this and, she really made this song, she did that, this is something they created. One of her best songs tbh, if not her best. (next to Shades of Cool)

qfrWuBl.png