annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

You should've known better

Than to have, to let her

Get you under her spell of the weather

I got you where I want you

You did it, I never

I'm falling for forever

I'm playing head games with you

Got you where I want you

I got you, I got you

I got you where I want you now

tumblr_inline_n2g00qf8eb1r1ign5.gif

The best song on Honeymoon :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Like 98% of the fandom, DLMBM did not quite do it for me since the day it was released and still doesn't. Was trying to think of what exactly I disliked about it and this is what I gathered.

I feel like I kinda see what she was going for with DLMBM but I don't think her performance does a good job at concluding the narrative of the album in a convincing way.

I think DLMBM is one of the few songs on the album alongside GKIT in which she allows the listener to gain a better understanding of her as a person. It adds a lot more dimension to the stories that are being told. I mean, one could already gather that she wasn't in the best headspace in songs like TBD but once you hear her plead and open up lyrically in DLMBM, it really shows the extent of how fragile she really felt throughout the album.

In that way it was a good choice for a cover but sonically, I'm sure y'all already know..

I feel like all the heartbreak and emotion that was displayed throughout the past 13 tracks completely dissipates when she starts singing. For a song that's supposed to be really raw and passionate, she sounds emotionless. Not even in a sad way, just hollow. And the production itself just kind of lacks charm. It sounds like it's just meant to sound nice. Not beautiful, not passionate, not moving, just nice. I feel like a reworked version of The Good Life could've worked better as an album closer. If they made the production similar to the Tony Bennett version with a darker touch, it would fit right in sound-wise with the title track. It would be interesting to see how that would play out. Unlike DLMBM, I feel like TGL would be more of a nice afterthought to the album. Kinda like when you finish a movie and you're just sitting there thinking during the credits.

Honeymoon is an amazing album to hear while you are sunbathing or when you just lying in the grass, enjoying the sun and watching the sky!! The beginning of God Knows I Tried reminded me of chirping crickets on a hot afternoon

Lana-Del-Rey-Honeymoon-compressed.jpg

This picture  contains some of the Honeymoon-sunbathing vibes

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Like 98% of the fandom, DLMBM did not quite do it for me since the day it was released and still doesn't. Was trying to think of what exactly I disliked about it and this is what I gathered.

I feel like I kinda see what she was going for with DLMBM but I don't think her performance does a good job at concluding the narrative of the album in a convincing way.

I think DLMBM is one of the few songs on the album alongside GKIT in which she allows the listener to gain a better understanding of her as a person. It adds a lot more dimension to the stories that are being told. I mean, one could already gather that she wasn't in the best headspace in songs like TBD but once you hear her plead and open up lyrically in DLMBM, it really shows the extent of how fragile she really felt throughout the album.

In that way it was a choice for a cover but sonically, I'm sure y'all already know..

I feel like all the heartbreak and emotion that was displayed throughout the past 13 tracks completely dissipates when she starts singing. For a song that's supposed to be really raw and passionate, she sounds emotionless. Not even in a sad way, just hollow. And the production itself just kind of lacks charm. It sounds like it's just meant to sound nice. Not beautiful, not passionate, not moving, just nice. I feel like a reworked version of The Good Life could've worked better as an album closer. If they made the production similar to the Tony Bennett version with a darker touch, it would fit right in sound-wise with the title track. It would be interesting to see how that would play out. Unlike DLMBM, I feel like TGL would be more of a nice afterthought to the album. Kinda like when you finish a movie and you're just sitting there thinking during the credits.

For me it's the instrumentAl that makes it bad. If it had the strings like HM it would a good song.

Mfhp.gif

Okay can we take a moment and appreciate God knows I tried and Salvatore. Her vocals in God knows I tried are amazing!!! And like Adele said, the chorus of Salvatore makes you feel like you are flying. And I never heard the laughing man in Salvatore until like 3 weeks ago :rip:

And why is no one talking about Religion? Not the best track on the album but I like it a lot and I love the fact that Burnt Norton is followed by Religion. Beautiful

And the transition from Freak to Art Deco is still iconic. We stan! And speaking of Freak, the last chorus of Freak is so fucking good aaah

The why in Art Deco reminded me of Born to Die and I love that

And The Blackest Day is still the best song for me. It's a masterpiece, breathtaking, amazing and a real career highlight

And now that I'm thinking about this album I can go on and on and I should listen more to Honeymoon. It's a beautiful album and she really did that!! Can't believe that people called it a snooze fest...

My only problem might be DLMBM..it's okayish..sth is missing in Lanas version

Swan Song is somehow the real closer for me

OiUHEXQ.jpg

The beginning of God Knows I Tried reminded me of chirping crickets on a hot afternoon

Well idk ....  but maybe because there is literally a sample of chirping crickets? :toofuny:

And the transition from Freak to Art Deco is still iconic. We stan!

That is something I never really liked because the two songs have no real relation with each other whatsoever (apart from being beautiful) and the gapless transition makes Freak seem so cut off when you listen to it out of the album's context.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

That is something I never really liked because the two songs have no real relation with each other whatsoever (apart from being beautiful) and the gapless transition makes Freak seem so cut off when you listen to it out of the album's context.

That's why I replaced it with the demo version :oic2:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

imagine if honeymoon was a visual album tho chile

The most amazing thing about the album its that it is itself a visual album with no visuals needed.

The most amazing thing about the album its that it is itself a visual album with no visuals needed.

A cinematic masterpiece.