RetroSound

'Ride' - Music Video Released

The song & video are masterpieces. For any of you proposing she should have censored herself(pinball machine scene, the headdress), you people are the enemies of ART.

Says the person whose point of reference for bangs is Katy Perry? :D I believe you have entirely missed the point of the contention with her use of the headdress. And i also don't think anyone was proposing self-censorship of her art.

Art with a capital A, d00d.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I think Ride was an amazing song and vídeo that intrudeced lots of new fans to lana so

Whats your favorite parte of Ride? It could be details from the song or the vídeo

My favorite parte of the vídeos are

1. the monologue, i love the "I was born to be the other woman, who belonged to no one, who belonged to everyone, who had nothing, who wanted everything" and "there's no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what it's like to sake safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lie your head" those just hit too close home for some reason and they make me feel conected to her for some reason??

and 2. the way lana's voice sounds so deep and sad in the first verse, that "I've been out on that open road" just sets the mood for the whole song to me, also her "don't leave me now, don't turn around, don't leave me high and dry" is the final thing that just makes me cry

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

i don't understand how you all hate ride that much, it's ok if you don't like the song or the pretentiousness in the monologue but i have a feeling some people won't even admit how nicely done and high production the whole 10 minutes looked.

let's pray that we get a similar high budget production again.

i76mrxw.png 

I actually never watched the video before until just now...... I have to say it's pretty fucking beautiful. I always love listening to the song with the monologue, without it the song doesn't feel complete to me.

I've always seem just gifs from this video on tumblr but have never watched it and i have to say.....WHY HAVENT I EVER SEEN GIFS ON THE ENDING?!?! That was my favorite part!!!

this video just leaves me speechless.

~INSTA1.gif

Next month it's Ride's anniversary, I love this music video so much, from the filming, style, history to the monologue, it's weird because I remember so well when this was released, doesn't looks like it's been 3 years

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Next month it's Ride's anniversary, I love this music video so much, from the filming, style, history to the monologue, it's weird because I remember so well when this was released, doesn't looks like it's been 3 years

*4 years, which is even crazier