Sign in to follow this  
AKA Lizzy Grant

Lana Del Rey Covers Billboard (October 22, 2015)

That exodus was partly born of the need to heal following a 2012 appearance on Saturday Night Live that elicited a slaughter-of-the-lamb storm of derision over the then up-and-coming star’s seemingly zoned-out amateurism. She was tarred as a poseur -- part Edie Sedgwick, part Valley of the Dolls, a Never Will Be Ready for Primetime Player -- but it turned out that Del Rey was only at the end of Act One in an all-American A Star Is Born passion play of celebrity crucifixion and resurrection…. For a moment, she looks like Elvis and Priscilla, all in one. 

@@litewave  :creep:

So according to the Billboard interview, Lana had a love affair before Francesco. Does that mean Lana cheated on Barrie, or is this mystery guy cheater....or both? Is UV about this love affair?? "Being a mistress on the side..." Am I totally missing this??? :oprah:

EDIT

I read it again, I guess she is referring to Barrie, but the "love affair" part of the question threw me off.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It only means no tour for this album. Surely we'll get an album next year and she'll tour that one in 2017

i mean.. i think she might mean she already toured to promote hm.. endless summer tour and her next tour if she does one next year will be to promote her next album.. lol

but idk don't bookmark me on that I'm a mess

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

EERIE CONNECTION BETWEEN GWEN STEFANI’S LYRICS AND LANA DEL REY’S LOVE AFFAIRS.

When was the last time you got trashed by a love affair?

The last one -- before the boyfriend I’m with now -- was pretty bad. It wasn’t good to be in it, but it wasn’t good to be out of it, either. He was like a twin. Not a facsimile twin, but a real twin.

The song “DARK BLUE” by NO DOUBT describes Lana’s previous relationship with Barrie.

"DARK BLUE"

I'm tired from exploring you
I'm sorry you've had some scary days
I'm lucky, they had me on a leash
Exposing, sometimes you frighten me

And it's too bad you're so sad
I wish you could have had what I had

I'm loathing most of your history
Hesitation, but then you siphon me
Your potential, well I'll indulge in that
Violent timing explains the aftermath

And it's so sad it's too bad

Maybe I can make you feel better
Oh maybe I'm supposed to make you feel better

I want to comfort you

Unlike you I had it easy 
You're dark blue Stained from previous days

And you're so sad

It's too bad

Maybe I can make you feel better

I'm sorry

So maybe finding the same person doesn’t work. Are relationships hard for you?

For someone like me -- and it’s not a codependent thing -- I just like having someone there. I’ve been alone, and that’s fine. But I like to come home and have someone there. You know, to say, “Oh, he’s here. And this other thing (Mimes a table.) is there. And this (Mimes setting down an object on the table.) is there. (Laughs.) I’m very methodical. I have to be. I’m like that in the studio too. Mixing and mastering can take four more months after we’re done -- three to mix and one to master. I like having a plan. Though I do leave spaces for ad-libbing in the studio when I write.

The song “HOME NOW” by NO DOUBT describes Lana’s current relationship with Francesco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-fiq7JeOM

"HOME NOW"

I'm hanging out with me
And you're a vacant chair
A chosen compromise

This space we rarely share

And if you lived here you'd be home now

So what you givin' up for me?
And what shall I give up for you?
Aimless expectations passing by

If you lived here you'd be home now
If you lived here you'd be home now

And to make it real
I need to have you here
I need to have you
I need to hold you

Barren wasted heart

Neglect of normalcy

And if you lived here you'd be home now
Oh if you lived here you'd be home now

And to make it real
I need to have you here
I need to have you
It can't be sincere
Unless you spend time here
I need to see you...

Supervision is what I need
Some consistence, tangibility
Some casual light days

Part of the furniture
I want to take you for granted
And see you regular

So what you givin' up for me?
And what shall I give up for you?
The separations tired, it's been too long

And to make it real
I need to have you here
I need to have you
It can't be sincere
Unless you spend time here
I need to see you
I need you...

Come home now

i think Francesco and Lana are a great couple, mostly because Lana seems like she's in such a great state of mind now, and i've kind of assumed a lot of that has to do with her relationship with him. In saying that, I don't think Francesco is a good guy. I thinks she's head-over-heels in love with him, and likes how things are between them and how they can both go about their jobs and whatnot, and I'm sure he has an attraction to her also, but it seems a little bit one-sided. You know?
I mean, it's difficult to talk about Francesco when I know so little, but wasn't there someone posting here a while back about direct messaging him a risqué picture on instagram and him following the girl who sent it? and there's these other scandals about him going on in the past few months that make me really doubt him a lot. I need to be sure he's good for Lanz :-(

i think Francesco and Lana are a great couple, mostly because Lana seems like she's in such a great state of mind now, and i've kind of assumed a lot of that has to do with her relationship with him. In saying that, I don't think Francesco is a good guy. I thinks she's head-over-heels in love with him, and likes how things are between them and how they can both go about their jobs and whatnot, and I'm sure he has an attraction to her also, but it seems a little bit one-sided. You know?

I mean, it's difficult to talk about Francesco when I know so little, but wasn't there someone posting here a while back about direct messaging him a risqué picture on instagram and him following the girl who sent it? and there's these other scandals about him going on in the past few months that make me really doubt him a lot. I need to be sure he's good for Lanz :-(

I think it's the opposite - he loves her but she couldn't give a damn...but yeah she does seem better. and gross about the picture - really?

My favorite part was when the interviewer was like should I write all this? Won't it piss off Francesco? part and she's so flippant with her response. I think she likes Francesco and his aggressiveness to a point but she still likes to exert a certain sense of control, evident from how she talks about their relationship in this interview

Nothing scares me anymore.

[ Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

EERIE CONNECTION BETWEEN GWEN STEFANI’S LYRICS AND LANA DEL REY’S LOVE AFFAIRS. See full post above ^ ]

OK so I think this is the first time ever Gwen Stefani has mentioned Lana's name amirite?? I had written about the eerie connection between Gwen's lyrics with Lana's affairs on Oct 23rd as you can see above.

Now Gwen is working with Rick Nowels and he told her that Lana gets a song done in 10 minutes tops...What are the odds that right after I discover the connection between Gwen and Lana this article comes out!! It's fucking crazy !!! #MyPredictions

\\ Stefani also talked about working with Lana Del Rey collaborator Rick Nowels on new music. "Everyone knows my life is in crazy turmoil, and I went in to write a song with this guy Rick Nowels … a real songwriter songwriter," she said. "I walked in the room and he's like 'Okay, you're gonna sit right here in the middle of this room and there's an engineer you don't know and you don't know me and let's go. And by the way, when Lana Del Rey comes in here, she just whips them out in 10 minutes' … I was like 'Okay, I've done this before.' We did write a song that day, and it was the first taste of what I need to do right now." \\

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gwen-stefani-i-have-enough-for-probably-two-albums-20151102#ixzz3qQLQ3IMe

Thank you for putting this up! That’s a great interview with some juicy info.

I’d like to comment on two / three things from an European woman point of view haha

Do you mind if I write all this? Because I don’t want to piss off Francesco.

Oh, he’s going to read this! But he’ll have things to say anyway. He’s very ... aggressive. (Smiles.) And besides, I didn’t say he wasn’t just like me.

I thought the right word here  would be “assertive”,  I’d say Francesco being an Italian would fit with a man with strong opinions said in a eloquent way , no-bullshit attitude & not afraid of being squeamish or fussy when saying them  , but at the same time being respectful of others opinions, I wouldn’t read this comment as a man being judgemental in a negative way.

I'd guess they have lot of fights back at home haha

Do you think having a child would chill you out? Do you want to have kids?

I’ve thought about it. Really thought about it lately because I’ve just turned 30. I’d love having daughters. But I don’t think it’d be a good idea to have kids with someone who wasn’t ... on the same page.

Someone who...

Who isn’t exactly -- like me! (Laughs.) Though maybe it’s best to have kids with someone who’s ... normal.

Well, that reads to me quite clearly as Francesco’s refusal to have children with Lana right now. He doesn’t see Lana as a mother now, though it's only my opinion of course.  but if it's true it had to be a hard thing to say for her ,  as a woman that your boyfriend doesn’t want to have a child with you It had to hurt even if it’s only for the time being, it is not a good thing to say for anyone!

Do you want to be in the movies?

Well... I’m open to it all. James Franco asked me to be in three films that were going to be directed by a Spanish director, and I was hesitant. I think he heard my hesitance and got scared. (…)

That’s the most interesting info !! I haven’t heard anything, but given that she’s being very vague it's hard to say, I doubt it could be with Almodovar though. Maybe with  some director who already has a record for working in America or with American actresses?

With so little info is hard to say but it will be fun researching for this, “three films that were going to be directed by a Spanish director ummmhh

I don't know if there's already a thread but we should be making a new one, devoted only to speculation on Lana being offered parts / roles as an actress.

Checked out
The period of time after you have given notice of resignation from a job before you actually leave. When you don't care about the work you are doing anymore or the general welfare of the business or the staff.

This can also be apply to someone who doesn't care about their job anymore and is about to quit.

So, she being half-checked out means she wants to retire again, and so she warned on on october and yet, we have all been here, till this day, waiting for her to do something, for nothing?

And yet, the 45 minute long video idea turned in to re used material for what's supossed to be the original UV video? and isntead of a 40 minute video we got a 10 minute one? :pft:

I feel like checking out too, school's been a pain and I've only been there for like 2 months, I really need to check out this Lana Del Rey addiction, I should do like Lana, being in a place just a month after an album's released and then vanish till the next one is announced, but with a few appereances here and there, so people don't forget about me

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif