Pocket Gay

Mariah Carey

Let's talk about the queen of shade herself, Mariah Carey.

34zceq8.png

Mariah Carey (born March 27, 1970 in Huntington, New York, United States) is a pop and R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, model and entrepreneur. She made her recording debut in 1990 under the guidance of Columbia Records executive Tommy Mottola, and became the first recording artist to have her first five singles top the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. Following her marriage to Mottola in 1993, a series of hit records established her position as Columbia’s highest-selling act. According to Billboard magazine, she was the most successful artist of the 1990s in the United States.

Some of her flawless hits

MARIAH. MIGUEL. #BEAUTIFUL. 5.06.13
Mariah Carey's new single featuring Miguel, #BEAUTIFUL, available worldwide 5.06.13.

Yes, so excited for new Mariah music! :woot:

You can be my Tommy Mottola and I can be Mariah, tiger

Scream a little higher

Lana needs to change Mariah to Thalia tho

REAL QUEEN, THE VOICE OF OUR GENERATION

Almost Home is the best soundtrack ever, her voice, her looks, her errthing I just love her.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Lana needs to change Mariah to Thalia tho

REAL QUEEN, ONE OF THE VOICES OF OUR GENERATION. THE OTHER VOICE IS ADELE's.

Almost Home is the best soundtrack ever, her voice, her looks, her errthing I just love her.

little correction :P

glgcDdT.gif

You can be my Tommy Mottola and I can be Mariah, tiger

Scream a little higher

That line is sorta fitting since Tommy admitted to being really controlling and emotionally abusive to Mariah. Not to mention Mariah was basically a teenager when they met

hit me my darlin tonight

Anyway I loved Glitter  :legend: 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I love you and all but you are Delusional as fuck

tumblr_ml9gxp40y91qlgr6qo2_250.gif

Thanks Baby! :thankyou:

Remember that 21 was just her second album and Adele is 24. Let's see if in a couple years your opinion will change.

glgcDdT.gif

Mariah Carey (born March 27, 1970) is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, and philanthropist. Under the guidance of Columbia Records executive Tommy Mottola, Carey released her self-titled debut studio album Mariah Carey in 1990; it went multi-platinum and spawned four consecutive number one singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. Following her marriage to Mottola in 1993 and success with hit records Emotions (1991), Music Box (1993), and Merry Christmas (1994), Carey was established as Columbia's highest-selling act. Daydream (1995) made music history when its second single "One Sweet Day", a duet with Boyz II Men, spent a record sixteen weeks on top of the Billboard Hot 100, and remains the longest-running number-one song in U.S. chart history. During the recording of the album, Carey began to deviate from her R&B and pop beginnings and slowly traversed into hip hop. This musical change became evident with the release of Butterfly (1997), at which time Carey had separated from Mottola.

In a career spanning over two decades, Carey has sold more than 270 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time. In 1998, she was honored as the world's best-selling recording artist of the 1990s at the World Music Awards. Carey was also named the best-selling female artist of the millennium in 2000. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, she is the third best-selling female artist in the United States, with 63.5 million certified albums.

Referred to as the "songbird supreme" by the Guinness World Records, she is famed for her five-octave vocal range, power, melismatic style and signature use of the whistle register.

Some of her 18 #1's:

Mariah Carey Is Amazing !

She doesn't get half the credit she deserves for her lyrics (I'm not talking about Touch My Body lyrics but real poetry like The Roof, or .. Well .. Pretty much everything she wrote)

The lyrics to Fourth of July & Underneath the Stars alone are better than any lyrics I've ever heard (including Lana :hooker:)

No one writes lyrics like MC. The level of English :oprah:

Acquiescent, Compulsively, Despondency, Destitution,Enmity, Inherently, Painstakingly, Woeful... 

The list goes on... 

I'm always amazed at this "Heartbreaker" verse : 

"It's a shame to be

So euphoric and weak
When you smile at me
And you tell me things
That you know persuade me
To relinquish my love to you
But I cannot resist
At all"

It all makes sense, rhymes and it's damn well constructed on a complex melody. 

It's a shame that people believe she's a bitch when she actually plays with that diva image people have given her over the years. 

She : 

- writes her own lyrics

- produces her own records

- arranges everything when it's a cover

- has an amazing voice with tons of different textures (agility, power, softness, she's got it all)

- can play the piano

I mean, to me she's the true definition of an artist.

Edit : Rant over  :teehee:

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg