Sign in to follow this  
Macintosh Manhattan

Barrie-James O'Neill Says Lana Broke Up With Him Via Interview

Lana Del Rey's ex-boyfriend has claimed that the singer failed to inform him of their split last year, saying that he instead learned that they had broken up via an interview.

Barrie-James O'Neill, formerly of the band Kassidy, has told The Scottish Sun that the first he heard of the news was a text from his cousin which said: "Sorry that you and the missus have broken up."

"I was like 'That's news to me – where did you hear that?' And it was on this website. I'm thinking it's a load of shit and gossip. But it wasn't. That's how I found out.

"It all happened when I went to London, as she was staying for a few days," O'Neill added. "But she couldn't stay as she had to do a big interview in America for her new album which was coming out. I was just chilling out in the hotel and out the blue, I got a message."

"She couldn't say it to my face but there's no bad blood between us," he continued.

"Looking back, it was probably wasn't easy living with me – I'm an insomniac and I have depression. I understand why she did it."

"I had saved up a bit but I felt like a burden on Lana – as she was having to take care of me. And I don't like that, I like to provide for myself. How I felt about the whole thing was, as her partner, I had to protect her.

"When you go out with someone who has a bit of a profile, it's hard to not let things affect you. She'd phone me upset about something that had been written about her – that happened a lot in the beginning. It's a big difference comforting your girlfriend about her friend upsetting her, compared to the New York Times doing it.

"It was weird. Most of the time, I was saying, 'What the fuck am I doing here?' But I tried to I think about being a protective boyfriend and making sure she got on stage every night."

O'Neill is preparing his debut solo album 'Cold Coffee' for release. 

Meanwhile, Lana Del Rey is again working with songwriter Justin Parker, who co-wrote her early hits 'Video Games', 'Born To Die' and 'National Anthem'.

Parker – who has writing and production credits on Rihanna's 'Stay' and Bat For Lashes' 'Laura' – last worked with the singer in 2012 for her 'Paradise' EP.

Having released two albums since their last collaboration (2014's 'Ultraviolence' and this year's 'Honeymoon'), Del Rey was recently pictured in the studio with Parker again.

It is not yet known whether the pair worked on new music or if a possible collaboration will lead to any release.

http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/89923

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

This is so sad.. It is quite relieving to know the full story now. Hope Barrie is a bit more comfortable with his life.. He didn't deserve to feel so bad about being a burden to Lana. I don't blame anybody in this relationship. They just chose the wise way!

This is so Lana. Ends her relationships just like she aborts her album campaigns. Too scared to say it to our face so she just leaves us dazed and confused, with a sore scalp from all the weave tugging.

tumblr_no7o6tNBMp1r7jej4o1_250.gif

This is so Lana. Ends her relationships just like she aborts her album campaigns. Too scared to say it to our face so she just leaves us dazed and confused, with a sore scalp from all the weave tugging.

tumblr_no7o6tNBMp1r7jej4o1_250.gif

this relationship is alive and breathing  :creep: 

anyways, we may get the official information from Francesco when the next album's out.

i'm glad that there's no bad blood between them. it's kinda weird. maybe its because it's a long-distance relationship... so it's kinda doomed. i don't know. relationships are complicated and its hard to explain everything rationally.

giphy.gif

am I the only one who thinks it's kinda strange Lana dropped Barrie after UV and then Francesco after HM? I feel like she grows into these different moods every year or so, changes up her whole game, inspirations and likes, and drops the old boyfriends for new exciting ones. Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking Lana should date someone as complex as her so when she morphs again, he can morph by her side. or maybe she just a playa :creep:

People not taking no for an answer, then lingering in hopes of reunion sometimes borders on stalking

The only way to cut it off is to cut it off.

It's not like one is married and has kids and has to see each other every day.

Seems like she kept with him above and beyond her duty to.

She being such a good person she seems to be taken advantage of far too often. No means no means no means no.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

People not taking no for an answer, then lingering in hopes of reunion sometimes borders on stalking

She being such a good person she seems to be taken advantage of far too often. No means no means no means no.

no offense but what are you taking about

you have no idea what happened in their relationship, what is all this "not taking no for an answer" talk

i wish she could confirm or deny this story. i would like to believe it's like bb91 said and a colossal misunderstanding. i would be so devastated if my lover of several years just drifted away and then i hear we're broken up in the media. totally makes that video clip make more sense where he is at the airport in total denial

The prospect of Lana doing something wrong is really incomprehensible to you, huh?

This is really sad. It's so complex because on one hand we don't know what happened and we'r not entitled to know and on the other she says she have this disorder and he has this depression so maybe it's not completely her fault, or maybe it is, I'm not trying to justify, if she did and it wasn't an expression of whatever illness then it's really not nice to say the least, especially with what she said about them being like twins or something like that, it must have really hurt. I really like Barrie. I hope he goes better and better.

ZKcaooE.png