Sign in to follow this  
renaissance

Honeymoon Released on Cassette

alternative cover? lol why? so the 10 people who buy it have something different?

Putting it with new packaging as incentive to buy. Happens all the time with special editions and alternative releases. Not as funny or strange as you seem to think

I don't see why people are getting so up in arms about this. I don't think many people are going to be getting it for the ~amazing~ sound quality or to be a hipster, but because it's cute and I would consider it a collectible novelty. Say what you want about cassettes, but they really are rare and it's cool when your fave's album is one of the few in production.

Putting it with new packaging as incentive to buy. Happens all the time with special editions and alternative releases. Not as funny or strange as you seem to think

yeah for alternative sales that will actually generate the money. a dead technology with a tiny following is hardly worth designing new covers for.

Why are cassettes suddenly a thing again? Vinyl, I get. But this...?

It's fun to collect, I have 2 currently and even though I don't play them often they're still creative (esp since I have the MP3s).

no lol

and people who buy them and actually use them are pretentious idiots. sorry but i just can't. that sound quality is horrific so i can only assume people who use them are trying to create some sort of new hipster level of stupidity.

Hardly, not many people have them but it's not like they were being remade. It's not like she's selling floppy disks for HM videos.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

It's fun to collect, I have 2 currently and even though I don't play them often they're still creative (esp since I have the MP3s).

Hardly, not many people have them but it's not like they were being remade. It's not like she's selling floppy disks for HM videos.

honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if laser disc videos made a comeback...they're basically huge cd's though that are double sided

Demos_copy.png

:creep:

(sounds intriguing but floppy disks don't have that much storage for video files. not even for a 144p vid)

giphy.gif

tried to buy them in 2 different stores yesterday, both sold out. Gonna order it from them online.

Remember, every sale counts and keeps Honeymoon on the charts (as the Billboard 200 tallies all formats into one).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I still think it's strange to release Honeymoon on cassette. I know some of you said you have older cars that have cassette players, but you do know you can go to Walmart and get a cd player for $40 & get it put into your car.... lol I just don't understand the purpose in buying the same thing like 5 times in different formats

I still think it's strange to release Honeymoon on cassette. I know some of you said you have older cars that have cassette players, but you do know you can go to Walmart and get a cd player for $40 & get it put into your car.... lol I just don't understand the purpose in buying the same thing like 5 times in different formats

It's not like it was released on cassette for people with cars from the 90's though, it was done as a collectors item, which is why people buy them in different formats. I personally bought it five separate times and I don't use a single one of them to actually listen to the album.

same tbh anything lana ever releases i want, even the disgusting HM box set

sometimes I do that for albums I don't even like that have cool releases. Like Marina's Froot boxset. For the most part, I dislike Froot but the scented 7" boxset is just so cool that I nearly bought it before I heard the album :rip:

MkWI4Ns.png

sometimes I do that for albums I don't even like that have cool releases. Like Marina's Froot boxset. For the most part, I dislike Froot but the scented 7" boxset is just so cool that I nearly bought it before I heard the album :rip:

omg same i pre ordered the cd, white vinyl (which is TERRIBLE quality and i had to get two replacements before getting a mediocre one), and box set all before i'd even heard the album which i didn't love 

#TrueFans #ActuallyGreatMarketingStrategy 

FzytWEW.png