Sign in to follow this  
Wild One

NME Awards "Best International Solo Artist" nomination

why did they choose that ugly ass pic? It's like they want her to lose... I mean, look at Grimes pic... I know Art Angels is NME's album of the year but couldn't just put a more beautiful pic of Lana? it just takes like 5 minutes... 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

why did they choose that ugly ass pic? It's like they want her to lose... I mean, look at Grimes pic... I know Art Angels is NME's album of the year but couldn't just put a more beautiful pic of Lana? it just takes like 5 minutes... 

I think it's a great pic.

I agree. But l I feel like neither Lana nor her team got to pick the image, and I feel as if whoever picked it doesn't want her to win, so they selected one of the most random images of her, with an unflattering angle (looking down generally symbolises weakness), and a strange action (hands in mouth looks awkward to me).

I agree. But l I feel like neither Lana nor her team got to pick the image, and I feel as if whoever picked it doesn't want her to win, so they selected one of the most random images of her, with an unflattering angle (looking down generally symbolises weakness), and a strange action (hands in mouth looks awkward to me).

Let's be honest. The pic in the OP looks 100 times better, and Lana is not even centered!!

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I think the imputed psychologies reflected in all the nomination pictures are interesting and possibly manipulative, but I really don't know what the chooser of the pictures intends (wrt to helping or hurting the artist). Taylor looks distant (literally) and reserved and possibly cold (lol). So Lana, by comparison looks kooky, intimate, and maybe a little dangerous, which is well within her range of persona appearance (even as LDR). So I think it could help her. Grimes looks exotic but gimmicky (also pretty distant). Courtney Barnett (whom I'm least familiar, but I think Grimes has stanned for her) looks like she's trying to portray an authoritative performer (e.g., I can wail and play the axe). She strikes me as a female Lou Reed in singing style (based on two videos I saw). Kanye looks like Yeezus ascending to wherever Yeezuses go, and Kendrick looks like a generic rapper with hands-on-crotch Michael affectations. In short, I don't think LDR comes off looking the worst, but then again how could she ever?