fork2

MBTI Types as LDR Songs

Hey!

So, if you don't know your MBTI type, you can take the test online by Googling "MBTI test" (I would link it here but it wouldn't paste here for whatever reason).

What songs do you think represent the type(s)?

ISTP: Pawn Shop Blues
ESFP: This Is What Makes Us Girls
ENFJ: Carmen
ISFJ: Without You
ESTP: Off To The Races
ENTJ: Money Power Glory
ISFP: Salvatore

I didn't use all 16 types for this...just the ones that sprung to mind

(I'm an ISTP, for reference)

I think that this was a brilliant, creative idea for a thread and I would love to contribute, but honestly, I'm struggling to link the songs to the types. I think the individual songs don't reveal enough to link to each of the functions. Introverted/Extroverted tends to be easy. Intuitive/Sensing is also not too difficult, as you can focus on whether the lyrics are straightforward or hint at something much deeper. For example, a song like "Brite Lites", in my opinion, would definitely be a Sensing type, it's not very intuitive, it's there to simply paint an image of a broken young girl and her desire for fame. The lyrics are repetitive and too straightforward. T/F is easy to distinguish for some songs, but difficult on others. And J/P is nearly impossible to deduce from songs alone.

I'm that as well, like I switch between infp and intp

Honeymoon has got to be INFP

Maybe Pawnshop blues is INTP cause she chooses her head over her heart

INFP-T means INFP turbulent personality I believe! INFP-A is assertive personality wise! I've gotten INFJ like twice, but INFP the other 12 times haha :)

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

I'm that as well, like I switch between infp and intp

Honeymoon has got to be INFP

Maybe Pawnshop blues is INTP cause she chooses her head over her heart

i put honeymoon as ISFP because of how you can tell she cares, but the idea of wanting to cruise to the blues and venture out is very spontaneous

Lolita seems ENFP to me.  Carefree,  goes with the feeling of the moment,  etc. Probably a lot of her songs are ENFP really

Diet Mountain Dew?  Brooklyn Baby?  Doesn't wanna be judged so obviously a P not J

This i can agree on. Another song that really feels like this is Afraid.

As an ENFP myself, I'd also have to agree with @ -- Lolita and Brooklyn Baby are songs that resonate with me, besides.

It's really difficult to pick out just a few songs to represent this type, when it feels like most of her songs entertain at least a longing for the ideals that ENFPs uphold...

rihKQ8M.gif

Just some quick thoughts, aome probably could be more accurate but these are just my initial impression

Born to die - ISFJ

Freak - _NFP

13 Beaches - INFP as FUCK

Summer Bummer - ESTJ

Heroin - ISFJ

Is This Happiness - IF

West Coast - ENFJ

Ultraviolence - ISFP

Ride - INFP or ISFP

National Anthem - ESTJ

Cola - ENFJ

I think that this was a brilliant, creative idea for a thread and I would love to contribute, but honestly, I'm struggling to link the songs to the types. I think the individual songs don't reveal enough to link to each of the functions. Introverted/Extroverted tends to be easy. Intuitive/Sensing is also not too difficult, as you can focus on whether the lyrics are straightforward or hint at something much deeper. For example, a song like "Brite Lites", in my opinion, would definitely be a Sensing type, it's not very intuitive, it's there to simply paint an image of a broken young girl and her desire for fame. The lyrics are repetitive and too straightforward. T/F is easy to distinguish for some songs, but difficult on others. And J/P is nearly impossible to deduce from songs alone.

Yeah I see this too.

A lot of her more upbeat songs that are less to do with sad deep feelings and more outgoing lyrics are Extrovert whereas the more indrawn lyrics are Introvert.

, then the ones where she is 'unknowing' and being 'swayed' by situations are Perceiving, whereas the ones where she has her stance more prominent is Judging

songs that are spontaneous obviously Intuitive, whereas when they are a bit more predictable it is Sensing.

Most of her songs obviously are Feeling over Thinking, but a few ARE thinking like Smarty, Pawn Shop Blues, perhaps a lot from AKA and her unreleased songs??

Really interesting post. Atm at the top of my head

ESFP - Fucked My Way Up To The Top
ESTP - Cola
ESTJ - Lolita
ESFJ - Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind
ENTP - West Coast

ENFJ - Love
ENFP - Lust For Life

ENTJ - Money Power Glory

INFJ - Get Free
INTJ - Shades of Cool

INTP - High By The Beach