Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Lana Makes Billboard Year-End Lists

I was a happy person until I read this.  :toofunny:

she's coming tho :creep: aus and SA are the only places where she still goes strong

she's coming tho :creep: aus and SA are the only places where she still goes strong

she is not going strong in Australia. Just because HM went No.1 it does not make her big there. It just means, that her most devoted fans bought the record in the first week. It hasn't went Gold which is 35k in Australia.

And touring and selling in SA is tough. Most scream: YAAAAAAAAAAS, come to Brazil to every celebrity, but when they show up, the alleged "fans" are hardly there, because surprise, you actually have to pay for tickets instead of streaming for free on YT  :hooker:

she is not going strong in Australia. Just because HM went No.1 it does not make her big there. It just means, that her most devoted fans bought the record in the first week. It hasn't went Gold which is 35k in Australia.

And touring and selling in SA is tough. Most scream: YAAAAAAAAAAS, come to Brazil to every celebrity, but when they show up, the alleged "fans" are hardly there, because surprise, you actually have to pay for tickets instead of streaming for free on YT  :hooker:

Well, I don't know about Brazil, but Argentina almost never fails when it comes to sold out shows. It all depends on the venue. Lana could easily sing at Luna Park (9k), Tecnópolis again (5k) and if we're lucky, the new Direct TV Arena (13k).

Edit: I want to add that concert tickets in Brazil are horribly expensive. A 70 dollar ticket in Argentina is about 200~ dollars.

Well, I don't know about Brazil, but Argentina almost never fails when it comes to sold out shows. It all depends on the venue. Lana could easily sing at Luna Park (9k), Tecnópolis again (5k) and if we're lucky, the new Direct TV Arena (13k).

Touring through SA is also quite expensive. Transportation is mostly done with a plane, not with a tour bus and this rakes up the costs. So when you can do like 2-3 shows in Brazil, 1 in Argentina and then maybe one in Chile it doesn't really pay off. Especially when these countries (Brazil and Argentina) have gone through several economic crisis, so it is really hard to guess if you can sell out shows and still make money off the tickets.

I still don't understand why she can't or won't fucking tour in the UK - her label's technically in the UK - if she announces another North American tour I'll unstan - it was the UK that recognised and appreciated her when the US media were ripping her apart and she's lived here before :wtf:

(ugh take me back to the good old days when lana used to be spotted in random shops in glasgow buying milk :()

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Touring through SA is also quite expensive. Transportation is mostly done with a plane, not with a tour bus and this rakes up the costs. So when you can do like 2-3 shows in Brazil, 1 in Argentina and then maybe one in Chile it doesn't really pay off. Especially when these countries (Brazil and Argentina) have gone through several economic crisis, so it is really hard to guess if you can sell out shows and still make money off the tickets.

Oh that's right, I didn't think of it... it's really expensive to tour here. Well, anyway I hope Lana comes since she said she "feels understood" here, lol.

I really hope so, too. She needs to re-connect with basically every fanbase outside of NA.

You're right. Especially Europe, SA fans are more "loyal" so if she doesn't come next year, they'll keep waiting... but her European fans are disappearing. The fact that BTD sold like 600k+ in France and HM 31k :toofunny:

I still don't understand why she can't or won't fucking tour in the UK - her label's technically in the UK - if she announces another North American tour I'll unstan - it was the UK that recognised and appreciated her when the US media were ripping her apart and she's lived here before :wtf:

(ugh take me back to the good old days when lana used to be spotted in random shops in glasgow buying milk :()

It's almost as if she's forgot about us in the UK. The last proper tour we had was in 2013. She's losing appeal here (+ Europe) fast. Hope she makes her return this year otherwise I am ready to stop stanning.

It's almost as if she's forgot about us in the UK. The last proper tour we had was in 2013. She's losing appeal here (+ Europe) fast. Hope she makes her return this year otherwise I am ready to stop stanning.

Why? Because she doesn't fulfill your selfish expectations. 

I know it can be frustrating that she doesn't do much promo and she doesn't tour much (if at all), but saying you'll unstan is just pathetic. Shouldn't the fact that she puts her everything into her music be enough for you? Gosh, she's only human at the end of the day, and she releases an amazing album every year, and that's pretty spectacular in my eyes, considering most major label artists take 2-3 years to do what she achieves in one. Yes, they promote their work more and tour more and whatnot, but most of those things are redundant in the long run anyway. Besides, new music can reach everyone, a tour only reaches a certain number of people.