Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Don't get me wrong, Dua's dance bops are gold, and I don't blame her for focusing on that type of music as that's what will get her air play, but I find myself listening to her acoustic/low key performances more often. I wish she would do an album focused on these kinds of vibes:

Her voice works so well with that relaxed, jazzy sound. Maybe as she starts to get older she'll experiment a bit more?

giphy-1.gif 

Don't get me wrong, Dua's dance bops are gold, and I don't blame her for focusing on that type of music as that's what will get her air play, but I find myself listening to her acoustic/low key performances more often. I wish she would do an album focused on these kinds of vibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnu1P0rzpmY

Her voice works so well with that relaxed, jazzy sound. Maybe as she starts to get older she'll experiment a bit more?

Agree, I also really miss the vibe of New Love, Be The One and Last Dance, idk the the instrumentation is so light but rich, the only song I've felt close to that feeling is IDGAF and I miss that feeling so much :defeated:

*Not that I don't like her new stuff tho, New Rules is still one of my favorites of the album, and I still love every single track (except No Goodbyes and Garden).

I just hope she will try a new sound or go back to some more organic instrumentation, I think that fits her way better than the electropop stuff she has done recently

8nl2OpX.png

Agree, I also really miss the vibe of New Love, Be The One and Last Dance, idk the the instrumentation is so light but rich, the only song I've felt close to that feeling is IDGAF and I miss that feeling so much :defeated:

omg new love and last dance are the GOLDEN ERA of her career. i don't make the rules unfortunately AND i don't fucking care how famous new rules and idgaf made her

when she released that be the one ep she snappped it was so current new and fresh yet timeless and had that retro feel

is that talk abt the collabs true or rumours/wishful concepts?

i76mrxw.png 

So, I haven’t really gotten into dua Lipa but u have to admit that new rules is catchy. But a little bit too like generic for me. What songs would some of you recommend for someone who’s just getting into her outside of new rules and her other most recent singles?

YoungKindheartedCapybara-max-1mb.gif

So, I haven’t really gotten into dua Lipa but u have to admit that new rules is catchy. But a little bit too like generic for me. What songs would some of you recommend for someone who’s just getting into her outside of new rules and her other most recent singles?

listen to: new love, be the one, garden, no goodbyes, begging

and try some of her unreleased songs maybe, like want to and running 

i'm so happy one kiss replaced dua's "new rules" image

my sister was saying "ew that dula peep girl is so cheesy ugh but one kiss is good" and i was like NO BITCH and i played her the rest of the record and she LOVED it

her label needs to stop pushing the dumb songs as the singles. new rules was good until it became SO overplayed. idgaf was always just.. okay

we need GARDEN as the single or ROOM FOR 2 or umm DREAMS

anyways when will she officially release genesis acoustic and good times jamie xx cover 

my sister was saying "ew that dula peep girl is so cheesy ugh but one kiss is good" and i was like NO BITCH and i played her the rest of the record and she LOVED it
her label needs to stop pushing the dumb songs as the singles. new rules was good until it became SO overplayed. idgaf was always just.. okay

anyways when will she officially release genesis acoustic and good times jamie xx cover 

GN7uLVD.gif

Joking, but New Rules and IDGAF are not dumb songs nor dumb single choices, they are the highlights from all the new tracks imho.

DL1 is over, she's not alive and breathing, I don't think she will release more singles from this album, and god I hope so, this era needs to die.  :teehee:

I'm honestly super happy with all the single choices, she should have kept all the promotional singles tho.

8nl2OpX.png

GN7uLVD.gif

Joking, but New Rules and IDGAF are not dumb songs nor dumb single choices, they are the highlights from all the new tracks imho.

DL1 is over, she's not alive and breathing, I don't think she will release more singles from this album, and god I hope so, this era needs to die.  :teehee:

I'm honestly super happy with all the single choices, she should have kept all the promotional singles tho.

agree sis

Dreams as a single? LOL sis that is the worst song of her entire discography and would not appeal to the GP at all. All the single choices were great. The only song I think that was robbed was Bad Together.That could’ve been a hit

Dreams as a single? LOL sis that is the worst song of her entire discography and would not appeal to the GP at all. All the single choices were great. The only song I think that was robbed was Bad Together.That could’ve been a hit

For Julian says hi  :hooker:  I agree about Bad Together tho

8nl2OpX.png

omg bad together is that song! thank u for making the rules

went to see her on tuesday and she has so much stage presence and really knows how to get the audience going ...i was surprised cause her tv performances look so bad and dull

agreed. saw her live on friday and it was incredible, so much energy and she sounded gorgeous. kinda bummed she didnt do last dance and bad together which are my favorite songs by her but oh well i still very much enjoyed her set