Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Okay I know this may not be 100 % on topic, but...

I made a playlist with the Stuart Price tracks from Future Nostalgia (Cool, Levitating, Hallucinate, Love Again), as well as his work with Kylie Minogue (Closer, Illusion, Cupid Boy, Can't Beat The Feeling I skipped Looking For An Angel ddd) and some of the songs from Madonna's Confessions album that he produced (Hung Up, Get Together, Sorry, Let It Will Be, Forbidden Love, Jump, Isaac) and put it on shuffle, and honestly, if gay heaven exists, that's what it sounds like.

tenor.gif

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

what was she thinking closing the album with bwbb? it sounds like it should be an opener to a completely different era

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what was she thinking closing the album with bwbb? it sounds like it should be an opener to a completely different era

"Alright, we've been out dancing and having fun for the last ten tracks, now I have to get home safely, so let's end it on a serious(-ish) note."

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think that was the point. The album is mostly (tracks 1-9) 80s exercise music (done perfectly), and then she jumps ahead to early 2000s vibes with Good in Bed, just to transition us into her final 2020 statement.

I think that was the point. The album is mostly (tracks 1-9) 80s exercise music (done perfectly), and then she jumps ahead to early 2000s vibes with Good in Bed, just to transition us into her final 2020 statement.

I can see what she was going for but the idea just didnt land well. It just comes across as messy and kills the mood and overall theme of the album

she could've still ended it on a serious note with a current 2020 vibe and still manage to keep the cohesivness of the other tracks along with it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I can see what she was going for but the idea just didnt land well. It just comes across as messy and kills the mood and overall theme of the album

I don't know, I actually think the message of Boys Will Be Boys is one of the main reasons why the album didn't only get very positive, but outstandingly positive reviews. I sure am glad Dua put it on Future Nostalgia, and I don't think it sounds out of place at all.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif