Sign in to follow this  
theeternalstars

Lana Del Rey nominated for International Solo Female Artist at the BRIT Awards 2016

In the category of International Female, BRITs regulars Björk and Lana Del Rey take on Ariana Grande, Courtney Barnett and Meghan Trainor, three artists who have never previously been nominated.

The last 12 months have been defining for Meghan Trainor. She scored two UK No. 1 singles and a UK No. 1 for her debut album, ‘Title’, and has now been rewarded with a BRITs nomination.

A true BRITs veteran, Björk has nine BRIT Award nominations and four wins under her belt. Despite International Female nominations in 2002, 2006, 2008 and 2012, Bjork last took home the trophy in 1998.

Another experienced BRIT Award nominee is Lana Del Rey. This is her fourth nomination and she has won twice before. In 2012 she won International Breakthrough Act, and won International Female the following year. In 2015 she lost out to Taylor Swift - will she reclaim her crown come 24 February?

Neither Ariana Grande or Courtney Barnett have been nominated for a BRIT before. Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist Courtney Barnett is a relative newcomer, having released her debut album in March 2015 to widespread acclaim. Chart favourite Ariana Grande has previously collaborated with fellow BRITs 2016 nominees Jessie J and The Weeknd and has two albums that have charted in the UK Top 5.

The BRIT Awards 2016 take place at London’s O2 Arena on 24 February and will be broadcast live on ITV at 8pm GMT.

Source: http://www.brits.co.uk/news/international-female-nominations-2016

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Cool.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I've always preferred the BRITS over the Grammys because it seems that a lot of interesting artists are nominated each year (alongside the big pop powerhouses) like Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty, and Bjork this year.

That being said, Ariana Grande or Meghan Trainor better not win.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I think she has a good chance this year, but maybe that's just because I have discounted Ariana and Meghan as joke nominations  :hooker:  

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

she literally went from hollywood glamout to girl's scout leader within a year

07.jpg?ts=20151118074423Lana+Del+Rey+Brit+Awards+2013+Press+Room

For some reasons this makes me laugh so hard, it's such a good summary of Lana lmfao. Look at her face she's so satisfied of her look :rip: More seriously I really hope she wins, considering the smiling selfie she posted just after and the tweet + insta pic that Rob posted, I think it really means a lot to her. She deserves it so much but we all can agree on that

ZKcaooE.png

will adele finally have her dream of meeting lana come to life? will we see a pic of the two of them hugging???? will i die???

ALL THIS AND MORE ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF:

LANA DEL REY

Also known as BlueAsJeans on AltBoardsDoes-The-Body-Rule2.pngtiny.png

Ariana is kinda a flop there

Her European tour (incl. UK) was sold out! She played arenas, dear! She had #1 singles and both albums were at the top 10 UK album charts. I would not call this a flop...