Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

I've spent the passed two days working on something special. Here's my edit of the video.Imagine Freak on Hyrdoponic Weed. :creep:  Or Urban Shades Of Cool.  :teehee:

Sidenote: i had to use the instrumental bc i kept getting copyright infringement. :deadbanana:  if anyone wants the original edit with vocals i can share a link

https://youtu.be/ZxYJqlUzXO8

the audio is still muted by Youtube and you should change that Directors Cut title 

the audio is still muted by Youtube and you should change that Directors Cut title 

how does everyone else get pass the copyright. ughhh.  heres a direct link https://www.wevideo.com/view/588083043

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I knew it! There's no way the whole cult thing came to her from an LSD trip, like, what kind of drugs? :teehee:

Can Lana please just confirm she wanted to do a real cult inspired video and officially recognize every scene from the Freak video was meant for the original UV video now? pls jesus

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I knew it! There's no way the whole cult thing came to her from an LSD trip, like, what kind of drugs? :teehee:

Can Lana please just confirm she wanted to do a real cult inspired video and officially recognize every scene from the Freak video was meant for the original UV video now? pls jesus

I don't know hwere you all still get the cult vibes. The only cult-esque part is the one with the girls dancing in a circle, which was not even included in the final video.

The whole video being about being high on a drug makes actually much more sense.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't know hwere you all still get the cult vibes. The only cult-esque part is the one with the girls dancing in a circle, which was not even included in the final video.

The whole video being about being high on a drug makes actually much more sense.

I'm meant that the UV video (wich became the Freak video) was meant to be about a cult. I stand by it because of the whole theory sorrounding the Freak video being for UV, if UV (the song) is about a cult leader why wouldn't the video be about a cult? I mean, Chuch's instagram pic with the caption "Sister wives" like ?? hm THAT'S CULTY, and if we add the kool-aid thing it becomes even more realistic, and Lana's guy being kinda crazy imatating that cult leader's gestures everyone says the video is about...

About the girls dancing... don't you think the water girls were supposed to be sister wives instead of allucinations because of the LSD? After all, everyone looks different with a new haircut, anyways, the video has a very managable concept (I've maked up scenes on my head to fit Freak's lyrics even more and boy, I've changed the concept like three times), I meant that the original video, being for UV (taking in mind the lyrics) was thought to be about a cult but since it didn't go anywhere it became the Freak video, she just cutted some scenes (like the girls dancing) so people wouldn't notice what it was actually about

And even if the whole video is about a bad lover who's on drugs, the whole aspect of them walking by the dessert, with those weird clothes on, singing, preaching... doesn't that look very culty to you?

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I'm meant that the UV video (wich became the Freak video) was meant to be about a cult. I stand by it because of the whole theory sorrounding the Freak video being for UV, if UV (the song) is about a cult leader why wouldn't the video be about a cult? I mean, Chuch's instagram pic with the caption "Sister wives" like ?? hm THAT'S CULTY, and if we add the kool-aid thing it becomes even more realistic, and Lana's guy being kinda crazy imatating that cult leader's gestures everyone says the video is about...

About the girls dancing... don't you think the water girls were supposed to be sister wives instead of allucinations because of the LSD? After all, everyone looks different with a new haircut, anyways, the video has a very managable concept (I've maked up scenes on my head to fit Freak's lyrics even more and boy, I've changed the concept like three times), I meant that the original video, being for UV (taking in mind the lyrics) was thought to be about a cult but since it didn't go anywhere it became the Freak video, she just cutted some scenes (like the girls dancing) so people wouldn't notice what it was actually about

And even if the whole video is about a bad lover who's on drugs, the whole aspect of them walking by the dessert, with those weird clothes on, singing, preaching... doesn't that look very culty to you?

I'm not talking about what it could be, I'm talking about what it is. And the way it is, it has NOTHING to do with a cult.

Of course, in the original the dancing girls COULD have been cult wives (especially this one scene from the HM trailer seems very cult like) but the way we have it right now, those girls are definitly supposed to be LSD hallucinations.

Being in a desert and the clothes FJM and Lana wear are not really any cult-esque, could just be redneck territory aswell.

I'm not talking about what it could be, I'm talking about what it is. And the way it is, it has NOTHING to do with a cult.

Of course, in the original the dancing girls COULD have been cult wives (especially this one scene from the HM trailer seems very cult like) but the way we have it right now, those girls are definitly supposed to be LSD hallucinations.

Being in a desert and the clothes FJM and Lana wear are not really any cult-esque, could just be redneck territory aswell.

Then we're both right (On a side note tho... What it was mean't to be vs What it is, so poetic :flutter:   )

i think it hints at cults by having lana drinking koolaid and having father john misty with girls all over him

Why can't it be up to interpretation? Problem solved.

I think you have a narrow vision of what cult people look like. They don't necessarily dress in long white robes or whatever image you have in mind. FJM impersonates Charles Manson. The crazy moves he does with his arms at 0:16 is very Charles Manson. His hair, beard, clothes as well. The desert is where him and his group lived, somewhere in California. They would use LSD. He played the guitar. He was polygamous.

She used the story of Charles Manson cult and Jim Jones cult. In the latest one, 900 members killed themselves (and their children) drinking cyanide mixed in Flavor Aid (similar to Kool Aid). I saw a documentary about it on TV a few weeks before the Freak mv came out.

Of course Lana doesn't look like the typical cult member, but there's no point. She is what she is. The goal is not to make a total replica of what happened.

I share WhiteHydrangea's interpretation. It doesn't mean yours is bad. If that suits you better, why not.

I don't agree that she has to "officially recognize" that it was meant for the UV video. She doesn't have to justify anything. That's my opinion.

I think you have a narrow vision of what cult people look like. They don't necessarily dress in long white robes or whatever image you have in mind. FJM impersonates Charles Manson. The crazy moves he does with his arms at 0:16 is very Charles Manson. His hair, beard, clothes as well. The desert is where him and his group lived, somewhere in California. They would use LSD. He played the guitar. He was polygamous.

She used the story of Charles Manson cult and Jim Jones cult. In the latest one, 900 members killed themselves (and their children) drinking cyanide mixed in Flavor Aid (similar to Kool Aid). I saw a documentary about it on TV a few weeks before the Freak mv came out.

Of course Lana doesn't look like the typical cult member, but there's no point. She is what she is. The goal is not to make a total replica of what happened.

I share WhiteHydrangea's interpretation. It doesn't mean yours is bad. If that suits you better, why not.

I don't agree that she has to "officially recognize" that it was meant for the UV video. She doesn't have to justify anything. That's my opinion.

You see, I think many people just would have NEVER had the cult leader theory if it wasn't for the fact that we knew it was originally for UV. So it's not really about interpretations but interpretating what you WANT to see. I don't even dismiss that those cult things might be in the video because I really believe UV would have been a cult-wives video and the shots from the HM trailer really seemed cult-esque. But the way we HAVE it it has nothing to do with a cult. Really, nothing. The way the cult girlies are used makes it obvious they are intended to be parts of the hallucination and the whole Freak song has nothing to do with cults. I think you should not always over-interpet stuff, because I think Freak is what it seems to be: a video about an LSD trip. FJM acts weird and that mateches the Freak aspect. Long time drug addicts often have symptoms where they seem to be "mad", so it still matches the LSD thing.

People just desperately WANT a cult leader video (I also hoped for one) and the scenes somehow match it because they were most likely MEANT for a cult-leader-video, but the way it IS right now, the way it is cut, the scenes that are used ... it really doesn't seem to be FOCUSSED on any cult-related story.

You see, I think many people just would have NEVER had the cult leader theory if it wasn't for the fact that we knew it was originally for UV. So it's not really about interpretations but interpretating what you WANT to see. I don't even dismiss that those cult things might be in the video because I really believe UV would have been a cult-wives video and the shots from the HM trailer really seemed cult-esque. But the way we HAVE it it has nothing to do with a cult. Really, nothing. The way the cult girlies are used makes it obvious they are intended to be parts of the hallucination and the whole Freak song has nothing to do with cults. I think you should not always over-interpet stuff, because I think Freak is what it seems to be: a video about an LSD trip. FJM acts weird and that mateches the Freak aspect. Long time drug addicts often have symptoms where they seem to be "mad", so it still matches the LSD thing.

People just desperately WANT a cult leader video (I also hoped for one) and the scenes somehow match it because they were most likely MEANT for a cult-leader-video, but the way it IS right now, the way it is cut, the scenes that are used ... it really doesn't seem to be FOCUSSED on any cult-related story.

I'm not opposing myself to your argument, I don't really care for the Freak mv anyway, but what about the kool aid she drinks ? (The HQ shot we have of her drinking it, to me, makes the video)

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I'm not opposing myself to your argument, I don't really care for the Freak mv anyway, but what about the kool aid she drinks ? (The HQ shot we have of her drinking it, to me, makes the video)

she's just enjoying a drink maybe?????????

image.png

she's just enjoying a drink maybe?????????

Haha yeah sure, grenadine ... I don't care to be honest, and I don't want to create any tension with this. I get that it could tell a whole other story, but maybe FJM isn't exactly right ? 

Anyway

tumblr_nftufbEcMj1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Like I said, the parts are most likely from a cult inspired video.

But I just don't think they are supposed to lead into this direction in the final product.

In the end, it's just some weird red thing she drinks and it could be another reference to addiction.