SugarVenom

Ride Headdress Controversey

Someone tweetd saying @LanaDelRey what was the reasoning behind using the n. american headdress in your video? srsly fucked up cultural appropriation. disappoint

Lana followed her, and DM'd her saying:

522328_4884878925694_771177647_n.jpg

This confirms that it's Indian Reservations, NOT Neon Reservations!

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Someone tweetd saying @LanaDelRey what was the reasoning behind using the n. american headdress in your video? srsly fucked up cultural appropriation. disappoint

I need receipts, Lana. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

This confirms that it's Indian Reservations, NOT Neon Reservations!

Um, ears and common sense confirm that it's "Indian reservations". :troll:

#CONDESCENDINGASSHOLEPOST

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Um, ears and common sense confirm that it's "Indian reservations". :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

#CONDESCENDINGASSHOLEPOST

When people say that it's neon I'm just like :oh:

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

this is basically a Queen Of The Gas Station music video if u think about it. its filmed in a gas station and indian reservation

Yes! I'd had this same thought. Great minds and all. Actually, I've thought this about a lot of her professionally produced videos-- that the treatment for the music video should go with a different song in her catalog.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yes! I'd had this same thought. Great minds and all. Actually, I've thought this about a lot of her professionally produced videos-- that the treatment for the music video should go with a different song in her catalog.

Definitely, I saw a photoset of gifs on tumblr with clips from the Ride video and lyrics of Carmen, it looked perfect. I suppose since her lyrical references seem to always have a pretty strong running theme it could work with anything.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Awesome find!

This confirms [provides further evidence] that it's Indian Reservations, NOT Neon Reservations!

Awesome reasoning! ;)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Actually, I've thought this about a lot of her professionally produced videos-- that the treatment for the music video should go with a different song in her catalog.

I'm not sure i'd like that because i often find her videos to be a little too literal. Even the homemade ones, she'll often find a clip that corresponds literally to what she's singing about in that very moment. My personal preference would be for her to lay off a little with that sort of thing, though it's not that big of a deal, just a minor complaint.

Anyway, i'm glad this surfaced, but the internet being what it is, i have to wonder if this is real or fake.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I feel like if I was fake, this person would make the message say something that would make people mad. This one is a very Lana-esque response. I don't think Lana would have slapped a headdress in the video with no personal meaning behind it. We know Lana doesn't do anything in her music or videos just cause she feels like it, there is a story behind the reasoning. Of course, the message could possibly be a fake though.

2dt29zc.jpg