Macintosh Manhattan

Lana At The Pre-Grammy Gala At The Beverly Hilton Hotel 14.02.2016

Also she could be a presenter. Still wondering about that parallel universe where Lorde and Lana Del Rey presented the Oscar for best song last year.

I don't think that will ever happen. It's not her comfort zone and, if I remember correctly, in the last 3 years she didn't do anything out of her comfort zone.

I understand her not wanting a stronger exposure in the media, but without performing strongly before the GP it's almost impossible to get a Grammy nom or to win in her categories. This time she wasn't grumpy about that she wasn't actually nominated and it's just lame talking about her being nominated for a small contribution on an other artist's record, she's much bigger and better than that as an artist. She partied, she had fun, I saw her beautiful and happy and it's ok

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

So the question of the Grammys would be-

Which of the 5 album of the year records would Lucian Grande not have supported, to have Lana's been in?
As all 5 nominees were Grande's and so was Lana, that makes 6 for 5 spots.

So one can't say its "her record company not supporting her"

We aren't privy to the record contracts of each.

I assume its a given Taylor has to be promoted the most, Kendrick and Weeknd were 2 sure- spots.

Chris Stapleton was the country one.

So it must have come down to Alabama Shakes and Lana

(Not to mention all the other companies, but we all know industry events and awards are not open awards anyhow.

Record companies and promo are told who to vote for and the votes are bundled like election campaign donations.

This happened with Big Eyes, where in the end, Harvey did not put his dollars at all into that movie, but in another.

It wasn't that Lana didn't promote it, she was at MOMA solo doing media for it, but Harvey put the $$$ in another.

(This year, at the Oscars for other people, one again sees company manipulation.)

When Young & Beautiful from Gatsby was up, one also saw the company itself did not promote that movie, they promoted

DiCaprio and others for other movies.

So mostly it has nothing to do with Lana at all.

And "once upon a dream" wasn't eligible as it was a cover of the original and in the Oscars, covers are not eligible for songs.

(they should have a separate category for that like they have for screenplays)

Lana's best shot at a grammy might have been (and this is what I did not realize) if Weeknd had releaed and heavly promo'd

Prisoner, but the company was the same, and Weeknd wasn't the one they put the money in, it was Lamar and Swift,

so Weeknd really never stood a chance.

Wish I had realized this months ago, but it didn't dawn on me to look.

Makes it even harder to get nominated when politics is involved, and different types of artists.

We don't have to worry about next year- David Bowie will win album, and record of year, and Adele will win the other awards

Lana's best chance would be as writer, a duet, a movie or short (the Daniel Johnston I believe was released after the eligibility period

this year for both Grammy and possibly Oscar

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Mark Ronson

Hopefully they're going to work together for Lana's next album :creep:

May it reach god and be so.

This is fffffucking bullshit I'm so done with ha :wtf:

Why would she go to one of the most boring events in music? She's not nominated. She's not a presenter. The parties are fun but the show itself is another story. For some reason, the mediocre singers/pop songwriter like Megan Trainor get nominated and win grammy's but Lana has never had that chance. I would be boycotting the Grammys too.

I already did!! wink_zpscve6mdpo.gif

:flutter: :flutter: :flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

CLARITY OF INNER DIALOGUE :

As the singer grows older, his conception goes a little deeper, because he lives life and he understands who he's trying to say a little more. If the singer tries to find out what's happening in life, it gives him a better insight on telling the story of the song he's trying to sing.

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Dayglo_Reflection_(song)