gloomyharlow

Lana at the British Awards February 24th 2016

Are people actually pissed she didn't win? Like, if she'd lost to Meghan Trainor or Ariana then that'd be fair enough because Lana is so much better than them, but Bjork is actually a good artist and although I don't know much of her music, I think she deserved it. I'm sure Lana really doesn't care about winning anyway. I mean, I think she already knew there wasn't much of a chance of her winning anyway, so it wouldn't have been a surprise. Maybe if her next album smashes us all out of the park then she could be on the way. I just don't think she'll ever win with albums like Honeymoon. I think she'd only win if she went in a more poppier route, even though that's not exactly what I want from her.

ephemeral vernal equinox nymphette of the night, I want Lana to rub one of those fuzzy heels up my leg. This particular aesthetic is choice.

http://www.moniquelhuillier.com/collections/tags/fashion/shoes/fall-2015/content

shoes are from the fall 2015 collection

dress is from the resort 2016 collection

I like that she mixed it, makes "her look" savage and surreal.

Ever notice at events how every single other artist wants to meet Lana (like Adele)

They want to flock to be in her air

Rarified. Like Dylan, Paul Simon, Prince how when they do something (and its very rare for them too) everyone wants to be caught next to them

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Are people actually pissed she didn't win? Like, if she'd lost to Meghan Trainor or Ariana then that'd be fair enough because Lana is so much better than them, but Bjork is actually a good artist and although I don't know much of her music, I think she deserved it. I'm sure Lana really doesn't care about winning anyway. I mean, I think she already knew there wasn't much of a chance of her winning anyway, so it wouldn't have been a surprise. Maybe if her next album smashes us all out of the park then she could be on the way. I just don't think she'll ever win with albums like Honeymoon. I think she'd only win if she went in a more poppier route, even though that's not exactly what I want from her.

I do agree with you but I just want to say that Vulnicura isn't pop music at all - it was just insanely, dramatically awesome. It was the comeback of her life. Honeymoon is like her Medúlla (my favorite Björk album), most of the time forgotten because it was too polarizing for fans or even critics. It won't be as remembered as BTD or UV.

I don't think Lana needs to be poppier to get recognition, she just needs that magic to have the fans, the critics and the GP - all of them, something she never really had all at the same time.

I do agree with you but I just want to say that Vulnicura isn't pop music at all - it was just insanely, dramatically awesome. It was the comeback of her life. Honeymoon is like her Medúlla (my favorite Björk album), most of the time forgotten because it was too polarizing for fans or even critics. It won't be as remembered as BTD or UV.

I don't think Lana needs to be poppier to get recognition, she just needs that magic to have the fans, the critics and the GP - all of them, something she never really had all at the same time.

I can't say much for your Björk/ Lana analogy as I am unfamiliar with her discography, but as far as that last sentence goes, I love the way you articulated your thoughts. I think you're right. She either appeals completely to the GP but not the critics (BTD), or the critics only and not the GP (UV, HM). I think she needs to find that middle ground where there's a bit of a balance between GP appeal/critic appeal. I think out of all of her albums, HM appealed to the GP the least. While I don't want her to go down a completely pop-driven route, I do think she needs to at least increase the tempo of her songs on the next album, or do something else that appeals to the GP just a little bit more than HM, or else I'm afraid she'll just continue selling less and less.

I listened accidentally to Adele's live performance of When We Were Young at the Brits. I respect Adele, she seems nice and she has a strong voice but I cannot believe how generic her music is in relation to the amount of hype she generated. I imagined Lana sitting there in the audience. What was she thinking? A classy beauty queen with a voice like no other in the business, who has beautiful songs, sits and listen to Adele screaming annoyingly eurovision type of songs. Maybe she was satisfied that she trolled again the fashion press...what a waste, damn that pathological stage fright of hers   

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

So did Adele snag a picture-with with the one she idolizes? I haven' seen any

ALSO- totally off thread topic-

I just found on youtube something I didn't know about-

Tori Amos in concert in 2014 did Lana's Blue Jeans and Chris Isaak's Wicked Games.

Is there one separate thread for covers of Lana songs by other stars?

(If not, there should be, one big thread would be great).

I still can't get anything to load/be embedded on this board. Never ran into this problem on other boards or comment sections.

@@Flipflopfan- I agree with your comments about Adele.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I listened accidentally to Adele's live performance of When We Were Young at the Brits. I respect Adele, she seems nice and she has a strong voice but I cannot believe how generic her music is in relation to the amount of hype she generated. I imagined Lana sitting there in the audience. What was she thinking? A classy beauty queen with a voice like no other in the business, who has beautiful songs, sits and listen to Adele screaming annoyingly eurovision type of songs. Maybe she was satisfied that she trolled again the fashion press...what a waste, damn that pathological stage fright of hers   

I disagree with these comments about Adele, I'm not really a fan myself but there are some gorgeous songs on 25. All I Ask, is an incredible song! Her music is commerical yes, but it's definitely not Eurovision types of songs. Just because Adele belts too doesn't make it screaming, she's a great live singer. I much prefer Lana, but you don't need to put another singer down to compliment another. 

qsVmBMd.png

When We Were Young is one of her worst songs/lyrics though

When We Were Young is one of her worst songs/lyrics though

I like it but each to their own. Still my point still stands, there's no need to put down another artist just to compliment another, even if it is Lana. We all know Lana is great already. 

qsVmBMd.png