gloomyharlow

Lana at a recent Bruce Springsteen concert!

Lana should do a Lana style on Springsteen's "Bobby Jean"

and do a duet of Born To Run/ Born to Die

Bruce should do "American"

although we know Bruce is just dying to sing "My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola"

(btw- for those that never knew about it, Bruce did a killer live version down under of Lorde's Royals, (seriously he did it serious, not camp) making it his song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think that she's just happy to finally doing things her own way.

During the UV era, she had to fight to release the music, the videos and so on.

But with Honeymoon, I feel like her label just decided to let her do her thing. She was finally allowed to release the footage from the original UV video, she made an album with one of her best friends, it was a really personal record, and there wasn't as much commercial pressure since no one was expecting another Born to Die (well, most people anyway :creep:) since people knew that since UV she had different things planned.

And after all, it was still a really successful campaign and beautiful album. It didn't sell as much as Born to Die, that's for sure, but I don't think that really bothers Lana. She just wants to be able to make a living doing something she loves and making her life into a work of art, and she's doing just that. Plus, the critics loved it and she proved that she's not some fake plastic pop princess, she's a real artist and she is a brilliant one at that.

I think her label has just accepted that Lana isn't some huge pop diva, she's unique and does her own thing, and people still love it and still support her and buy her work. I'm pretty sure that apart from Lady Gaga, she generally outsells all of the other artists signed to her label, and that's considering they do a shit load of promo, and Lana does... well, not that much  :toofunny:

Anyway, it makes so happy to see Lana happy. I also hope this will translate into the next album. 

I think that she's just happy to finally doing things her own way.

During the UV era, she had to fight to release the music, the videos and so on.

But with Honeymoon, I feel like her label just decided to let her do her thing. She was finally allowed to release the footage from the original UV video, she made an album with one of her best friends, it was a really personal record, and there wasn't as much commercial pressure since no one was expecting another Born to Die (well, most people anyway :creep:) since people knew that since UV she had different things planned.

And after all, it was still a really successful campaign and beautiful album. It didn't sell as much as Born to Die, that's for sure, but I don't think that really bothers Lana. She just wants to be able to make a living doing something she loves and making her life into a work of art, and she's doing just that. Plus, the critics loved it and she proved that she's not some fake plastic pop princess, she's a real artist and she is a brilliant one at that.

I think her label has just accepted that Lana isn't some huge pop diva, she's unique and does her own thing, and people still love it and still support her and buy her work. I'm pretty sure that apart from Lady Gaga, she generally outsells all of the other artists signed to her label, and that's considering they do a shit load of promo, and Lana does... well, not that much  :toofunny:

Anyway, it makes so happy to see Lana happy. I also hope this will translate into the next album. 

It's gonna be so weird having an album full of happy songs from Lana tbh!!!! Her best work is also her saddest (UV) so I'm not sure how a happy album is going to sound tbh. Hoping for the best tho..

Inb4 it's just full of fuck you songs to franny

FzytWEW.png