• 4,797 posts
  • LocationLDN —> ATL —> NYC
  • Fan Since:January 30, 2012
  • Favourite LDR Song:Yayo (AKA Version)
  • Time Online: 199d 9h 52m 21s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

• J.R.OMEGA, californianfreak, softcore babyface and 2 others like this

43424683735_fa2382c16c_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL

#5083 OFFLINE   venicebitch

venicebitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 26d 7h 33m 18s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

She has edited last one and added “t.y.c&c” to the description - what does it mean?

k nvm it’s probably thank you Chuck & Charlie 

• Elle and Peroxide like this

#5084 ONLINE   Hannus

Hannus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHungary
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 6d 14h 54m 38s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:56 AM

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again  :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

• LanaFlowers likes this

#5085 OFFLINE   99centlips

99centlips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationSac
  • Time Online: 48d 11m 4s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:19 AM

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again :brows:
also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

Fairy Tales from Anderson https://www.ebay.com...id=312331324298

I think someone painted it?

Nevermind here’s the exact.

https://wonderfulboo...oz-1st2nd-1906/
  • J.R.OMEGA, nevada darling and ivy like this

#5086 OFFLINE   LonelyLolitaMotel

LonelyLolitaMotel

QUEEN OF SAIGON

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Location*LAYING IN VERSAILLES*
  • Fan Since:SUMMER 2011 <3
  • Time Online: 34d 7h 32m 22s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again  :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

its a sage bundle from the moon juice shop in Venice, i got the same one when i was in LA back at the beginning of October  

• Hannus, Doll Harlow and BlueBaby like this

e1s11.gif

#5087 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

~~~~~~ICON~~~~~~ President for Life

• OG Moderators
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

She posted this in response to a post by Instagram user @lanasluck discussing the “black narcissist” line -
45957146624_7bca4c2be1_b.jpg
45957146604_78743582cf_z.jpg

I don't have any songs about race of any kind.

Maybe that's a problem?

Also, really? It's not central, but it's not like her catalog is absent of lyrics suggestive of race or ethnicity. And you could write a whole dissertation or longform thinkpiece on race in her music video catalog. (Has anyone? I'd be fascinated to read one.)

This song is deeply personal and introspective having nothing to do with anyone outside of my immediate circle of people i know personally.

This comes uncomfortably close to sounding like "I don't know enough POC to have any songs about them."

This is why I have absolutely nothing to do with the majority of the culture.

Again, that's the problem.

Also, LOL at trying to have it both ways, decreeing Kanye West's MAGA-hat-wearing ways "a loss for the culture" (I don't disagree) while simultaneously trying to distance herself from "the culture" and sidestep cultural critiques when it suits her.

Speaking of her tweets about Kanye, I'm reminded she specifically mentioned his "narcissism". Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

Lana, use a publicist for any statements on sensitive subjects.

• J.R.OMEGA, strange weather, 99centlips and 2 others like this

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#5088 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

You're Gonna Love Me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 192d 7h 19m 25s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Maybe that's a problem?

Also, really? It's not central, but it's not like her catalog is absent of lyrics suggestive of race or ethnicity. And you could write a whole dissertation or longform thinkpiece on race in her music video catalog. (Has anyone? I'd be fascinated to read one.)

This comes uncomfortably close to sounding like "I don't know enough POC to have any songs about them."

Also, LOL at trying to have it both ways, decreeing Kanye West's MAGA-hat-wearing ways "a loss for the culture" (I don't disagree) while simultaneously trying to distance herself from "the culture" and sidestep cultural critiques when it suits her.

Speaking of her tweets about Kanye, I'm reminded she specifically mentioned his "narcissism". Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

This is what I was thinking too. It came off a bit... :eek:

• evilentity, blackbeaches, LanaFlowers and 1 other like this

#5089 ONLINE   SunChild

SunChild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Time Online: 79d 16h 1m 23s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

I swear some of y’all want the line to be racist sooooo badly.... I’m over this topic
We all know what the line means, and any doubt anyone has can be dispelled because y’all forced the poor woman to explain herself... and it still ain’t enough?
  • Beauty King, slang, CatchTheBreeze and 18 others like this

#5090 OFFLINE   Doll Harlow

Doll Harlow

i'm on fire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Fan Since:August 2015
  • Time Online: 56d 22h 18m 40s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

I swear some of y’all want the line to be racist sooooo badly.... I’m over this topic
We all know what the line means, and any doubt anyone has can be dispelled because y’all forced the poor woman to explain herself... and it still ain’t enough?

This. People are really reaching with this one.
  • Beauty King, Hannus, sweetlikecinnam0n and 8 others like this

#5091 ONLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 65d 5h 50m 48s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

nah, we're just delusional haters with sore shoulders from all that "reaching" we've apparently been doing... :um2:

• 99centlips and late bloomer like this

#5092 OFFLINE   Nobody

Nobody

take it doen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Time Online: 298d 17h 33m 49s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

I think she was just trying to clarify that it isn't about Azealia/Kanye because she isn't close to them but yeah this whole thing could've been worded better 

• slang, loleetah, BlueBaby and 2 others like this

#5093 OFFLINE   99centlips

99centlips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationSac
  • Time Online: 48d 11m 4s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

She just doesn’t see her privilege in these situations...which is hard for many people to see.

However, yeah the cultural part just seemed very toxic and passive aggressive . “THIS is why I’m not a part of the cultural.” You mean general criticism?

Also how can she get mad when people insinuate if she’s not gonna explain? And yes I know she said in the past she doesn’t like to comment on the music, she wants it to speak for itself, which is perfectly fine. BUT fans will always insinuate and try to piece it together. If you don’t like it , then explain yourself!
  • evilentity, californianfreak, Arcadia and 3 others like this

#5094 OFFLINE   late bloomer

late bloomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Time Online: 4d 22h 34m 36s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

All your criticisms, I completely agree with. I’ll also add and this is toward the people who say fans are “reaching”: it’s okay to criticize an artist you love, and still enjoy their music. We’re not saying she’s racist. I think HIADT is a fantastic song, but I also agree that the wording could’ve been better and her ignorance is a bit telling in her response. I’m still annoyed by the events yesterday because of how she handled the release and her response to it when her lack of information didn’t help at all and contributed to the controversy. All it takes is 5 seconds to make a post to announce a song is coming up, that’s it. It takes little to explain that’s its personal and has nothing to do with any drama you had with anyone recently. That’s all.
  • evilentity, 99centlips, Arcadia and 1 other like this

#5095 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

You're Gonna Love Me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

All your criticisms, I completely agree with. I’ll also add and this is toward the people who say fans are “reaching”: it’s okay to criticize an artist you love, and still enjoy their music. We’re not saying she’s racist. I think HIADT is a fantastic song, but I also agree that the wording could’ve been better and her ignorance is a bit telling in her response. I’m still annoyed by the events yesterday because of how she handled the release and her response to it when her lack of information didn’t help at all and contributed to the controversy. All it takes is 5 seconds to make a post to announce a song is coming up, that’s it. It takes little to explain that’s its personal and has nothing to do with any drama you had with anyone recently. That’s all.

Exactly! People in here are acting like were saying she's a racist, when were actually saying her explanation could have been worded better, that's all.

• evilentity, 99centlips, delley and 2 others like this

#5096 OFFLINE   cognaclilac

cognaclilac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationlos angeles | philadelphia
  • Fan Since:i discovered depression
  • Time Online: 8d 16h 20m 54s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

Maybe that's a problem?

i'm lost, why does she have to have a song about POC???????????? is that a requirement these days??

Exactly! People in here are acting like were saying she's a racist, when were actually saying her explanation could have been worded better, that's all.

because before she explained y'all were alluding to her possibly saying something racist

• Doll Harlow likes this

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

#5097 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

You're Gonna Love Me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

i'm lost, why does she have to have a song about POC???????????? is that a requirement these days??

because before she explained y'all were alluding to her possibly saying something racist

She explained herself, but not well enough imo. I'm not impyling she's saying anything racist with her explanation, just that she could have made some adjustments to it.

• evilentity and LanaFlowers like this

#5098 ONLINE   Peroxide

Peroxide

Old Hollywood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 21d 23h 42m 51s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

*your skin so golden brown echos into the background*

• evilentity, Bootynugget, loleetah and 2 others like this

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

#5099 OFFLINE   cognaclilac

cognaclilac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationlos angeles | philadelphia
  • Fan Since:i discovered depression
  • Time Online: 8d 16h 20m 54s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

She explained herself, but not well enough imo. I'm not impyling she's saying anything racist with her explanation, just that she could have made some adjustments to it.

fair, but i guess for someone her status and because she probably didnt think twice about the line because she knew what it was about, she was probably frustrated with her response and wanted to just state what she felt

everyone is just under a microscope these days

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

#5100 OFFLINE   late bloomer

late bloomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Time Online: 4d 22h 34m 36s

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

A requirement? lol People rn, me included, just think it could’ve been handled in a better way. Like even before she released it, it was messy. And personally, I get why people had a problem with that lyric. It’s a long tiring explanation that I don’t want to get into, bc it’ll get twisted on here. And I think most of the people saying she’s racist were on Twitter. Not here. We get she was referring to depression, people were just saying she could’ve worded it better.

*your skin so golden brown echos into the background*

American is the first song that came in my head when Lana said she didn’t have a song about race of any kind lol
  • Peroxide likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users