LDRO

Instagram Updates

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again  :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

Fairy Tales from Anderson https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairy-Tales-from-Andersen-1906-Christmas-Stocking-Series-w-L-Frank-Baum-Intro-/254055988739?oid=312331324298

I think someone painted it?

Nevermind here’s the exact.

https://wonderfulbooksofoz.com/shop/wizard-of-oz-books/fairy-tales-from-andersen-christmas-stocking-l-frank-baum-oz-1st2nd-1906/

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again  :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

its a sage bundle from the moon juice shop in Venice, i got the same one when i was in LA back at the beginning of October  

e1s11.gif

She posted this in response to a post by Instagram user @lanasluck discussing the “black narcissist” line -

45957146624_7bca4c2be1_b.jpg

45957146604_78743582cf_z.jpg

I don't have any songs about race of any kind.

Maybe that's a problem?

Also, really? It's not central, but it's not like her catalog is absent of lyrics suggestive of race or ethnicity. And you could write a whole dissertation or longform thinkpiece on race in her music video catalog. (Has anyone? I'd be fascinated to read one.)

This song is deeply personal and introspective having nothing to do with anyone outside of my immediate circle of people i know personally.

This comes uncomfortably close to sounding like "I don't know enough POC to have any songs about them."

This is why I have absolutely nothing to do with the majority of the culture.

Again, that's the problem.

Also, LOL at trying to have it both ways, decreeing Kanye West's MAGA-hat-wearing ways "a loss for the culture" (I don't disagree) while simultaneously trying to distance herself from "the culture" and sidestep cultural critiques when it suits her.

Speaking of her tweets about Kanye, I'm reminded she specifically mentioned his "narcissism". Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

Lana, use a publicist for any statements on sensitive subjects.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Maybe that's a problem?

Also, really? It's not central, but it's not like her catalog is absent of lyrics suggestive of race or ethnicity. And you could write a whole dissertation or longform thinkpiece on race in her music video catalog. (Has anyone? I'd be fascinated to read one.)

This comes uncomfortably close to sounding like "I don't know enough POC to have any songs about them."

Also, LOL at trying to have it both ways, decreeing Kanye West's MAGA-hat-wearing ways "a loss for the culture" (I don't disagree) while simultaneously trying to distance herself from "the culture" and sidestep cultural critiques when it suits her.

Speaking of her tweets about Kanye, I'm reminded she specifically mentioned his "narcissism". Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

This is what I was thinking too. It came off a bit... :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I swear some of y’all want the line to be racist sooooo badly.... I’m over this topic

We all know what the line means, and any doubt anyone has can be dispelled because y’all forced the poor woman to explain herself... and it still ain’t enough?

This. People are really reaching with this one.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lana, whether it's about Kanye or Azealia or not, OF COURSE people are going to think a line like "black narcissist" might be a reference to them after you publicly feuded with them using similar language. Even if wrong, it's a reasonable inference. Poor form to chastise your fans and others for making it. C'mon, Lana, if Azealia dropped a track using a label she'd called you on Twitter and even threw "white" in front of it you know you'd think it was about you.

nah, we're just delusional haters with sore shoulders from all that "reaching" we've apparently been doing... :um2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I think she was just trying to clarify that it isn't about Azealia/Kanye because she isn't close to them but yeah this whole thing could've been worded better 

She just doesn’t see her privilege in these situations...which is hard for many people to see.

However, yeah the cultural part just seemed very toxic and passive aggressive . “THIS is why I’m not a part of the cultural.” You mean general criticism?

Also how can she get mad when people insinuate if she’s not gonna explain? And yes I know she said in the past she doesn’t like to comment on the music, she wants it to speak for itself, which is perfectly fine. BUT fans will always insinuate and try to piece it together. If you don’t like it , then explain yourself!

All your criticisms, I completely agree with. I’ll also add and this is toward the people who say fans are “reaching”: it’s okay to criticize an artist you love, and still enjoy their music. We’re not saying she’s racist. I think HIADT is a fantastic song, but I also agree that the wording could’ve been better and her ignorance is a bit telling in her response. I’m still annoyed by the events yesterday because of how she handled the release and her response to it when her lack of information didn’t help at all and contributed to the controversy. All it takes is 5 seconds to make a post to announce a song is coming up, that’s it. It takes little to explain that’s its personal and has nothing to do with any drama you had with anyone recently. That’s all.

All your criticisms, I completely agree with. I’ll also add and this is toward the people who say fans are “reaching”: it’s okay to criticize an artist you love, and still enjoy their music. We’re not saying she’s racist. I think HIADT is a fantastic song, but I also agree that the wording could’ve been better and her ignorance is a bit telling in her response. I’m still annoyed by the events yesterday because of how she handled the release and her response to it when her lack of information didn’t help at all and contributed to the controversy. All it takes is 5 seconds to make a post to announce a song is coming up, that’s it. It takes little to explain that’s its personal and has nothing to do with any drama you had with anyone recently. That’s all.

Exactly! People in here are acting like were saying she's a racist, when were actually saying her explanation could have been worded better, that's all.

Maybe that's a problem?

i'm lost, why does she have to have a song about POC???????????? is that a requirement these days??

Exactly! People in here are acting like were saying she's a racist, when were actually saying her explanation could have been worded better, that's all.

because before she explained y'all were alluding to her possibly saying something racist

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

i'm lost, why does she have to have a song about POC???????????? is that a requirement these days??

because before she explained y'all were alluding to her possibly saying something racist

She explained herself, but not well enough imo. I'm not impyling she's saying anything racist with her explanation, just that she could have made some adjustments to it.