LDRO

Instagram Updates

She explained herself, but not well enough imo. I'm not impyling she's saying anything racist with her explanation, just that she could have made some adjustments to it.

fair, but i guess for someone her status and because she probably didnt think twice about the line because she knew what it was about, she was probably frustrated with her response and wanted to just state what she felt

everyone is just under a microscope these days

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

i'm lost, why does she have to have a song about POC???????????? is that a requirement these days??

because before she explained y'all were alluding to her possibly saying something racist

A requirement? lol People rn, me included, just think it could’ve been handled in a better way. Like even before she released it, it was messy. And personally, I get why people had a problem with that lyric. It’s a long tiring explanation that I don’t want to get into, bc it’ll get twisted on here. And I think most of the people saying she’s racist were on Twitter. Not here. We get she was referring to depression, people were just saying she could’ve worded it better.

*your skin so golden brown echos into the background*

American is the first song that came in my head when Lana said she didn’t have a song about race of any kind lol

A requirement? lol People rn, me included, just think it could’ve been handled in a better way. Like even before she released it, it was messy. And personally, I get why people had a problem with that lyric. It’s a long tiring explanation that I don’t want to get into, bc it’ll get twisted on here. And I think most of the people saying she’s racist were on Twitter. Not here. We get she was referring to depression, people were just saying she could’ve worded it better.

the requirement bit referred to her making a song about poc specifically, like it's not necessary for her to do that

yeah i get it too but basic facts should be enough to know she didnt mean it in a harmful way like a) has she ever been racist before? not to my knowledge b) this song is older than any of the two social media 'fights' she had last year both of which are the only ones people are comparing the lyric to and c) it's color theory, she uses it a lot

there's like 34 pages in the nfr thread of people saying she said something racist, just cause we pussyfoot on here and twitter doesn't doesn't mean we aren't all saying the same shit

she's writing a song so it has to sound poetic, and again if you mean the explanation should be worded better what do you want? a long statement of her basically saying how annoying it is to be misinterpreted in a dark way but how would she say that without sounding annoyed? jfc she explained herself and the lyric it's not that deep

the requirement bit referred to her making a song about poc specifically, like it's not necessary for her to do that

yeah i get it too but basic facts should be enough to know she didnt mean it in a harmful way like a) has she ever been racist before? not to my knowledge b) this song is older than any of the two social media 'fights' she had last year both of which are the only ones people are comparing the lyric to and c) it's color theory, she uses it a lot

there's like 34 pages in the nfr thread of people saying she said something racist, just cause we pussyfoot on here and twitter doesn't doesn't mean we aren't all saying the same shit

she's writing a song so it has to sound poetic, and again if you mean the explanation should be worded better what do you want? a long statement of her basically saying how annoying it is to be misinterpreted in a dark way but how would she say that without sounding annoyed? jfc she explained herself and the lyric it's not that deep

If you read my last post, I said what she could’ve done since the beginning. It doesn’t require a long statement.

This comes uncomfortably close to sounding like "I don't know enough POC to have any songs about them."

Not at all? She obviously means that these songs are so personal that writing about someone into it who isn't instrumental in her life wouldn't even cross her mind. We know that Lana has worked with and is friendly with many POC artists.

Yes the wording on these comments and the lyric itself could have been better, but they're still not even THAT bad. When the lyrics is taken out of context yes it sounds weird but it still doesnt even make sense for it to be racially motivated. But thats a conversation for the lyrics thread.

Lana isn't perfect and social media gives you the opportunity to comment instantly and without approval from someone else. But we KNOW what she means.

If you read my last post, I said what she could’ve done since the beginning. It doesn’t require a long statement.

yeah well since that's what she did i'm unsure why you even wrote that in the first place

like you're unhappy she used the phrase, unhappy she didn't think to bring it up before the release/immediately after and you're unhappy with her small explanation which is exactly what you said to do in the first post so like what do you actually want

is she racist or ignorant, pick your player

yeah well since that's what she did i'm unsure why you even wrote that in the first place

like you're unhappy she used the phrase, unhappy she didn't think to bring it up before the release/immediately after and you're unhappy with her small explanation which is exactly what you said to do in the first post so like what do you actually want

is she racist or ignorant, pick your player

All I said was it could’ve been handled differently, like simply saying “I changed the name from Sylvia to HIADT and it’s coming out on the 9th. It’s a very personal song which I wrote back in __________. Also, sorry for the future shows I’m canceling which are ________. Hope you all understand. xx” and that’s it. And not delete the post after. Literally not that difficult. Like you said, it isn’t that deep. “is she racist or ignorant, pick your player”..... didn’t I say I wasn’t saying she was racist. lmao

All I said was it could’ve been handled differently, like simply saying “I changed the name from Sylvia to HIADT and it’s coming out on the 9th. It’s a very personal song which I wrote back in __________. Also, sorry for the future shows I’m canceling which are ________. Hope you all understand. xx” and that’s it. And not delete the post after. Literally not that difficult. Like you said, it isn’t that deep. “is she racist or ignorant, pick your player”..... didn’t I say I wasn’t saying she was racist. lmao

so you're mad that she wasn't specific because she literally did all that

0tu52rd0nz721.png

i think lana expects us to have more than 3 braincells to notice that the lyrics are the same as the sylvia post and presume that the title changed and to wait like she said to to hear about the cancellations

“Norman Fucking Rockwell”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

that floral bundle she's burning... she's being witchy again :brows:

also, what kind of book is that? can anybody read the title?

Can someone link me to this post/these posts? I haven't seen it. Please.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro