LDRO

Instagram Updates

DIY is also a caption for the pic where Lana is with Florence, Marina and FKA twigs.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

DIY is also a caption for the pic where Lana is with Florence, Marina and FKA twigs.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

DIY means Do It Yourself. In an Ultraviolence interview, she said Dan Auerbach seems to be part of that “DIY club”, which is a term she refers to artists she has a lot of respect for- they do the work themselves; they have a specific vision and passion for their music so they’ll do the hard work to perfectly execute it. Florence, Marina and FKA Twigs all are very independent women, so it’s no surprise Lana is friends with them and admires their music. I also think in a way, she’s been inspired by their hobbies and side projects to do her own... like Florence writing her poetry/lyric book (“Useless Magic”), and Marina’s book + painting/drawing hobby.

what is civic twilight? does she mean civil twilight? is this a play on words i'm not getting  :toofunny:

I think she refers to the city lights (or light pollution) in contrast to natural twilight.

"inside of my stomach the cosmos are baking" for a second i thought she was hinting she was pregnant but then remembered from middle school health that the baby is not in the stomach xx

ok even though babies aint in the stomach... "a universe hung like a mobile"... bitch i may be delusional and bad at examining poems but sumn is up

She got knocked up by her server?

Lana on her story singing Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored by Ariana Grande:

I mean, it should've been a Lana lyric to begin with.

So she's writing haikus now

Good way to fill out a page requirement.

what is civic twilight? does she mean civil twilight? is this a play on words i'm not getting  :toofunny:

Her Honda's on its last legs.

For real though, I think she just means politics are a dumpster fire everywhere right now.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

"inside of my stomach the cosmos are baking" for a second i thought she was hinting she was pregnant but then remembered from middle school health that the baby is not in the stomach xx

ok even though babies aint in the stomach... "a universe hung like a mobile"... bitch i may be delusional and bad at examining poems but sumn is up

Lmao! I thought she was hinting at pregnancy as well

Lana changed the caption on this post to “a poem from my book…”

"You in the soft light

the 405 from Venice

a river of red" (x)

Uh... for someone who is literally stalked as much as she is, she's insane to drop the details she does in these two poems.  :facepalm:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

DIY means Do It Yourself. In an Ultraviolence interview, she said Dan Auerbach seems to be part of that “DIY club”, which is a term she refers to artists she has a lot of respect for- they do the work themselves; they have a specific vision and passion for their music so they’ll do the hard work to perfectly execute it. Florence, Marina and FKA Twigs all are very independent women, so it’s no surprise Lana is friends with them and admires their music. I also think in a way, she’s been inspired by their hobbies and side projects to do her own... like Florence writing her poetry/lyric book (“Useless Magic”), and Marina’s book + painting/drawing hobby.

I know what DIY means, but I said it because I'm wondering what TF she wants to do by herself?!

Thank you for the other part of your respond, though. It explains perfectly. <3

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro