LDRO

Instagram Updates

If she speaks up, shell get shit for it. If she says nothing, shell get shit for it. So she might as well speak up about BLM cause doing SOMETHING and raising awarness and support is still powerful, even if people accuse her of being fake. Way better than doing nothing.

i definitely agree w you!!  :flutter:

turkey

Welcome  :)

I thought you guys in Turkey were in some type of "internet quarantine" by your government.

Seems not. I am glad.

Yes, racists and racism ideoloogy runs in every country on the planet. Unfortunatelly some leaders (Presidents or Ministers) of those

countries dont know what to do or have wise words to say about such bad behaviour in some people. It is a very sad situation which

should not be happening in this new millenium.  :facepalm:   This is the year 2020 and not 1920.

-

To echo a lot of people here, she’s gonna be dragged either way so she might as well speak up lmfao. It isn’t the easy thing to do but it’s the right thing... even Anthony fucking Fantano donated 3000 USD to the freedom fund, I’m sure Lana could at least say SOMETHING...

she better speak up. if she doesn't her fans and her critics get mad at her for it. If she does, her fans appreciate it and her critics get mad at her for it, so the second option is obviously better

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Welcome  :)

I thought you guys in Turkey were in some type of "internet quarantine" by your government.

Seems not. I am glad.

Yes, racists and racism ideoloogy runs in every country on the planet. Unfortunatelly some leaders (Presidents or Ministers) of those

countries dont know what to do or have wise words to say about such bad behaviour in some people. It is a very sad situation which

should not be happening in this new millenium.  :facepalm:   This is the year 2020 and not 1920.

Haha thank you but nope we don't have any restrictions atm. We rarely get bans from social media for a a few hours/days when something political comes up but it's too rare, although Wikipedia was restricted for like 4 years. Also you're definitely right. I can't belive how this is going on this decade. Shame on humanity and nothing more.

To echo a lot of people here, she’s gonna be dragged either way so she might as well speak up lmfao. It isn’t the easy thing to do but it’s the right thing... even Anthony fucking Fantano donated 3000 USD to the freedom fund, I’m sure Lana could at least say SOMETHING...

? u realize melon is hyper liberal, why is that even an argument. i would be shocked if he didnt

image.png

Did anyone see that guy who made the insensitive tweet about Walmart and her, and she blocked him. Does anyone knwo if that was real

it was target*

but i don't think it was real, i think she hasn't been on twitter for quite a while now

i76mrxw.png 

I agree that she could use her platform to raise awareness and / or post links to petitions and donations. But she would be dragged again, either by her previous posts or by the fact that she dated with that asshole cop. And if she is really a "fragile person", who absorbs things too much, the attacks directed at her, in these last days, must have exhausted her energies. I believe that she will protect herself for a while, avoiding any kind of "conflict".

That said, at this point, she can also donate (or has already donated) to the cause, without needing to show people that she is doing it... It would also be valid in this case.

giphy.gif

I lowkey do find it kind of weird she does native american reparations but nothing for black people?.... like why focus on one minority only and then never speak up about racial issues lol

She seems to have a personal connection to the Native American community but your point is very true

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

I agree that she could use her platform to raise awareness and / or post links to petitions and donations. But she would be dragged again, either by her previous posts or by the fact that she dated with that asshole cop. And if she is really a "fragile person", who absorbs things too much, the attacks directed at her, in these last days, must have exhausted her energies. I believe that she will protect herself for a while, avoiding any kind of "conflict".

That said, at this point, she can also donate (or has already donated) to the cause, without needing to show people that she is doing it... It would also be valid in this case.

Well said !   :gclap:

I actually believe she should have NEVER have an Instagram or Facebook or Tweeter account. Those places just bring in

more problems than do any good.  

Its already known that many artists and musicians actually do donate alot of their money to worthy causes,

without even making it a public annoucement. Only years later do we find out what they did.

Look what PRINCE and George Michael did for years and was only discovered after their deaths.

- After Prince's death, stories of his quiet, behind-the-scenes charity started to come out. Civil rights leader Rev Al Sharpton took

to Twitter to describe him as a "sincere humanitarian" and told how Prince would give him money to convey quietly to people such

as the family of Trayvon Martin. He also donated a quarter of a million to solar power startups, another quarter to an organisation

helping struggling families in South Carolina, and another quarter to a dance academy in New York. An entire million dollars went

to a Harlem-based non-profit organisation for inner-city children living in poverty.

- As with Prince, the full extent of George Michael's generosity only became clear after his death. His contributions to Band Aid,

Live Aid and Comic Relief were already well known, but he kept other donations out of the press, ranging from £2m donated to a

counselling service for children and young people, to small hand-outs to strangers such as a woman he saw on Deal or No Deal

who needed £9000 for IVF treatment. He gave large lump sums to cancer and HIV charities, and volunteered quietly at a homeless

shelter. He also donated the proceeds from his huge hit live version of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me with Elton John to

charities including a centre for those affected by HIV and AIDS, and a trust which helps the families of terminally ill children.

And rather than leave it in private hands, he purchased the piano on which John Lennon wrote Imagine for £1.45m and

gave it to Liverpool's Beatles Story Museum.

-

Sorry I’m adult who doesn’t need my opinions validated by celebs lol. I mean I read what tswift said about this and rolled my eyes into the back of my head. Do you think Lana would say something better. These liberal white ladies have nothing of value to say. Post a donation link or nothing.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1266392274549776387?s=21

Are you talking about this? Why did this make you roll your eyes? Are you a trump supporter?

i simply don't understand the pressure on artists to publish things that are not related to their art !! she is NOT obliged, and social media are NOT REAL LIFE, she can do BLM things outside social media in real life that no one knows about she doesn't HAVE TO show it on the internet, she doesn't owe anything to any person, sorry but that's my opinion 

i simply don't understand the pressure on artists to publish things that are not related to their art !! she is NOT obliged, and social media are NOT REAL LIFE, she can do BLM things outside social media in real life that no one knows about she doesn't HAVE TO show it on the internet, she doesn't owe anything to any person, sorry but that's my opinion

Yeah unfortunately not everyone has enough compassion and empathy to get off their high horse and do something selfless like support people going through immense hardship and pain

Not everyone has it in them to stand up for something that doesnt directly affect them

No one is obliged to have a good heart and be a good person

Hiding behind the guise of being an ~artist~ doesn’t excuse selfishness

I dont HAVE to help someone next to me who just tripped and fell, but me walking past them like nothing happened says alot about my character