Lana's submissions to the Grammy's 2013

lana-del-rey-grammy-awards-p-e-wing-event.jpg

- Best New Artist

- Album of the Year: Born To Die

- Pop Album: Born To Die

- Record of the Year: Video Games

-Song of the Year: Video Games

-Pop Solo: Video Games

Hope she wins but Video Games? what about National Anthem, Blue Jeans?

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

who is she up against?

the judging panel will choose if she fit those categories and they are gonna nominate her, this list is like the "I want to get a Grammy in this category pleasE" althought I only saw Madonna's submission and Lana has better chances than Madge :toofloppy:

What? Things are 'submitted?' O _ O In my naivete, I always thought they looked at all the music released in any given period.

#welcometotherealworld

What? Things are 'submitted?' O _ O In my naivete, I always thought they looked at all the music released in any given period.

#welcometotherealworld

but they won't get all the nominations, the "judge panel" choose if they are right or wrong

I guess I was the safest to go with Video Games. I think National Anthem, Blue Jeans, or Born to Die could have been considered as well. I guess came out too late?

2dt29zc.jpg

I guess I was the safest to go with Video Games. I think National Anthem, Blue Jeans, or Born to Die could have been considered as well. I guess came out too late?

I would bet National Anthem, the song by itself, would not win at all. Blue Jeans would maybe have a chance, so could Born to Die - but Video Games is just the route to go.

Did anyone really think that if there was going to be any sort of Lana participation in the Grammys that it would be anything other than VG? By the way, these are not nominations. An artist has to first vie for even a nomination. Record labels send in submissions. It costs them money to do so. The committee receives the submissions (plus their money), reviews the submissions, selects final nominees, and then the awards take place. And, all along the way, there are SO MANY politics involved that influence and affect all the decisions along the way. It's a pretty weird world. Blarghghhdtg

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I want her to win for Born To Die the album more than Video Games really. I mean it's a great song, but an album winning seems more special because it's shows the importance and substance of the whole work. Born To Die is not full of duds and goes much farther than Video Games. I really think there's no reason it SHOULDN'T win album of the year.

H0bDaqU.gif