Baby V Alex

Lana's submissions to the Grammy's 2013

I'm almost completely sure National Anthem will never win Best Video in any award show. The only video that would have a chance is Born to Die. These submissions make sense (except for Video Games being from 2011).

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I'm almost completely sure National Anthem will never win Best Video in any award show

pls don't remind me

tumblr_mavkmmQGAn1qfn2nu.gif

It totally should though

Born To Die is a great video but in my mind National Anthem >>>>

I really don't like it...

:oh:

awk that's my favorite Lana video

I guess I'm just partial to the early 60s/"Instagram filter" quality/gorgeous New England setting/modern day Kennedys thing but omg that video is my life and soul

Did anyone really think that if there was going to be any sort of Lana participation in the Grammys that it would be anything other than VG?

Lol so true.

VG was only ever going to be her one chance at anything at next years shitty Grammy's.

Carely Rae Shitspen is nominated, i think that's a pretty CLEAR indication why Lana got no noms.

Bleh. I miss the grammy's that recognized good musicians rather than record sales. But if it were based on soley the music. The only thing that would've stopped Lana from getting a Grammy would be her lyrics. The music is just really well constructed (she doesn't write it so that doesn't say much for her lol)

I wish she would have gotten a nomination, if only to see her reaction. Me thinks the pretense that she's too good for America would drop instantly.

Bleh. I miss the grammy's that recognized good musicians rather than record sales. But if it were based on soley the music. The only thing that would've stopped Lana from getting a Grammy would be her lyrics. The music is just really well constructed (she doesn't write it so that doesn't say much for her lol)

It doesn't though? Save the typical pop acts (Taylor, Rihanna, etc.) a vast majority of the nominees don't have great albums sales. A lot of them aren't even close to Lana's three million worldwide. Some of them never had a chance at hitting the top ten of the Hot 100.

And I really don't understand the anger about some of the nominees. Like, Call Me Maybe was practically a cultural phenomenon that took over the world. What's more deserving of recognition than that? Again, the pretension, I really can't, but I digress. Maybe I'm crazy.

kanyeshrug.gif

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

The fact that Lana got 0 nominations at 2013 Grammys is fucking insane because Born To Die was commercially very successful. The criticism she got then was already crazy and hurtful. :dorothy3:

url%5D