Sign in to follow this  
annedauphine

Snoh Aalegra

This woman looks like the love child of Amy and Lana and gives big Amy vibes and her voice is like salted caramel with gold flakes. It's been long since I fell in love that fast she's as beautiful as she sings good which is beyond cosmically

Thanks to browjob for making me discover her I'm completely obsessed

ZKcaooE.png

Lmao I was literally about to make a thread :toofunny: Glad I looked for it first. She's the most beautiful woman that ever existed and I weight each letter very carefully. She's by far my feminine ideal

Well I saw her tonight and SPOILER I'm extremely gay. I got a setlist as well <3 But yeah she was right in front of me and I was first row so I stared at her belly button for an hour. She had the hottest outfit I could not even fantasize. She's fucking perfect, she's a rly good singer and her music slaps, I love her so fucking much. And she ended the set with Under The Influence which is STILL my favourite of hers. Wanted to buy merch but it's not screenprinting  :crossed:

Here's a few more songs she made since I made that thread two and a half years ago (holy shit) that are killer. I'm so glad it's easy to find her music now, by then it was only on SoundCloud... She also has a popstar past lol, her real name is Sheri, took me hours to find this info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_niW_EiNfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UutoDbT_lKo

I'm still completely dizzy. Fucking wow. What a woman. I love her SO MUCH

ZKcaooE.png

Literally absolutely no one here cares about her and I feel rly bad for yall cuz you're sleeping on a treasure. Her music is amazing, even more so live, and I cannot stress enough how beautiful she is. Her clothing style is incredible as well and her personality in interviews and such is so laid back and relatable, she could ALMOST be qualified of a "dork"

But all of this to say that after scanning her tumblr hair by hair trying to find out her real name (cuz I'm sure her parents are dignified and could not have named her... Snoh Aalegra... Lana Del Rey teas - and I did her name is Sheri Nowrozi) and aside finding out she's an incredibly dorky tumblr hipster, I did found out about her pop star past and that makes me laugh incredibly hard. What were the odds of her writing a song that shares a name with a song by Lana and that is also a pop song. Except it sucks so bad lmao

THIS ONE IS ALMOST NICE LMFAO

Apparently she reached number 2 in Sweden single charts in like 2009... Lady Gaga who the hell

ZKcaooE.png

After listening to the album on a loop several times I'm able to announce that for now my favourites are All I Have, Worse, You Keep Me Waiting, Fool For You, Walls and my favourite of them all Nothing Burns Like The Cold. But Sometimes and Time and Feels and the beginning of Like I Used To are amazing as well and are rly growing on me. One of my favourite albums for sure but tbqfh her music is just the icing on the cherry on the chocolate coated moist cake

I love this song as well tbh

ZKcaooE.png

(Poor Anne stanning alone in this thread :poordat: )

I just started to play Feels, this albums sounds very good so far! I'm getting a bit of r'n'b and jazzy vibes here, whoop! Her voice is filled with emotions and is clear, I really like it. Everything sounds so smooth and chill.

... where can I buy this album, lol? xD

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

(Poor Anne stanning alone in this thread :poordat: )

I just started to play Feels, this albums sounds very good so far! I'm getting a bit of r'n'b and jazzy vibes here, whoop! Her voice is filled with emotions and is clear, I really like it. Everything sounds so smooth and chill.

... where can I buy this album, lol? xD

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: Thank you so much for keeping me company lol, but I think this is a lost cause. Good for me, the less people know her the more chances to be able to bask in her pure beauty at first row of her concerts again yay

Yeah she's an obsessive stan of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder... And I don't listen to them at all but for those who do it's apparently really obvious in her music. I like the soulfulness and slight raspiness of her voice a lot but I do wish she sang more straight up jazz - although even tho she's a great vocalist I'm really not sure she could pull that off :/ - or more stuff like the song There Will Be Sunshine which really stands out from the rest. One thing that's sure is that her voice is desperately not made for pop  :toofunny:

If you or anyone wants a dl link, I dld and compiled all her songs from her SoundCloud (so it's like 128kpbs but still better than nothing right) and made custom covers from my fav pics of her, I can drop a link! Cause anyways I'm definitely buying the vinyl, the art doesn't completely fits her universe imho (except for Don't Explain, the cover is EXACTLY what the songs sound like) but it's fabulous so

And this is my current song obsession from her:

ZKcaooE.png

Ohh yeah, a song from that album (was it Time?) really made me think of Whitney Houston. Sounded a bit like a 80’s ballad.

Yup it's the one Drake sampled on Do Not Disturb from More Life but funny enough it's one of my least favourites from the album. And I don't like Drake. She remains an absolute goddess regardless

ZKcaooE.png

My nose is bleeding and I'm violently shaking but at least the mystery is solved. Not like anyone cares but it was driving me wild. I remain absolutely sure I heard it in a lofi compilation but I have more than 60 compilations saved so I wish I was the one but I'm tragically not. This is super interesting though because it's the PERFECT intro to FEELS, it's very style-defining so the fact that it's an original track produced by NO iD says a lot about her universe

rskqc.png

ZKcaooE.png

:toofunny:

If you or anyone wants a dl link, I dld and compiled all her songs from her SoundCloud (so it's like 128kpbs but still better than nothing right) and made custom covers from my fav pics of her, I can drop a link!

Can you share that? I love discovering new music

I gave her a shot last year when Feels came out but didn't vibe with it. But maybe I should listen again. What are your top 5 ?

:defeated: Thanks for asking!! From her whole discography if I really really have to choose my favs are 1) Under The Influence 2) Nothing Burns Like The Cold (I'm so basic) / There Will Be Sunshine 4) Out Of Your Way / Charleville 9200. Urgh so many incredible songs I can't fit here... Like Fool For You or Bad Things...

I admit it takes some time liking her music tho. For me especially since I absolutely don't listen to her influences it was a weird process but I'm genuinely absolutely obsessed now

Can you share that? I love discovering new music

Absolutely omg sending you a pm please do tell me if you like it

ZKcaooE.png

Translation of the Swedish parts in Like I Used To:

Mmm...

I, like, don't recognize you

What happened to you?
Is this who you really are, or..?

The leaves don't fall with the season

And dreams don't wait by the window

A couple of seeds that the rain won't reach
And I don't feel like I used to
I don't feel like I used to
I don't feel like I used to...
No, no, no...

(I didn't think it would change

You said that you were only human

I don't even know anymore

You're, like, not the same person

Is this who you really are, or..?)

I was born anew

Sure, I was born anew

This is the renaissance

This is purely essence, but

Whoop! New! You're new!

This is just ice for an inuit

Sand for a bedouin

"Pain" is my middle name, since an endless time

Out of* beer, out of salary

Snow on the leaves, smelly sweaty desert, red eyes

Out of the tube**, can't think straight***

Last stop in seven minutes

I shoot it out with small cartridges

Crying rivers, difficult tunes

Patience is on the hook

Such small portions of wisdoms that I've dropped on Earth

But I don't feel at all like I once did

I didn't feel at all for the older words

I didn't feel at all, so I turned the tables

With the veins in the soul, I'm almost better off dead

If the money rain don't put out the fire of the cigarette

Down to the last spark before I burn up

Forced to choose between no wings or no air

But what you don't know is that I've found someone new

And my heart is on fire like a logotype

Like, so crazy, like, so smitten

Time of the day, like, so naked, like, on the roof

Pinch my arm, something new for the world dawns in warmness

I care for closer, shun the worse

But cold nights are no longer cold nights from then on

Greetings from a place which is hella much better

But cold nights are no longer cold nights from then on

Greetings from a place which is hella much better

Where life is a vacation

A place where we have it better

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Out of... that is a correct translation, but think of it as in "out of bread". Something's missing.

** Timbuktu raps "Tuben" which is a slang word for the metro, the subway. So "out of the tube" wouldn't, with my translation above, mean getting out of the subway train, it would mean something like "the subway is out of function" perhaps, or that he's reaching the last stop. Unless he means a different kind of tube, like a toothpaste tube, lol.

*** "Slut i huvudet" means that you're out of energy and can't think anything at all at the moment, you have no ideas to deliver etc., your mind has stopped functioning (like the subway train mentioned above). Which is why I chose to translate it as "can't think straight anymore".

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Translation of the Swedish parts in Like I Used To:

A goddess doing the good lord's work. This is amazing thank you SO MUCH. I love this song if only there wasn't a rap part it's like two different songs mashed artificially together. I was really curious because she mentioned in an interview that his verse was really poetic and I can see it! Swedish is such a gorgeous language

ZKcaooE.png

A goddess doing the good lord's work. This is amazing thank you SO MUCH. I love this song if only there wasn't a rap part it's like two different songs mashed artificially together. I was really curious because she mentioned in an interview that his verse was really poetic and I can see it! Swedish is such a gorgeous language

I see what you mean, I got really surprised too when I first heard it too. It starts so differently lol.

And you're welcome!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png