fessle

Beverly Hills Hotel Cabana Cafe

Don't worry about the people berating you, you didn't do anything abnormal. Sometimes people imposing on her has resulted in photos, sometimes it doesn't. Given how she appears to behave with fans at venues it wasn't unreasonable for you to request a photograph. Plenty of people have seen her and hesitated to approach and probably still regret it to this day, we all know it can pay off to be a little pushy in these situations.

This totally sounds like Lana. When I think about meeting her I would expect it to be somehow awkward 

Am I missing something? I'm not seeing any entitlement by @@fessle ... No reason to act like he was being inappropriate. You'd expect it to be a certain way too

@fessle, you behaved decently. Any fucking celebrity who earn their absurd living from selling songs, movies etc. have to understand this. That's not implying that they do not have the right to a private life but they have to acknowledge the limitations that come with being a celebrity. No one force them to take that route and no one force them to stay in the business. Lana has a strange personality anyway so you shouldn't be surprised by her random behavior. She sometimes kisses fans on their mouth and in other situations she's vacant.

XO

Literally, I did nothing abnormal; I wasn't even mad she didn't want to take a photo. I literally did not even VOCALIZE my desire for a photo, I just wrote it on the polaroid (which was pretty cute in my opinion). I was content just talking to her for a moment. I didn't even take any creeper photos! What the fuck! Calling me a stalker, lmao, fuck off.

Also, to reiterate, I waited until she was done with her entire lunch and I met her AS she was leaving.

SHE did not mind us talking to her, the cabana cafe manager had an issue. (The workers insinuated that we could go up to her if we wanted, just that they wouldn't facilitate any interaction).

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

This has nothing to do with you or your experience with her but honestly I would never ask her for a picture :rip:

Come on. I'm sure your not that bad looking

haha it doesn't really have to do with that.. I hate selfies with such a passion and I'd rather have a little conversation instead of being like "omg Lana can I take a picture with you!!!!!!????".

why not

^

haha it doesn't really have to do with that.. I hate selfies with such a passion and I'd rather have a little conversation instead of being like "omg Lana can I take a picture with you!!!!!!????".

^

oh lmao I'd ask for a photo but I'd be careful how I said it.... like i wouldn't wanna seem too obsessed because that might turn her off the idea of  taking a pic

FzytWEW.png

It's weird--

She prefaced the conversation by saying "I'm not really taking pictures today" despite having taken one a few minutes prior with her friend (different situation, I am aware)

Whereas I told her it had been a dream to meet her and that I was a big fan

Just overall bizarre lmao the no photos thing was totally fine with me, I respect her wishes and that's why I had not taken any creeper pics prior or after, either.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

If and when I meet Lana, and I know this is a big stretch, I'd ask to photograph her like nicole nodland did.

Lana-Del-Rey-CMS-Source.jpg

It's my dream to one day put on my portfolio that I photographed her. 

plz don't kill my dream

lilkimxchapelle.png

sounds like she was just extremely uncomfortable and felt awkward lol. social anxiety x10000

She's met countless crazed fans

Maybe me being super chill was unexpected

We'll never know

BVT4uKe.jpg   

XO

Literally, I did nothing abnormal; I wasn't even mad she didn't want to take a photo. I literally did not even VOCALIZE my desire for a photo, I just wrote it on the polaroid (which was pretty cute in my opinion). I was content just talking to her for a moment. I didn't even take any creeper photos! What the fuck! Calling me a stalker, lmao, fuck off.

Also, to reiterate, I waited until she was done with her entire lunch and I met her AS she was leaving.

SHE did not mind us talking to her, the cabana cafe manager had an issue. (The workers insinuated that we could go up to her if we wanted, just that they wouldn't facilitate any interaction).

So.......Uhm.. What was she having for lunch? :hooker:

So.......Uhm.. What was she having for lunch? :hooker:

Idk I was 25 feet away so I couldn't see. I just got to occasionally glance at her beautiful profile.

Lemonade was $10 tho. Da fuq???

BVT4uKe.jpg   

interesting thread this somewhat became..

like the line- "we must remain perfect strangers" may ring true, when it comes to meeting, or better yet

spending alot of time with your 'idol' only to find the perception you have, the high pedestal you see them on,

is all just a illusion, and they are just like any other human being.. maybe better not to meet, and keep

the illusion..

having said that, if i was the 'idol' for many fans, it sure would be a strange feeling to have people think they know who i am..

its like, wow you're crazy for what you think is me, but don't even know me..like wtf is up with that? but id be happy to give a autograph or pic i guess

for my great songs or movies or whatever greatness done, depending on my mood that minute ;)

:rollin:

This is why I have zero interests in meeting celebrities even Lana. Just give me the music and cool music videos, and thank you very much. I live in New York and have seen some big name celebrities in Madison Ave and Soho. I never go up to them or say anything. I look at them for a minute without them noticing and walk on. I prefer living in the fantasy of what they might be like then what they are like because most times they will never live up to the image that you have of them, not even Lana.

Thanks for sharing this. I don't think you acted poorly or were treated poorly. She took your photo instead of just handing it back, which seems significant to me, also asking "How are you?" later might have been a serious question or shown some conflict in her. The more interesting issue for me is, if I were to meet her *casually* (i.e., not with a bunch of people with whom she's taking pictures), what would I say to acknowledge the fact I was meeting her as well as break the ice? You sort of chose a perfomative icebreaker, and in view of your experience, I'd say something more complimentary about her work (preferably her most recent work), and maybe something to encourage her to keep doing what she's doing. It may be implied by "dreaming to meet her", and I dream about that too, but usually end up disintegrating into a pile of white ash before saying anything. However, saying so does not give a concrete fact about why you dream to meet her. So for instance, I would mention how much I like HM and say how my 3 favorite tracks (which I'd mention by title) were some of my favorites from all of her many songs (which in my case would be a true statement). I might also mention that I have so many favorites of hers that the concept of favorite is totally fucked up with respect to her. I don't know if this would have encouraged a more interesting conversation or not, but it might have elevated her mood. However, even if the conversation went well, you still probably wouldn't have gotten a picture, because the establishment was obviously frowning on it (I'm agreeing with @@HawaiianTropic about outside forces at work). Allowing such pictures, which could be tweeted or instagrammed, might discredit the establishment from being a sanctuary for celebrities from fans (and paparazzi), and might hurt their business, but note that LDR taking a picture (or her friend taking it, whom I'm guessing was female?) would not be a case of that.

This was the friend!!!!!! What the fuck!!!!!!!! Haha.

This was the friend Lana was having lunch with. This is the same Cabana Cafe seats & plants in the background. And the slightly crimped hair. I am so glad I have a picture now of what she looked like this day so I'll never forget.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGX0yJBHiMt/?taken-by=mediumfleur

I can't add photos from my iPad so here's the link. Lana posted about her on both accounts.

BVT4uKe.jpg