Sign in to follow this  
Wryta Thinkpiece

Ariana & the Rose

“What I’m going for is a more ‘real’ aesthetic than most pop artists,” she says, citing Florence and the Machine and Marina and the Diamonds as set-ups she admires. “I grew up loving singer-songwriters with attitude such as Fiona Apple and Ingrid Michaelson, but I also loved the synths and sexiness of Goldfrapp and Santigold. I spent time oscillating between the two genres before deciding where to land. Now I’ve found a way to create synthpop with proper instrumentation that, melodically and lyrically, comes from a singer-songwriter place.”

YES STAN

She also spent 2012 in “artistic development”, refining her skills as a pianist, composer and singer with her mentor, Vera Tisheff.  Then she collaborated with producers David Kahne (Lana Del Rey, New Order) and Greg “Smash Mouth” Camp.

fuck

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

Anyway of getting the Love Me, Love Me Not EP? SoundCloud is refusing to let me do anything. 

i saved all 6 tracks, lemme know if you need them and i'll pm them to you ^-^

EDIT: Managed to get SoundCloud rips. They're 128kps but it's better than not having a copy on my hard-drive. 

i asked a couple people that reviewed her back in 2013 if they had an hq copy of the ep, fingers crossed !!

i have heart vs head in hq if you need that as well btw

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

i saved all 6 tracks, lemme know if you need them and i'll pm them to you ^-^

i asked a couple people that reviewed her back in 2013 if they had an hq copy of the ep, fingers crossed !!

i have heart vs head in hq if you need that as well btw

Thanks! The copies I have again are 128kps. It's so strange how she keeps getting rid of legitimately good EPs, it's so hard trying to track down good copies  :deadbanana:

redline