TRENCH

The Orlando Terrorist Attack 6/12/2016

Condolences again to the friends and familes of both Christina Grimmie and the 50 people who died and the others injured, and all the other people personally affected by it and those who are now going to react a little different going to show and out for the night.

I don't believe in coincidences.

The clubs were minutes apart.

Did the killer last night (even if he had been planning it in his mind), somehow get the idea at this time, seeing how easy it was to get a gun in a club

a few blocks away?

For those not from the US and not familiar with Florida, it is a really big state and the USA a really big place.

Yet two shootings in 3 days at clubs that are for entertainment and having a good time?

As there is nothing to suggest, and police say that the horrible death of Christina is not connected officially, it boggles the mind to think that coincidentally in the same moments in time, someone happens to pick a club so close. And use guns.

Also, for all we know, at Christina's show, many more could have been hurt, if not for her brother tackling him and then somehow he shot himself.

What are the connections-

sorry folks, but the connection is the guns and the bullets and the easy access to them, and the easy way they can be bought in one state, put in a car

and bought into any state at all, even the ones like NY or California that have great gun control laws, (as one cannot stop a vehicle and search without some sort of reason, so if a "bad person" drives without being nervous, and has nothing wrong with the car, they freely can move from point A to b to c to d, etc.

YES, it is the guns.

They can be taken off the streets (if not fully rid of), but it needs more security machines to know someone has one, and the more important point is-

because of guns being so legal, and in states like Florida almost anyone can have a concealed weapon (but not California or NY), how then does one

tell the good guys from the bad guys?

I would personally rather be safe than sorry. I don't see in the modern age any reason for anyone to have guns and bullets.

and more people want something done, but the NRA is the #1 loudest corporate lobby group and until recently, no one fought or mentioned their name

so they had the forum all to themselves. But it is changing.

But I do think this guy, be it he hated Gays and it was a hate crime, or it is fundamentalist , either way hate is hate and it took guns to kill.

Easy access to guns.

(yes the NRA folks will shout out, it could be knives, cars, etc, but nothing so surely kills like guns, and from remembering what they said about

John Lennon, the bullets are made to kill. Not injure but to kill.

Makes me sick.

and also that more than 1/2 the country wants something done, and a smaller amount won't budge, and that group has the power at this very moment.

(the house of representatives, Senate and the 4 conservative Supreme Court Judges

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Omar Mateen’s father said the attack was not influenced by religion, and apologizes for his son’s actions http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/orlando-nightclub-shooting-gunman-omar-mateen-father-apologises-florida-death-toll-a7078116.html

Omar Mateen’s ex-wife reveals that Omar had a history of violence and was very abusive towards her, often beating her when he came home. She also adds that he wasn’t very religious https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/ex-wife-of-suspected-orlando-shooter-he-beat-me/2016/06/12/8a1963b4-30b8-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

We should blame both islamism and this stupid second amendment. The US might be the first world power but it is WAY behind some other countries in areas such as healthcare, education, security, etc. Mass shootings are becoming so common in the US that it makes me worry about my sister's safety. You guys HAVE to do something about it.

ok but after all the times her name has been in the news I didn't think it would be that hard to spell her fucking name right... It's disrespectful Jesus Christ
the girl was shot and killed outside her own concer I think spelling her name correctly gives her life the respect she deserves

Jaque, get over it

EotAQlJ.jpg

We should blame both islamism and this stupid second amendment. The US might be the first world power but it is WAY behind some other countries in areas such as healthcare, education, security, etc. Mass shootings are becoming so common in the US that it makes me worry about my sister's safety. You guys HAVE to do something about it.

Jaque, get over it

Did you not just read the article stating it wasn't religious but personal belief about gays???? Also why not use the proper term islamic extremists? If guns weren't so available none of this would have happened

The father supports the Afghan Taliban. The killer himself pledged allegence to ISIS. Once again Islam =/= Islamism. You are embarassing yet you call people ignorant or islamophobic... Wake up...

All of you try not to offend Islamic people but in reality political correctness has overcome your thoughts.

This is like the second or third time Limelights has shown his blatant islamophobia on the boards like really how is he still able to post here freely

From what I remember Islam and Islamism are not the same thing, so can you shut the fuck up. And I'd just like to remind you that Isis is called "ISLAMIC STATE IN IRAQ AND THE LEVANT". I'll stop now because I had a long day and should waste any more of my time on a cunt like you. If the mods have to give me warning points than let it be for calling you fucking retarded cunt and not for this islamophobia shit.

EotAQlJ.jpg

From what I remember Islam and Islamism are not the same thing, so can you shut the fuck up. And I'd just like to remind you that Isis is called "ISLAMIC STATE IN IRAQ AND THE LEVANT". I'll stop now because I had a long day and should waste any more of my time on a cunt like you. If the mods have to give me warning points than let it be for calling you fucking retarded cunt and not for this islamophobia shit.

.....god

The father supports the Afghan Taliban. The killer himself pledged allegence to ISIS. Once again Islam =/= Islamism. You are embarassing yet you call people ignorant or islamophobic... Wake up...

Whatever the deal surrounding the dude's beliefs is doesn't really matter tbh. He's dead, people say things they don't actually believe to make a point, and the chances of knowing what the deal was with 100% certainty is relatively slim. For the time being you should be focusing on the fact that so many people died, not trying to politicize the issue. If you can't sympathize, fine, but then be fucking patient and save your argument for a few days so people can have time to reflect in peace.

On a separate note I'd like to point out that the queer community is banned from donating blood and thus can't participate in the blood drives being held to help the victims. Literally everything about this is such fucking bullshit.

qpgosw.jpg

My best friend came back from a holiday in Tel Aviv a few days ago. When he landed in Frankfurt, there was a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv in an area he frequented. Last night we were out here and when we woke up we read the news about 50 gay men being killed in a club.

I really have lost this feeling of being secure in a club now. Just like that. 

I don't wanna put my family and friends through the things that the family and friends of the victims are going through right now and I don't wanna see my friends in danger because they just wanted to go out.

This is a seriously messed up world we are living in.

in all reality.. i do think muslim beliefs do play into this.. just as many faiths islam(doctrine) has shitty opinions about gay people.. i think its a stretch to say they did not come into play when the shooter decided to attack.. Obviously you cannot fully blame the religion, or all parts of the religion, because A. TONS of people follow the same region and have never hurt a fly.. B. bc everyone has the individual choice on how to exercise their faith.. 

Basically.. this shooter had a personal vendetta against gays, on top of that he may have felt even more compelled due to religious material (but that really just affected him as any philosophical text can and does) it seems to me he chose to use both as a way of hurting people.. the point still remains tho.. if he truly cared about following the true rules of his faith. he wouldn't have done shit during ramadan .. i think thats the point some people are trying to make.. 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

One hour ago one of the major French newspapers had said Isis had claimed the attack (just checked and they changed it) + you guys were talking about it on the first page. I never blamed Islam, hence why I said "islamism + the second amendment (if guns were not easily obtainable this wouldn't have happened even if he doesn't like gays). And you people should stop with this "political correct" bullshit, who cares if some people get triggered because of a word?

But anyways, I send my thoughts to the families and hopefully this will actually change something in the country

EotAQlJ.jpg

Agree with @graham on this. Put a banana in front of a monkey what will he do?

This is terrorism. This is so so bad. Guns were bought LEGALLY! a few days before this incident they are reporting.

FBI investigated him in the past.. how the fuck can he legally buy a AR15? Ridiculous.

Extremist Islamic beliefs + weapons of mass destruction = pure evil deeds. Simple.

Agree with Graham above on these weapons being considered 'weapons of mass destruction', just add up all the

killings. Fucking disgusted by this bullshit. God please remove all free will from the evil doers.

RIP all at Orlando.

Can we all just agree Isis doesn't speak for Muslims, the same way the KKK doesn't speak for Christians. Cause it's literally the same fucking thing. There's idiotic people who pick and choose parts of a religion and even twist it in ways it never was, and you've got to be really ignorant to think that one person speaks for the world. If Christians truly followed their religion they'd be cutting off their wives hands after cheating, stoning gays, and lots of other disgusting shit that's clearly in their roots. I may be an atheist, but I don't get a kick out of stereotyping people. Google a fucking group that's been around for thousands of years before you decide to slander it. What happened was fucking disgusting and I pray for all the families who lost innocent lives. Don't taint this mourning with the little info you've got from racist news sources ran by white men who want the world against Islam just so they could start wars in foreign countries to obtain oil and valuable resources. Yes Isis needs to be stopped, but don't think for a second that they speak for all Muslims. Don't forget American's past isn't too pretty, but then again they said "sorry" so we're supposed to just push 200+ years of slavery and sadism under the carpet. I agree guns do need to be gone completely from the states, for normal people AND police. To wrap this all up, can we all just get closer instead of pushing each other farther away?

How do you manage to blame the gun legislation before Islamism... I don't get it.

How do we not manage to blame Christianity for the majority of terrorist attacks in the US? There's been double the terrorist attacks from right-winged Christian extremist and up until last night, more deaths from Christians. Why do we not hold their religion accountable?  Because religious and racial bigotry has programmed us to blame people people who don't look or think like us. Americans view the actions of white male Christian extremist as isolated instances over and over and over again, but expect the entire religion of Islam to be held accountable for the actions of a few. 

@@comeintomybedroom

How do we not manage to blame Christianity for the majority of terrorist attacks in the US? There's been double the terrorist attacks from right-winged Christian extremist and up until last night, more deaths from Christians. Why do we not hold their religion accountable?  Because religious and racial bigotry has programmed us to blame people people who don't look or think like us. Americans view the actions of white male Christian extremist as isolated instances over and over and over again, but expect the entire religion of Islam to be held accountable for the actions of a few. 

@@comeintomybedroom

this tea. mmmm