Dominikx4

Lana @ Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland on 13th of July 2016

Hi everyone, I'm gonna be there and in Locarno as well.

I will go live with periscope on wednesday, when the show starts. @drewmarmont

So looking forward to see her back in Switzerland. 

CW

Gonna be in Locarno as well. Gonna start waiting in front of the venue at around 8 am.

image.png

Lana already played at Montreux Jazz once in 2012 (i was there), she definitely knows how legendary it is. i mean, Smoke on the Water is about it!

I forgot or maybe just didn't even know she had played this venue! 

Here's National Anthem from 2012.

But this time around she's at a higher position and less intimate venue, the Stravinski Auditorium. Same place Muse, ZZ Top, Neil Young, Herbie Hancock, and PJ Harvey are playing at the festival. Interesting how the festival has diversified over the years.

@@slang yeah, she was at the Miles Davis Hall the last time, which only holds about 1500. the Stravinski Auditorium's max capacity is around 4000, iirc.

i'm lucky to live right next to Montreux, bc Montreux Jazz is probably my favorite festival. it's very different from any other festival i've ever been to, because it's basically a bunch of different venues - some paying, some free - in the part of the city that's near the lake, including shows in boats, pool parties and open air gigs in parks. and then you have lots of food/drink stands and an artisan market along this walk by the lake, so even people who aren't going to any concert can enjoy the ambiance of the festival.

Great!! Hopefully you get a nice spot in the crowd :flutter:

To the people who are going, try asking her about her next album

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

To the people who are going, try asking her about her next album

I doubt people will even have time or chance to ask her how she is considering how busy her festival tour is.

But I would die for new info about the album and I hope she pulls a honeymoon and sings it at one of the shows. :worship:

Gonna be in Locarno as well. Gonna start waiting in front of the venue at around 8 am.

How are you going to stand there for 12 hours :O and is that the only way to get into the front row in her shows?

How are you going to stand there for 12 hours :O and is that the only way to get into the front row in her shows?

Well yeah, we went there at 9 and there were already around 15 people waiting before us

image.png

Well yeah, we went there at 9 and there were already around 15 people waiting before us

Wow so did you guys have to take a lot of food with you or do they serve it there?