CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 96d 22h 17m 42s

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

So after travelling 2200 km to see Lana live in Montreux I'm finally back home. I'm still processing what I saw/ heard - because all in all this was the best concert I've ever been to (and I attended A LOT of gigs over the past 20 years). I Ioved every minute of it - the sound was amazing; it's so cool to hear some of the older songs with this psychedelic rock vibe. The overall atmosphere was really magic, I felt like in a dream. And Lanas voice was incredible, especially with the more quiet songs and especially especially at Salvatore and Yayo! The Honeymoon songs were stunning too, I loved "Honeymoon" (even better than the already awesome BBC live version - almost shoegaze-like guitars), and "Freak" sounded like a real drug trip (even without the drugs :) ). And as some of you noticed already Lana seemed really happy and to enjoy the show too.

Some random thoughts:

- Her short acapella rendition of Salvatore was cute as hell. Lana is the only artist I can think of where I'd love to hear an entire concert just her singing, without any band playing in the backgound.

- Please bring on a live album/DVD Lana!

- Some of the BTD songs sounded so heavy/guitardriven, I dug that a lot! "Off to the races" was a killer.

- The gig would've been even better if she had included a few more HM or UV-songs instead of the old BTD stuff imho. And it would be fantastic if some day she would play those two albums completely.

- It's a shame "Serial killer" never got a proper release - it's such an amazing song, especially live.

- The Auditorium Stravinski is a cool venue - you can see the lake and the mountains from the foyer.

- Lana is the best(est). :)

• slang, leaked_version, Elle and 8 others like this

#142 ONLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

Don't know if this clip of Salvatore is already posted but here the recorded quality of her singing voice is perfect (on most YT-videos from this show the sound is unbearable crappy):

EDIT. This one's even better:

• leaked_version, Masochism, guardian and 2 others like this

#143 OFFLINE   Lona Delery

Lona Delery

Fine China

• Topic Starter
  • Supporters 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Fan Since:31st December 2014

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

Delete pls
  • leaked_version, kik, SoftcoreBabyface and 6 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#144 OFFLINE   kik

kik

Lucididididididididity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMontréal
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 138d 18h 55m 2s

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

I'm dying ffs only 15 days left before she comes to my city, this is exactly the kind of atmosphere I like, the audience was good, the acoustic too, she seems glad to be there. Did she felt confident during her performance overall? I have the impression she's a bit nervous with Salvatore, it's understandable. Did she ask the audience if they wanted to hear a specific song or did people in the audience just started to shout "Salvatore"?

I so wanted her to sing Yayo one day! In my mind, she was alone on the stage with Blake, both sitting in a stool and him playing the acoustic guitar. She's playing it which is 10X better (Of course I know Blake is a better guitarist, but you get what I mean). It's in my top 3 song of hers, I thought she would never play guitar because of the nails but she understood music>glam.

Thank you everyone who share their experience with words, it's very interesting to me!

#145 ONLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:57 AM

Here's another HD clip from Montreux, this time the closing song "Off to the races". The guitar is really superb. And Lana's voice too. :)

• longtimeman, guardian, gloomyharlow and 2 others like this

#146 ONLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Did she ask the audience if they wanted to hear a specific song or did people in the audience just started to shout "Salvatore"?

The latter. Maybe my favorite moment of the entire gig. :)

• kik likes this

#147 OFFLINE   longtimeman

longtimeman

This is an invitation, it's not a threat.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Fan Since:23/11/2013
  • Time Online: 290d 23h 20m 56s

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:13 AM

This is probably the best the band have ever looked and sounded - arrangement and performance wise. I really hope we get a properly filmed show from this tour.

• CatchTheBreeze likes this

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

#148 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 18d 21h 30m

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Great jazzy version of Yayo and High by the beach and especially like Ride (also from Moscow)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#149 ONLINE   Tristesse

Tristesse

diméthyltryptamine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationNorth-East France
  • Time Online: 149d 14h 32m 55s

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

She is so impressive. She's sounding the best ever. Yayo was flawless in every way  :icant:

"Bucarest est une belle ville où il semble se mêler l'Orient et l'Occident..."

#150 OFFLINE   analwinterofmylife

analwinterofmylife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Time Online: 121d 2h 1m 51s

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Spoiler

So I've been watching a lot of lanas live performances from recently. The guitar is slaying me. When I saw her in 2014 the guitar was super Rocky.. it wasn't as much during EST. but I'm glad to see she's going back to that vibe. 

I'm in love with the guitar and bass on Lolita and off to the races. And freak too. The guitar makes it sound a lot more dark and haunting in my opinion. Freak live kind of reminds me of how maybe a crime show intro should sound XD   But anyways. Totally same I'm loving the guitar I think about it so much. 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

#151 ONLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

Another video in quite good quality from her Montreux gig was just uploaded (the sound's a bit weak):

• cheaptrailertrashglm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users