Dominikx4

New Lana Del Rey interview in Switzerland

So a tabloid paper here got an exclusive interview from Lana aftet her show in Locarno.

Heres the link http://www.blick.ch/people-tv/musik/exklusiv-interview-mit-superstar-lana-del-rey-31-ich-komme-definitiv-in-die-schweiz-zurueck-id5270728.html

And here is my translation:

BLICK: You only rarely give interviews. Why?

Lana Del Rey: I got misunderstood a lot in the past. By now, I let the music speak for itself and I hope, that it spreads as far as possible without me telling my own opinion about it.

In the past, you were often nervous prior to your shows. Is it still like that?

Not anymore. My life only circles around music by now, so concerts feel really natural now.

You performed in the entire world. Where is it the most beautiful to do so?

I love coastal cities, like Monaco or Portofino in Italy. I also really like Montreux, where I peformed on thursday. The Lake of Geneva is beautiful. I am happy, that I am able to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world during this tour: Athens, St-Tropez - and now Locarno of course.

How do you spend your time when you're not on tour?

I am writing songs. I work mostly at home with a producer, Rick Nowles. He lives really close to the beach. From time to time, I go swimming. Or I visit different towns along the south-californian shore. I also like to got to concerts. I'm in Los Angeles at least once per week and go watch a band perform that I like.

What inspires you?

Happiness of all sorts. It is also inspirational to have the realization to be completly free and to spend the everyday life just was I want it to. I spend a lot of time out in the nature, for example I go hiking in the mountains, I watch theater plays or attend poetry readings. I like creative people. If I then have an idea for a song, I mostly record it immediately with my phone. Later, I go to the producer and sing the melody acapella for him.

How would your life be like, if you didn't have your breakthrough in 2012 with your song "Video Games?

I still remember exactly when I decided to become a singer. I was in college and we did an excursion to an indian reservation. I realized then, that there were two options for me: music, or volunteer work for a good cause. I went for music. If this hadn't worked out, I'd probably be in some smalltown doing community work.

What has changed since you became famous?

I can't go out alone often anymore. That's annoying. But I can do what I love: Earning my coins by singing.

When are you the happiest?

When I just finished an amazing tour and I can work on a new album again. I love to observe how something final can emerge from a vision, how words shape a song. But I also have a fulfilling life apart from music. I meet friends and I like to go eat in a restaurant in late evening during summer.

Where do you see yourself in 30 years?

How would I know! But I will definitely come back to Switzerland to see Montreux and Locarno again. I really liked it here!

The interview was held by letter.

image.png

She's so down to earth! I love that she seems so inspired and reinvigorated by the arts. And her life really does seem fulfilling! Wish tha paps would leave the good sis alone tho :crossed:

"I am writing songs. I work mostly at home with a producer, Rick Nowles." Lana pls :toofunny:

I still remember exactly when I decided to become a singer. I was in college and we did an excursion to an indian reservation. I realized then, that there were two options for me: music, or volunteer work for a good cause. I went for music. If this hadn't worked out, I'd probably be in some smalltown doing community work.

So now we know

What has changed since you became famous?

I can't go out alone often anymore. That's annoying. But I can do what I love: Earning my coins by singing.

I wasn't expecting that :lmao: