sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

The only problem I got with AKA is the cover art! Chuck is screwing Lana since day 1  :eek:

But at the end of the day is Lizzy the one deciding/choosing the art direction... sooo it's mostly her bad taste. I doubt Chuck forces her to use her art tbh

The only problem I got with AKA is the cover art! Chuck is screwing Lana since day 1  :eek:

i have a love for it now, but only because i'm so used to it -- otherwise, AKA deserved a MUCH better and more dynamic cover

even the kill kill EP cover is miles better: 

7463killkill_cover.jpg

o4qjp4j.png

where is this? i need to rearrange my AKA tracklist ASAP

he never released the whole thing!!! he only said that FKP2 was track 1, Kill Kill was track 9, and Mermaid Motel was track 13 :defeated: 

i'm dying to know the rest!!!! i feel like that tracklist is the one the album would've had if it were released in '09 like originally planned, so it's kind of a headscratcher as to why they switched it up

o4qjp4j.png

ugh eclipse leak it

i go thru phases with this record where i dont listen to it at all, or its all i want to listen to. it is incredibly unique, in lana's discog and in MUSIC overall. it's deserty roadtrip music, its strip club music, its cry yourself to sleep folk music, its jazzy, its dancey, it tells a strong sonic narrative that tbh i think only happens on the same elevated level in Honeymoon. all i fokken want is an official physical release, i'm so afraid of ruining my bootleg :toofunny:

exactly  :crying: you said that so well

i love this album so much -- it's really hard to ever find the words for it and the impact its had on me!!!!!! it's defo such an anomaly just in general that it's so hard to classify/compare/describe it

o4qjp4j.png

he never released the whole thing!!! he only said that FKP2 was track 1, Kill Kill was track 9, and Mermaid Motel was track 13 :defeated:

i'm dying to know the rest!!!! i feel like that tracklist is the one the album would've had if it were released in '09 like originally planned, so it's kind of a headscratcher as to why they switched it up

I believe in a now-deleted thread awhile back Eclipse revealed other tracks. They asked fans to try to guess the original tracklist and a fan got it right but they didn't reveal who guessed correctly. I'll try to look for it

R5sPD4M.jpg

I believe in a now-deleted thread awhile back Eclipse revealed other tracks. They asked fans to try to guess the original tracklist and a fan got it right but they didn't reveal who guessed correctly. I'll try to look for it

It was on twitter!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

If you ever find it, please let me know!!!! I only saw where he revealed those three tracks, and I'm so eager to hear the rest :dmd:

o4qjp4j.png

Going to listen in that order. I can already hear the flute or whatever instrument at the start of For K Part 2 makes sense as the opener

For what it's worth I think the official tracklist is perfect the way it is. The epicness of Kill Kill and Yayo would be lost not being the opening and closing tracks

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey