sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

THANK YOU

Going to listen in that order. I can already hear the flute or whatever instrument at the start of For K Part 2 makes sense as the opener

For what it's worth I think the official tracklist is perfect the way it is. The epicness of Kill Kill and Yayo would be lost not being the opening and closing tracks

fuck yes!!!!! thank u so much I've been eagerly waiting for this to come out

this order makes so much sense......the flavor........

Do you guys still have the og tracklist? The tweet was deleted.

Do you guys still have the og tracklist? The tweet was deleted.

It’s on Lanapedia! Link: https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Lana_Del_Ray_(album)

If she doesn’t rerelease at least digitally for its 10th anniversary I’m suing her

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

This is such a beautiful album. Lana at her kookiest and most raw. It’s a shame so many fans don’t count this one just because it’s out of print. In many ways, I also find it the album most sonically similar to NFR. And it probably has some of my favourite lyrics of hers. I hope she is able to rerelease it someday, but if not, at least we all still know about it and can enjoy it. I’m also very grateful that it was unofficially pressed to vinyl so I can still enjoy it that way.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This is such a beautiful album. Lana at her kookiest and most raw. It’s a shame so many fans don’t count this one just because it’s out of print. In many ways, I also find it the album most sonically similar to NFR. And it probably has some of my favourite lyrics of hers. I hope she is able to rerelease it someday, but if not, at least we all still know about it and can enjoy it. I’m also very grateful that it was unofficially pressed to vinyl so I can still enjoy it that way.

I don't know if the majority of fans discount AKA or not, but I do grate my teeth and get upset whenever I run across retrospective review articles about LDR, by "professional" critics, that refer to AKA as either a) a failure, or b) conventional pop. It seems to happen, at least occasionally, and as soon as I see it, I discount the critics' other views (even if I agree with them). Also, just to show a variety of impressions when comparing LDR's albums, I see NFR as closer to May Jailer (albeit with monster production chops) and AKA as more similar to LFL (because of the genre-slipstreaming in both). Finally, "... hope she is able to rerelease it someday" maybe should have been worded "... hope she is *willing* to rerelease it someday". I mean she took it off the market, so it stands to reason she can put it back on. I've got two posts (page 1 & 2, this thread) on the re-release topic.

Happy 10th Birthday! This is my favorite Lana album and it means a lot to me. It's filled with nostalgic and beautiful songs and every track has a purpose. This album and honestly the Lizzy Grant era has always spoken to me the most. I'm so grateful we have this album, and that we also have a look into this time of her life and musical career, it's such a treasure to me <3 Happy Birthday AKA  :party:  :hae:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I would never remember such a special birthday if it wasn't for Lanaboards. Def. gonna give it a spin now.

Pawn Shop Blues probably one of my favorite songs of all time. Reading the first page was such a rollercoaster... and to imagine that now we have Mermaid Motel demo and Brite Lites (Steven version) lol.

Happiest birthday to this gem! To think about the long way she took to shape this album, the first chapter of the vivid and rich world she created, just makes me feel all emotional again!  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: Let's listen to celebrate it!  :gclap:  :party:  :gclap:

Highkey wished she did the same homage she did with Born To Die's birthday  :hooker: 

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

time for leakers to leak all the outtakes and demos for this xoxo 

all i want is LMH 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I listened to the whole album earlier today, making sure I really listen to each track. Such a gorgeous album, every track is so diverse and special and I think that is what gives this record it's charm. Every song is different yet it still manages to be cohesive. I think David Kahne really brought out the best in her, and her vision. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix