guardian

twenty one pilots

this tea is burining, im sure i'll get dragged but no one can convince me they're great artists when they make fake deep and edgy music marketed towards 15 year old girls who get offended if you make a joke about their "smol beans" even there fan base name gives me a migraine

twenty one pilots remind me of the beatles

they have several radio hits that are not bad so everyone thinks they're great when in reality they're mediocre with songs that sound the same and have horrid fanbases

tea

Melanie%2BMartinez%2B-%2BPacify%2BHer.gi

ummmm. theses new songs.. throw me off. i’m all in for a new sound (why i stan lana so hard ((but she does it right)))) but this is just.... um. yeah i’m not digging it

yeah exactly, like the sounds of self titled to RAB to vessel and then to Blurryface all were good transitions but this stuff just feels like they missed

xMcVPI7.jpg

Copy and paste of my analysis of Nico and the Niners from this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/twentyonepilots/comments/8y68dd/fan_theory_tyler_and_josh_are_both_emulating/

As stated from the beginning of the anticipated single from TOP, "east is up." Therefore, west must be down. Down = low(er). It is also stated that that he is "higher when [he] is lower". He is higher because modern technology has given him (personified Western civilization) the higher ground.

The razor blades mentioned in the song are not being used on himself but rather on those that he wants to control. Although, he states "not yet" as if he is unsure of this method of approach given that he has much greater technology at his disposal, guns. Nico and the Niners is the name of his platoon that he orders at the end of the song to "fire," presumably at those that he wants to oppress.

Dema is old English for "judge". In the song, he's cutting ties with the judge (Dema) by stating that "Dema don't control us." By cutting ties witht the judge, a symbol for moral temperament/overseeing, he is abandoning human morality in order to enable him (Western civilization) to colonize other civilization with a "lighter" burden.

Christianity being a major accomplice to Western imperialism allows for other lyrics to fall into place within this theory. The bishops (Church) know that "Dema doesn't control us," but God does. Therefore, they can relinquish their own moral compass in order to let God (Manifest Destiny) take control. East is up, like heaven. Like heaven, the "east" is what the imperialist are most driven to attain/reach.

Anyways, I hope my fan theory sparks some interests. I'm still having trouble interpreting the "jumpsuits" and "rebel clothes" but I would love to hear about what you guys think!

Also, i feel so bad that theyre facing the same criticism that any Alternative artist gets once the hit the spotlight, just from gaining radio play. I dont think ill ever stop being a fan, but it just sucks that i cant talk about them anymore without people saying "oh my god Twenty Pilots try TOO hard to be indie" like jesus calm down

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

you're both real funny lmao, if you don't like them get tf off the thread if you aren't gonna contribute to the discussion and stop being childish 

ANYWAYS, these songs were NOT it solely because the lyrical content, they sounded good but I just can't help but feel like tyler is getting a little lazy with the lyrics and just hiding behind these concepts. self-titled to vessel was his prime, now it just feels like it's gone downhill since then

I AM TIRED OF SEEIN IT, SO, K THANKS....

AND I CAN CONTRIBUTE....

21 PILOTS IS TRASH!

21 PILOTS ARE THE NEW NICKLEBACK.

THESE LYRICS ARE FOR WANNABE EMO POSERS.

THESE BEATS AREN'T SICK.

Y'ALL SHOULD LISTEN TO BLINK 182 INSTEAD.....THEY HAVE ALIENS 

:)

CASHED.

140i3xs.gif

e1s11.gif

I AM TIRED OF SEEIN IT, SO, K THANKS....

AND I CAN CONTRIBUTE....

21 PILOTS IS TRASH!

21 PILOTS ARE THE NEW NICKLEBACK.

THESE LYRICS ARE FOR WANNABE EMO POSERS.

THESE BEATS AREN'T SICK.

Y'ALL SHOULD LISTEN TO BLINK 182 INSTEAD.....THEY HAVE ALIENS 

:)

CASHED.

140i3xs.gif

omg you're actually annoying as fuck i wish could to block people on here lmaooo

ugh their minds! the aesthetics for this era is great.. i was already sick of the "oWooo red/black blUrRyfAcE" era

I like how much detail is being put into thought,  and that  Jumper is the continuation of (one of their best songs no tea) Heavydirtsoul 

their out of the black into the blue yellow "Get Free" era is incoming 

ugh their minds! the aesthetics for this era is great.. i was already sick of the "oWooo red/black blUrRyfAcE" era

I like how much detail is being put into thought,  and that  Jumper is the continuation of (one of their best songs no tea) Heavydirtsoul 

their out of the black into the blue yellow "Get Free" era is incoming

Taste

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Post this on the Poppy thread, then youll have my support