Cashew

Poppy

My thoughts:

This is obviously the album of the year. Pop perfection like this is rare.

I’m Poppy - 8/10 - the beat goes off, the whole robot voice thing is funny, I love how her vocals are edited

Let’s Make A Video - 10/10 - possibly my fav on the whole record, it’s such a BOP, the production is so cute and fun to dance to, I love the melody

Bleach Blonde Baby - 9/10 - the best written song on here, I love the lyrics, the melody is so dreamy, that key change takes me PLACES

My Microphone - 9/10 - the craziest song on the record, that guitar riff is great, production/vocals give me such VIBES, pre-chorus is so unexpected and perfect, and that bridge switch up...I LIVED. “Oh there it is” actually made me lol on first listen

Moshi Moshi - 9/10 - what a cute song, the melody is great, I love the drawn out ending where they keep building layers of vocals and hooks. I love how it’s about being “beyond living like the typical girls” it’s a sweet, powerful sentiment. And that GUITAR SOLO OMG. I love how it works in lots of musical elements found in j-pop without turning into one of those tacky American-wannabe-Japanese songs

Computer Boy - 8/10 - this song is so fucking crazy, all the key changes and shit have me SHOOK. I love how the lyrics are like holding up a mirror to modern-day culture in this twisted, funny, absurd way. Such a great pop song. Love the creepy spoken word bit too lol

My Style - 8/10 - what a BOP! Love how it strays away from intense-electro-pop for a little and is built off that simple drum beat, nice way to switch things up. The synths that come in are rly cute, I love the melody too. It gives me serious “hittin the town with my bitches, gettin our nails did and shit” vibes. I have to say in the grand-scheme of the album it’s the one kinda lull song, but I love it on its own

Fuzzy - 9/10 - THIS ONE IS SUCH A POWER POP ANTHEM! I feel like we haven’t gotten a song like this since Bonnie McKee’s American Girl, pop these days is all about being low key but songs like these are what I miss! What a chorus omg

Interweb - 9/10 - this really is the unexpected, late-album BOP isn’t it. It just makes me wanna DANCE, the production gives me such vibes. Love what the lyrics say about relationships in the age of the Internet too. One of the deeper songs on the album 4 sure

Software Upgrade - 9/10 - this one is so lovable. Melodies are really cute, lyrics are clever, production is so futuristic-disco I love it. The “off and on” hook gets me EVERY TIME. Also I burst out laughing the first time I heard the “are u gay” lyric omg gay icon

Pop Music - 7/10 - def my least fav because I don’t love acoustic ballads, but I think it’s a rly sweet way to end the record. The lyrics sum up PERFECTLY how I feel about pop music, and those harmonies that come in are so other-worldly

So basically I’m as shook as a gay can be. I can’t believe I’m meeting her next month omg

that was never a real song, it was fanmade

It is a real song, Titanic lied in that tweet lel someone XCXposed it on discord

Titanic shouldn't be allowed to produce anymore of Poppy's music tbh, she sounded so much better on her earlier stuff.

the only songs he produced were Interweb, My Style, and pop music. The rest were by this Japanese guy called Dr. R

I will forever stand by that poppys new music is far superior to Bubblebath. Sure, it had some bops but they didn’t at all fit with what she was doing on YouTube, which was far more interesting imo. This new album has bops, and amazing production to match, as well as some subtle social commentary worked into the lyrics which I love. Any pop artist could’ve made Bubblebath, but this is something else. This is Poppy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the album for what is it, but I've been so disappointed in the direction that the Poppy project has taken. I don't know when the change happened, but I feel like somewhere the idea behind the project changed from making fun of pop music and pop culture to Poppy being a robot? Like idk did anyone else notice this or is it just me? Like the Bubblebath EP was generic pop music, but that was the whole point. This album is definitely unique, but I can't help but feel like it's a big change from the earlier Poppy. I still love her and can't wait to see her on tour though!

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the album for what is it, but I've been so disappointed in the direction that the Poppy project has taken. I don't know when the change happened, but I feel like somewhere the idea behind the project changed from making fun of pop music and pop culture to Poppy being a robot? Like idk did anyone else notice this or is it just me? Like the Bubblebath EP was generic pop music, but that was the whole point. This album is definitely unique, but I can't help but feel like it's a big change from the earlier Poppy. I still love her and can't wait to see her on tour though!

tbh same to an extent but i wouldnt mind the robot/computer boy stuff if the arg didnt just outright die a little while ago.  if they wanted to make it anything more than a basic pop satire then they shouldve figured out how to keep it running parallel to the poppy music stuff.  i dont even watch the videos anymore because its not like theres any point for the most part

the music still bops tho

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I think the main point is that Poppy and this "Character & sound" caught people's attention way better than Bubblebath did before. I mean, I was lurking on her page the other day and all her random tweets with hundred of replies + retweets and I was like...what???

Her videos are getting better and better. The ambient music is getting great, outfits and cinematography are crazier, Charlotte storyline is getting juicy. Even the videos that don’t really mean anything are fun to watch. The quality of the whole project has heightened so much since 2014, last year even

I don't like the robot thing as much as I liked the weird satanic illuminati figure they were going for around and after the time Bubblebath was released, even though that idea is so overdone and cliche and tryhard edgy you got the feeling there was something dark lurking behind Poppy's videos. Now they're just irreverent 

I couldn't get into Let's Make A Video when it first came out, same with Computer Boy but the night that P.C came out I decided to give it a listen and lord jesus this is an amazing album, I've been listening to it non stop since that day Nd whew.. the 80s instrumentals are so amazing - And her voice is really great.

OT: Fuzzy sounds like a Carly Rae bop * Love it

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

tbh same to an extent but i wouldnt mind the robot/computer boy stuff if the arg didnt just outright die a little while ago.  if they wanted to make it anything more than a basic pop satire then they shouldve figured out how to keep it running parallel to the poppy music stuff.  i dont even watch the videos anymore because its not like theres any point for the most part

the music still bops tho

what you're looking for sounds like mars argo/computer show

i want that back bring it back

what you're looking for sounds like mars argo/computer show

i want that back bring it back

nah i mean i love mars argo / computer show but it basically is the "we're doing weird stuff and fucking around" parts of poppy, which im not really all that into

both of their musical styles are good af tho

i mean the computer boy and plot related things, like turning it into a webseries as opposed to "random word repetition video (x15) and one 10 second clip of the plot"

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Album instrumentals leaked (a bit ago but no one posted so I figured I'd share) 

TjmiIK4.png

I woke up the other day to discover I'd bought the album whilst drunk  :toofunny:

There are some bops (My Style, Interweb) but most is mediocre at best, the Bubblebath EP was probably her peak 

I'm sorry, but My Microphone was one of the most annoying songs I've ever listened to. The rest of the album was okay, though. (except fuzzy my GOD i hate that song i dunno why)

interweb is a bop btw

Fuzzy is TRASH, the only track I can't listen to so I'm with you on that