Sign in to follow this  
AKASAKA SAWAYAMA

MIYNT

miynt_jun16_1024_727.jpg

She is just an another great artist from Sweden. Her debut single was out in 2015. This year she is releasing her debut EP (EP no 1) on September 16. Her longtime collabrator is Daniel Nigro, he has worked with Sky (Lost In My Bedroom, I Will, You're Not the One, I Blame Myself, Love in Stereo) So y'all better get into her because she is amazing!!

Releases

32105530_500_500.jpg

Civil War / Nick Drake 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qQ1WK7b_T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MXwrF5HZ-k

avatars-000232121041-hipzm4-t500x500.jpg

EP no 1 2016

follow her on twitter: https://twitter.com/itsmiynt

After listening to it, I can still say that I love EP No 1 and that it's definitly one of the musical highlights of 2016 for me.

The Deer Or The Hunter is perfection, the lyrics, the instrumental, the layered vocals and the lyrics create such an intense atmosphere of both comfort and longing at the same time.

Cool is a laid back summer track and After The Goldrush has this wonderful production and I love her vocal melody during the verses.

Birds is just a beautiful song.

The Strangest Game and You Were Never Too Much are both really cute songs but somehow they feel the least spectacular to me, maybe because they feel a bit like something that's already been done before.

Even though the Civil War/Nick Drake double single was nice, EP No 1 definitly beats it in my opinion, it has a much more defined sound and feels unique.

I hope we hear more from her in the near future, a 2017 album would be perfect (even though I'm not sure if her sound would be diverse enough for a full album at this point)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

After listening to it, I can still say that I love EP No 1 and that it's definitly one of the musical highlights of 2016 for me.

The Deer Or The Hunter is perfection, the lyrics, the instrumental, the layered vocals and the lyrics create such an intense atmosphere of both comfort and longing at the same time.

Cool is a laid back summer track and After The Goldrush has this wonderful production and I love her vocal melody during the verses.

Birds is just a beautiful song.

The Strangest Game and You Were Never Too Much are both really cute songs but somehow they feel the least spectacular to me, maybe because they feel a bit like something that's already been done before.

Even though the Civil War/Nick Drake double single was nice, EP No 1 definitly beats it in my opinion, it has a much more defined sound and feels unique.

I hope we hear more from her in the near future, a 2017 album would be perfect (even though I'm not sure if her sound would be diverse enough for a full album at this point)

a great quick review haha i really love her first singles tho

i don't think we will hear full album next year but i hope we hear more songsss

Just a quick question: how exactly is her name pronounced? Can't find any video where someone is talking about her/she herself is.

I creeped around her insta yesterday and found out she listens to U.S. Girls' track "Island Song" in one of her videos .... truly iconic!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Just a quick question: how exactly is her name pronounced? Can't find any video where someone is talking about her/she herself is.

I creeped around her insta yesterday and found out she listens to U.S. Girls' track "Island Song" in one of her videos .... truly iconic!

u can pronounce it like how can u read it?? idk how to explain

our girl has a vevo channel now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDmTHxdPhj8