PARADIXO

Lana Del Rey @ Corona Capital Festival

14022110_1179549112086388_79216082910569

The Killers, LCD Soundsystem, Lana Del Rey and Air were announced as headliners of Corona Capital, the biggest festival in Mexico.

Nov 19-20, 2016.

The line up and especially Lana are getting a lot of negative feedback already :ohno:

I've seen some criticism of poor Grimes, I don't listen to her but I feel she's energetic and something I might enjoy

Lana has hidden potential as a performer of her type but I feel for some reason she isn't showing that, perhaps it's the audience or maybe herself

I wish even if she chose not tot change the setlist to put more effort in her performance as in more active and engaged with crowd in hopes they give back

I feel as if the negative feedback will affect her career noticeably in the near future, I usually don't care much of how people perceive her but because of this I'm worried

The line up and especially Lana are getting a lot of negative feedback already :ohno:

the lineup is pretty awesome though I mean

Killers
LCD
Lana
Pet Shop Boys
HAIM
Galantis
Yeasayer
T&S
Edward Sharpe
Peter Bjorn and Jon
Alunageorge
Walk the Moon
Saint Motel
Lapsley
Marian Hill
Holychild

BzhmW.png

I've seen some criticism of poor Grimes, I don't listen to her but I feel she's energetic and something I might enjoy

Lana has hidden potential as a performer of her type but I feel for some reason she isn't showing that, perhaps it's the audience or maybe herself

I wish even if she chose not tot change the setlist to put more effort in her performance as in more active and engaged with crowd in hopes they give back

I feel as if the negative feedback will affect her career noticeably in the near future, I usually don't care much of how people perceive her but because of this I'm worried

This tour is getting positive reviews from critics actually.. it's just that the "macho culture" of Latin America is still alive and they're only expecting a line up full of male heavy metal bands. I must admit that the line up is kinda weak considering this is the biggest festival in Mexico though.

This tour is getting positive reviews from critics actually.. it's just that the "macho culture" of Latin America is still alive and they're only expecting a line up full of male heavy metal bands. I must admit that the line up is kinda weak considering this is the biggest festival in Mexico though.

There are some negative ones that put her flaws on stage on spotlight, I've been looking at comments and article and they have their share of criticism, while she has positive reviews on one hand the negative ones diverges and depending on her fellow line-ups some reviews get affected by comparison.

I thought Latin America crowds were more supportive of female artist though I'm unaware of the aspect of it

There are some negative ones that put her flaws on stage on spotlight, I've been looking at comments and article and they have their share of criticism, while she has positive reviews on one hand the negative ones diverges and depending on her fellow line-ups some reviews get affected by comparison.

I thought Latin America crowds were more supportive of female artist though I'm unaware of the aspect of it

Well, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay are less "macho" and are very supportive of women doing important stuff; winning a gold medal or headlining a festival. But yeah there's lots of sexism-related issues in Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, etc...

well i guess rih would have been a headliner if she didn't cancel her latin american leg ^^.

i don't know a lot of acts that are on the poster but i also don't really know much about mexican music in general.

i76mrxw.png 

Lana and the Pet Shop Boys at the same fest how cool

If only she and Neil did a duet some day

Seeing PSB the week before at MSG in NYC (though the smaller theatre not the main one) and in NJ

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I SCREAMED WHEN I GOT THE NOTIFICATION AT SCHOOL :oprah: I'M SEEING HER AGAIN

don't worry about that, mexican hipsters are truly the pits, they complain like that every single year

Btw, how do you know about the day she's performing? I haven't seen any schedules yet

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I SCREAMED WHEN I GOT THE NOTIFICATION AT SCHOOL :oprah: I'M SEEING HER AGAIN

don't worry about that, mexican hipsters are truly the pits, they complain like that every single year

Btw, how do you know about the day she's performing? I haven't seen any schedules yet

Había leído eso pero mejor espero a que se confirme. Felicidades btw :D

Había leído eso pero mejor espero a que se confirme. Felicidades btw :D

está bien, de todas maneras quiero comprar boletos para los dos días :defeated: gracias :oprah:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

There is a lot of negativity towards her on twitter, it's not late to cancel tho. I thought that she is liked in Mexico but the Spanish "aficionados" are the worst. She doesn't need any BS, her tour so far was sell received in most places. Why is she pushing these festivals tho?!

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Lolla line ups are announced in October.

Oh thx. 

There is a lot of negativity towards her on twitter, it's not late to cancel tho. I thought that she is liked in Mexico but the Spanish "aficionados" are the worst. She doesn't need any BS, her tour so far was sell received in most places. Why is she pushing these festivals tho?!

Srsly. shut up. You don't cancel just because trolls on Twitter post negative stuff. They are not her audience anyway. The people who wanna see her will show up.

If she canceled, you'd be the first to call her unprofessional.

I am surprised how my favourite performances on this tour were Off To The Races, Lolita, High By The Beach and Yayo. The songs that are uptempo are so refreshing to listen to. 

She removed Freak from her setlist, I hope starting from Ohana she adds something new or does a special announcement

But I'm not really anticipating for anything much

Wait, when did this happen

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif