Sign in to follow this  
Dua Lipa

Yes To Heaven

this is the only yes to heaven related thread i could find so i'll post it here:

what if she didn't end up releasing heaven because she didn't get the okay to use the sample which is basically the whole instrumental

as far as i know it's the only track out of fine china and ur gal which got reworked multiple times.

I'm shook. :hdu: And here I thought Lana came up with the melody by herself, it's so beautiful. :toofunny: Maybe she did but it feels too incredible since these are basically the same..

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

this is the only yes to heaven related thread i could find so i'll post it here:

what if she didn't end up releasing heaven because she didn't get the okay to use the sample which is basically the whole instrumental

as far as i know it's the only track out of fine china and ur gal which got reworked multiple times.

maybe im SHOOK .. My favorite song is a lie

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

omg i inherited a few of her albums from my parents but i never listened... i really liked that so i guess i’m on my way to stanhood now lmao

no surprise on lana’s behalf tho, and i don’t think it’s anything to get upset over either. i remember ppl saying about the neil stuff too so.. what i always wonder is that do artists just play a song for their producer and go “i want it to sound like that” ??? like how do they end up getting it so close lmao . but anyways i wonder if this kind of sound is what the og ultraviolence album was heavily influenced by?? before they reworked it and stuff. i bet it was supposed to sound like this or at least in lana’s head that’s what she wanted to do ?

UbsOye5.png

I remember when Yes To Heaven leaked Decemeber 24th 2016, I cried and thought about how the song was the climax for a 180 degree turn in the way I lived my life, it was such a dream. I never believed the lyrics to be in a romantic way, I imagened saying them to happiness, I imagined a better version of myself singing them to me "say yes to me" I'm crying right now just thinking about again

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

This song just came on shuffle for me and I came to this thread to comment exactly this  :hdu:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I actually discovered lana in 2019 ( I know, what a shame) and I haven't heard any unreleased songs except yes to heaven and is this happiness (which I absolutely love)

so maybe can someone give me some suggestions what to listen to first?

would really appreciate that:) 

10 minutes ago, isthishappiness said:

I actually discovered lana in 2019 ( I know, what a shame) and I haven't heard any unreleased songs except yes to heaven and is this happiness (which I absolutely love)

actually something to know, is this happiness? was actually a bonus track on Ultraviolence. definitely look up Flipside that was a region exclusive bonus track

if you like pop music: BBM Baby, Dreamgirl, 

Classic Lana sounds: Afraid, Because of You, Marilyn Monroe, Color Blue (Wild On You), Dangerous Girl, Hundred Dollar Bill, You Can Be The Boss

I would go through each era’s un release tracks or even some demos or released stuff. Send me a message if you’d like to see a full list I can send of songs from each era! 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, isthishappiness said:

if you liked yes to heaven, you'll probably like: 

-fordham road

- money hunny

- your band is all the rage

- get drunk

- jimmy gnecco

- on our way

- wild on you

- fine china 

- living legend

- i don't wanna go

- cherry blossom

- i talk to jesus

- thunder 

WGe8ynS.gif

On 7/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, Amadeus said:

Say Yes To Heaven (COCC Version) vibes