Party Party

Jai Paul

MTM3NDE0OTA5OTc2NjUwOTIx.jpg

Jai Paul, is one of the most mysterious and most hyped producers in London.

Born in 1988 in Rayners Lane, London, England, this solo producer/singer-songwriter has released only 2 songs throughout his career through the british record label XL Recordings

You may know him from his slow and sexy song "Jasmine" which was also included in the Grand Theft Auto 5 soundtrack, or you might know him from his upbeat and mind-blowing song "BTSTU", which received widespread attention across the internet and was featured on many big blogs in 2011. 

Jasmine (Demo):

BTSTU (Demo):

In 2013, Jai's personal laptop was stolen, including a bunch of unfinished work and demos, resulted in a fake debut album leak. A Bandcamp account posing as Jai himself, leaked a 16 track album named "Jai Paul". The account and it's release were taken down very quickly as a result of the leak. Jai and XL Recordings announced that the leak was infact, NOT Jai's debut album and he did not release it yet, as he said himself, the leak was "illegal". PM me for a download link.

Not much is known about him, which makes him one of the most incognito producers ever. 

However, he has done one and only one interview, which you can read here.

He talks about his influences and stuff. Pretty cool.

In March of this year, (2016) Jai and his brother A.K. Paul, who is also a producer, announced a new project called "the Paul Institute" which followed a new song release by A.K. Paul. (Hopefully prompting Jai to release some new songs soon because I NEED :excited: to hear more of his music. It's amazing.)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy his music! His work is always good and it honestly deserves more recognition.

XL denied it here http://www.spin.com/2013/04/jai-paul-leak-xl-statement-not-real/

but there's far too many coincidences outlined here http://noisey.vice.com/blog/cracking-the-jai-paul-paul-album-leak-conspiracy

it's been almost three years now, and no official release still because that was the entire album. The entire release strategy got FAR MORE publicity for the record than if he had just surprise dropped it

BzhmW.png

XL denied it here http://www.spin.com/2013/04/jai-paul-leak-xl-statement-not-real/

but there's far too many coincidences outlined here http://noisey.vice.com/blog/cracking-the-jai-paul-paul-album-leak-conspiracy

it's been almost three years now, and no official release still because that was the entire album. The entire release strategy got FAR MORE publicity for the record than if he had just surprise dropped it

Hm. Thanks for that. I'm guessing you like Jai also?

Hm. Thanks for that. I'm guessing you like Jai also?

oddly enough I had never heard of him and I downloaded it after listening to Jasmine when people freaked out that it had suddenly appeared on Bandcamp in 2013. 

BzhmW.png

Thanks for this thread. I absolutely adore his music.

Too bad he never got to release the album as he intended it to be. At least we can listen to the leak legally now. 

He seems like such a perfectionist and a shy person. We might not hear new music soon. 

It's crazy how he called Demos the only songs he released intentionally and still they influenced the whole scene.