evalionisameme

Avril Lavigne

https://youtu.be/IpJQPD88Vq8

I only knew about Breakaway omg. It was the only Kelly Clarkson song I liked because it just touched me so much, but Avrils demo version makes so much more sense because it was about her breaking away from her home town to become the star she always wanted to be

I remember downloading Avrils demo of Daydream on limewire in like 2006, and I loved it so much, but it confused me how it was never completed or released, and tbh I had never heard Mirandas version, so I never knew what happened to that song until now

Dancing Crazy (also given to Miranda) is soooo like WTH and Here's to never growing up. If I had heard those songs without knowing Avril wrote them, I'd know straight away anyway

Also I did here I Will Be sung by that other woman in a cafe once and it confused me so much but I forgot to ever look into it

I only knew about Breakaway omg. It was the only Kelly Clarkson song I liked because it just touched me so much, but Avrils demo version makes so much more sense because it was about her breaking away from her home town to become the star she always wanted to be

I remember downloading Avrils demo of Daydream on limewire in like 2006, and I loved it so much, but it confused me how it was never completed or released, and tbh I had never heard Mirandas version, so I never knew what happened to that song until now

Dancing Crazy (also given to Miranda) is soooo like WTH and Here's to never growing up. If I had heard those songs without knowing Avril wrote them, I'd know straight away anyway

Also I did here I Will Be sung by that other woman in a cafe once and it confused me so much but I forgot to ever look into it

Daydream could have been her best song. I never understood why they scrapped it. It was actually originally sold to Demi Lovato for her debut album in 2008 (you can find videos online of her singing the song at various shows) but then they scrapped her from her album too. Which still makes no sense. So finally they gave it to Miranda and she released it on her album. Such a shame. That song deserves so much more. I pray we get Avril's full demo in HQ one day... the fact that we got the Breakaway demo gives me hope. And yeah I could totally imagine Dancing Crazy being included on Goodbye Lullaby. I think it was actually written for that album initially if I'm not mistaken. Miranda has gotten songs that were written by/for Avril, Demi, Britney, and Kesha. The songwriters and producers credited for her album are actually astonishing. Like why the hell did this little girl get all of these amazing songs? Why is SHE the one who gets to release them? Ugh so frustrating.

TjmiIK4.png

Daydream could have been her best song. I never understood why they scrapped it. It was actually originally sold to Demi Lovato for her debut album in 2008 (you can find videos online of her singing the song at various shows) but then they scrapped her from her album too. Which still makes no sense. So finally they gave it to Miranda and she released it on her album. Such a shame. That song deserves so much more. I pray we get Avril's full demo in HQ one day... the fact that we got the Breakaway demo gives me hope. And yeah I could totally imagine Dancing Crazy being included on Goodbye Lullaby. I think it was actually written for that album initially if I'm not mistaken. Miranda has gotten songs that were written by/for Avril, Demi, Britney, and Kesha. The songwriters and producers credited for her album are actually astonishing. Like why the hell did this little girl get all of these amazing songs? Why is SHE the one who gets to release them? Ugh so frustrating.

Right!?  Even Demi would have managed to make it good with a studio version,  but Miranda could barely do anything with it besides make it sound like she totally used Avrils vocals in the chorus. (Shane Dawson covers that pretty well in his latest conspiracy video hahah) 

Right!?  Even Demi would have managed to make it good with a studio version,  but Miranda could barely do anything with it besides make it sound like she totally used Avrils vocals in the chorus. (Shane Dawson covers that pretty well in his latest conspiracy video hahah) 

Oh yeah they totally used a shit ton of Avril's vocals and then edited the fuck out of them so they could pass as Miranda's mediocre voice. Even more than they did Bebe Rexha's vocals in Monster or Charli's vocals in Same Old Love... embarrassing  :smokes3:

TjmiIK4.png

Listen to Take Me Away B-Side version, Get Over It & Alone!

Breakaway is such a beautiful song I know

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

TASTE!!!! All bops. Get Over It is one of her best songs IMO. Should've been on the album... it's too good to be just a b-side  :sky:

This fan-made music video is pretty poor quality (uploaded in 2006) but every time I watch it my mind is blown. It looks so official, they did an amazing job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke8ZSi80j_0

Also if anyone wants me to PM them a download of unreleased/b-sides I have them all in good quality!  :heart:  Except for Daydream of course but let me not get started on my tangent again lmaooo 

TjmiIK4.png

TASTE!!!! All bops. Get Over It is one of her best songs IMO. Should've been on the album... it's too good to be just a b-side  :sky:

This fan-made music video is pretty poor quality (uploaded in 2006) but every time I watch it my mind is blown. It looks so official, they did an amazing job.

Also if anyone wants me to PM them a download of unreleased/b-sides I have them all in good quality!  :heart:  Except for Daydream of course but let me not get started on my tangent again lmaooo 

I remember crying to this video and that mirror smashing synch oh my god!!

Send me a mega link I have to start listening to her again

I was such a stan back in the day she was my first Lana if that makes sense

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Alone is my favourite!  It was on my TBDT cd cause I got the special/deluxe

I've got all of her unreleased saved to Watch Later on YouTube to get around to when I'm back home :)  I'll listen to those 2 first tho

I loved avril since I was a little kid but I only have her officially released songs

If you have a link to her unreleased collection I'd love to have it

it's taken forever the album has been delayed for a long time and she's said many times it's going to be released there a lot of songs that have been written for the album who knows what will happen sky Ferreira 2.0 tbh.

It's been in production since 2015

I used to stan her when I was 12  :defeated:  :icant:

Unfortunately she is not the same kind of artist Lana is who breathes music, constantly writes stuff and overall just has a great work ethic. 

Sure, Avril was ill for quite some time, but that does not justify this extreme delay of her 6th album  :oprah3:

Avril is just an uneducated, poor decision making (relationship AND business wise), lazy "singer" who lacks any social skill in communication with her fan base (or what's left of it).

However, I'm still looking forward to what she brings to the table with AL6 (simply because it's been such a long time). I just don't think she's the kind of artist who has enough IQ to make something as brilliant as Honeymoon  :judgingu:  :eek:

And that's the tea  :slayty:

it's taken forever the album has been delayed for a long time and she's said many times it's going to be released there a lot of songs that have been written for the album who knows what will happen sky Ferreira 2.0 tbh.It's been in production since 2015

Yeah but unlike sky Ferreira she has actually been VERY sick and has also been doing her charity since then. I only remember that Avril was posting that she was writing late last year. I think once she knows what shes doing, she can get her shit together pretty fast compared to others

Yeah but unlike sky Ferreira she has actually been VERY sick and has also been doing her charity since then. I only remember that Avril was posting that she was writing late last year. I think once she knows what shes doing, she can get her shit together pretty fast compared to others

Yeah she was bedridden for an entire year, and then spent a whole 2nd year still recovering. She's lucky to even be over it, some people can't get rid of it and battle Lyme their entire lives. I'm sure it's been a long and difficult journey making her new album, and I think it will be worth the wait. She said it's her most personal album to date lyrically and she's diving into topics she's never touched on before. I think it'll be really different from her last album.

TjmiIK4.png

Yeah she was bedridden for an entire year, and then spent a whole 2nd year still recovering. She's lucky to even be over it, some people can't get rid of it and battle Lyme their entire lives. I'm sure it's been a long and difficult journey making her new album, and I think it will be worth the wait. She said it's her most personal album to date lyrically and she's diving into topics she's never touched on before. I think it'll be really different from her last album.

Yeah dont most people not even know they have the disease? Let alone be able to afford treatment and have time for recovery.

Part of me is a little scared that her new lyrics will come out as really corny like "im stronger now", "im a survivor" Kind of tweenager shit, but im really counting on her style maturing. I thought the evolution from GL to AL was beautiful, so lets hope it continues

I used to stan her when I was 12 :defeated: :icant:

Unfortunately she is not the same kind of artist Lana is who breathes music, constantly writes stuff and overall just has a great work ethic.

Sure, Avril was ill for quite some time, but that does not justify this extreme delay of her 6th album :oprah3:

Avril is just an uneducated, poor decision making (relationship AND business wise), lazy "singer" who lacks any social skill in communication with her fan base (or what's left of it).

However, I'm still looking forward to what she brings to the table with AL6 (simply because it's been such a long time). I just don't think she's the kind of artist who has enough IQ to make something as brilliant as Honeymoon :judgingu: :eek:

And that's the tea :slayty:

Of course not. Someone who got famous at 15/16 so easily could NEVER be like Lana who has worked so hard for years to just get one song noticed.

Avril is famous for doing whatever she wants, she doesnt have to be careful the way Lana does. They are almost the same age, yet so different.

Avril has done nothing to make me ever dislike her, but she has not been one of my top favourites for years just because her personality does not draw me in the way other artists do.

Its not to do with intelligence, its personality, and the way they translate themselves in music.

Of course not. Someone who got famous at 15/16 so easily could NEVER be like Lana who has worked so hard for years to just get one song noticed.

Avril is famous for doing whatever she wants, she doesnt have to be careful the way Lana does. They are almost the same age, yet so different.

Avril has done nothing to make me ever dislike her, but she has not been one of my top favourites for years just because her personality does not draw me in the way other artists do.

Its not to do with intelligence, its personality, and the way they translate themselves in music.

I agree with most of what you said. I'm just not sure she has the kind of freedom to do whatever she wants album-wise. In the past she was always set up with producers through her label to push her to make mainstream yet "edgy" music. She is a sellout, which makes her music seem inauthentic. 

Her music is never a cohesive body of work, but merely songs slapped together on something she dares to call an album (hello AL5) trying to sell a product.

It's probably both the intelligence and her personality. Let's not forget that she was a high school dropout after all.