evalionisameme

Avril Lavigne

I agree with most of what you said. I'm just not sure she has the kind of freedom to do whatever she wants album-wise. In the past she was always set up with producers through her label to push her to make mainstream yet "edgy" music. She is a sellout, which makes her music seem inauthentic. 

Her music is never a cohesive body of work, but merely songs slapped together on something she dares to call an album (hello AL5) trying to sell a product.

It's probably both the intelligence and her personality. Let's not forget that she was a high school dropout after all. 

I of course respect your opinion, and maybe the things she does kind does make her seem like a sellout, but through my eyes and ears I have never once thought she was one. And even if she is a sellout, it has not worked at all. Her sales just go down and down with each album. Ever since The Best Damn Thing she has basically been non-existent in pop media and no one remembers the singles from her last 2 albums. People are kinda like "oh is that Avril Lavigne? Oh I remember herrrr"

I think her personality has definitely gotten more boring, lol i feel bad for saying it but its true, But i think again, that is just her doing whatever she wants and becoming whatever she wants. Her music has gone in that direction too, and with a less interesting personality, music becomes less interesting

Until now she made music for tweens, she needs to make music for adults now, as her crowd is all grown up

AL6 should also feature a new Avril Lavigne logo, her Instagram effects on her photos still giving me 2013 wannabe-emo vibes

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I of course respect your opinion, and maybe the things she does kind does make her seem like a sellout, but through my eyes and ears I have never once thought she was one. And even if she is a sellout, it has not worked at all. Her sales just go down and down with each album. Ever since The Best Damn Thing she has basically been non-existent in pop media and no one remembers the singles from her last 2 albums. People are kinda like "oh is that Avril Lavigne? Oh I remember herrrr"

Exactly! Which is what makes the whole thing rather sad, tbh

Her most mature (& her best) song is GYWYL, Avril reached her peak with it

This 100%. Besides maturity, the song also had some sort of indie vibe to it which I absolutely loved.

I know I may seem bitter, so I'm sorry about that. I still would love to be proved wrong when she releases her long awaited new album. 

I really enjoyed her personality and persona in 2002-2007.

Sometimes I sit there and play that Budokan documentary DVD, MTV's Avril Diary and all that shit.

I think she was appealing to me and the public generally when she was rising along with XTina and Britney simply because she fit that opposition to them. She was a healthy influence on me and I thank her for that and I think many people do. I still to this day when I meet someone and we talk about early stuff cheer when I hear they were stanning Avril and I somehow trust them more and enjoy them more lol. I genuinely enjoyed Avril's personality and vibe.

I think that the problem is within the music today and the way it's presented. We dont need another Avril in our history simply because she taught us the lesson that needed to be taught & she's not that unique and authentic to be still living off of this idea of a rebel without a real cause. She's a huge fan of Halsey and I somehow think that if Avril was starting her career off today she'd do similar shit that Halsey does.

I really loved Goodbye Lullaby and I thought she'd start finding her new, mature self after the divorce and all that. But then life happened and that mess of self-titled album came along, which I deeply disliked. I just hope she experienced enough to be able to write from a new perspective and translate it sonically.

TL;DR Avril please stop putting another Girlfriend type of hit that your label pushes you to do because it's not gonna work in today's music. Thank you.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Yeah but unlike sky Ferreira she has actually been VERY sick and has also been doing her charity since then. I only remember that Avril was posting that she was writing late last year. I think once she knows what shes doing, she can get her shit together pretty fast compared to others

that's not why people are annoyed tbh and she has been doing the album since 2015 it's the constant the album is coming on insert date and it doesn't or I'm mixing the album and it turns out she hasn't don't say stuff if it isn't the truth her being ill is understandable lying isn't

Goodbye Lullaby would have been an amazing album if her label didn't force her to add the random radio singles, which really aren't cohesive with the rest of the album. Songs like Remember When, Goodbye, Not Enough, Everybody Hurts... they're all really good! Let's just hope we don't get another Fly... I really want Avril to succeed this era because I really do love her, she just needs to put out GOOD music. The last album really hurt her reputation in general (Hello Kitty).

Goodbye Lullaby would have been an amazing album if her label didn't force her to add the random radio singles, which really aren't cohesive with the rest of the album. Songs like Remember When, Goodbye, Not Enough, Everybody Hurts... they're all really good! Let's just hope we don't get another Fly... I really want Avril to succeed this era because I really do love her, she just needs to put out GOOD music. The last album really hurt her reputation in general (Hello Kitty).

Omg thank you for spilling the truth. We dont want another Fly. Thats exactly the kind of corny i dont want to come out of her newfound strength from recovery

Hello kitty would have been good with no video. That shit scarred my eyes.

Omg thank you for spilling the truth. We dont want another Fly. Thats exactly the kind of corny i dont want to come out of her newfound strength from recovery

Hello kitty would have been good with no video. That shit scarred my eyes.

The thing with stuff like Hello Kitty is that it needs some kind of awareness and that vibe to pull it off and it seemed forced with Avril for some reason

If Lana recorded that in 2009/10 I'd be clapping with my vagina to it but it's only because it's the kind of kitsch Lizzy glamorized and was aware of it if that makes sense

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The thing with stuff like Hello Kitty is that it needs some kind of awareness and that vibe to pull it off and it seemed forced with Avril for some reason

If Lana recorded that in 2009/10 I'd be clapping with my vagina to it but it's only because it's the kind of kitsch Lizzy glamorized and was aware of it if that makes sense

Yeah thats why i think it would have been successful as a single, to promote hello kitty or japanese merch or something. Its such a bop when you forget its randomness on the album and pretend the music video was just a bad dream

"Clapping with my vagina" Omg well said sis!

Fly had a good sound tbh, the lyrics were a bit cringey

Her singing was fantastic but it sounded like a cheap ripoff of Holding On

GYWYL and Hello Heartache her best songs?

The best songs on AV are Falling Fast, Bad Girl, 17 and HTNGU. And her best song entirely is Nobodys Home, Fall to Pieces and Im With You.

Tea spilled. xo

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Her best song is Get Over It and I'm incredibly sad that it hasn't been on any album

Also Runaway

I like Runaway. It would've been even better with a nice bridge instead of the repeated "runaway"s imo

I like Runaway. It would've been even better with a nice bridge instead of the repeated "runaway"s imo

That's when the songwriter gets lazy.

Selena did it on her iconic song Me & The Rhythym too :deadbanana: