LanaTrailer

Lana Del Rey Buys 2 Hollywood Hills Homes to Make Her Own $5.87 Million Compound

I emailed Lana's real estate agent last year feigning interest in the previous properties Lana purchased. I didn't presume to know anything about the current owner I just was curious to know how long her lease was.. (forgive me) and was told that "the current owner" would be moving out this summer (2016) and if I was interested we could discuss leasing the place for a year or two. I think Lana is also a landlord now. Queen of Lording the Land(s).

damn lol

I didnt know she had this much money. I dont know how accurate these celebrity net worth websites are but she is estimated to have 12M. Weird that she dropped 9 million on houses? I guess theyre good investment or smth...

she probably sold the other house and I think her actual networth is probably around 15 mil.

Don't forget, most people, celebrities included, don't usually just plunk down the entire cash value for a house.  They generally do what the rest of us do: Go to a bank, get a loan, and finance the house.  Banks will happily loan money to people with lots of money, because they know they'll get it back.  And she'll probably get a ridiculously low interest rate.  And since mortgage interest is tax-deductible, that's another reason not to pay cash for a house.  So, if she's worth $15M before buying those houses, she's still worth $15M after, plus more, because now she has the value of those houses in her portfolio.

The reason I even know this is that many years ago, I worked for an IT consulting firm, and one of our clients was a mortgage broker.  One of the broker's clients was former San Diego Padres baseball hall-of-famer Tony Gwynn.  He bought a nice house in Poway (suburb of San Diego), and he could have easily paid cash for it, but he financed it to get the tax break.