coxxist

Commercial Success

Those chart positions are for the UK, yeah? Summertime Sadness wasn't released in the UK, wasn't it only released in Germany? Ride hasn't been released yet either! That explains why they haven't charted!

I personally believe she isn't a 'commercial success' because, like you mentioned, her music doesn't attract the main audience. Her music isn't really 'mainstream' so she doesn't get a lot of plays on the television or radio (she doesn't even get much plays on Radio 1 which does actually surprise me).

A great example of this situation is Florence and the Machine. They have been popular for a few years now, but they've only recently just got their first number one single... and that single just happened to be an 'up-tempo house-inspired' remix of Spectrum. The remix went straight to number one yet the album version only charted at 104...

That's just my opinion on it :P

EDIT: Well, I actually wouldn't say she isn't a 'commercial success'. She is to a certain extent... but I don't know, I don't know how to describe what I mean. :facepalm:

20r46kx.jpg

She's classed as 'Alternative' so i guess the General Public like more generic Pop songs! Doesn't bother me, i prefer fpr her songs not to be killed by the radio...although i've only ever heard video games once on the radio :/

mH07H.png

Well, I really don't see the point of singles. Yes, they make sense if they're released before the album to promote it but after...why would I buy a song I already have? It just doesn't make sense and that's also the reason I never buy singles. Yes, it'd be cool to have everything Lana has ever released but I just can't justify wasting my money on something I already have.

Also, a lot of people don't like Lana because they think she's fake. I've only started really loving her after actually listening to her lyrics which a lot of people don't do. I know I didn't.

She'd doing very well. There are soo many musicians out there. Only because she's amazing and we love her music doesn't mean everybody will like her this much.

These are pretty good in my opinion:

Bildschirmfoto2012-10-20um185455.png

I'd prefer her not becoming a megasuperpopstar like Gaga.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.